Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pubs in Lahinch

• 24-05-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey all. I'm getting married in Ennistymon in July and am looking for a place to go the following day in lahinch with some close family and friends for a few drinks and maybe some finger food.

Can anyone recommend a pub or bar?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

how many of you are there likely to be?

I can only think of Flanagans that has an upstairs room you might be able to reserve, you'll be competing with the general tourist trade with all of them, the corner stone also has a "back bar" area that you might be able to reserve.

If you knew the weather was going to be good, the 19th has a nice outside area..

Otherwise Liscannor's pubs might be easier to get reserved space at and a bit more intimate plus the food at Vaughans or McHughs is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Mkelly1989

Hi thanks for the reply :) I'd say at the most there would be about 30 of us. I have contacted the 19th alright as I saw it looked nice so just waiting on a reply there. Was curious to know what other places are available ^_^

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

kenny's

bit rough, but has character

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mkelly1989 wrote: »
    Hey all. I'm getting married in Ennistymon in July and am looking for a place to go the following day in lahinch with some close family and friends for a few drinks and maybe some finger food.

Can anyone recommend a pub or bar?

Does it have to be Lahinch? I know it's next to Ennistymon but you could head to Ballyvaughan or Doolin or Miltown.

Clareman wrote: »
    Does it have to be Lahinch? I know it's next to Ennistymon but you could head to Ballyvaughan or Doolin or Miltown.

Doesn't have to be in suppose. Not everyone going to the next day can drive so just figured lahinch was the closest to get to! Where's good in ballyvaughan/doolin/Miltown?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Mkelly1989 wrote: »
    Doesn't have to be in suppose. Not everyone going to the next day can drive so just figured lahinch was the closest to get to! Where's good in ballyvaughan/doolin/Miltown?

I'd say figure out what you want the next day to be and go from there, for example is it a Saturday or Sunday? There might be a match on/surf lessons/hiking door/day trip to the Aran Islands.

Clareman wrote: »
    I'd say figure out what you want the next day to be and go from there, for example is it a Saturday or Sunday? There might be a match on/surf lessons/hiking door/day trip to the Aran Islands.

We were hoping for a BBQ if the weather is good enough. If not then a pub with finger food is perfect. We just want somewhere really to just chill out with family from the day before so surfing lessons or a hiking trip defo a no. It's a Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Tom44

philstar wrote: »
    kenny's

bit rough, but has character
    +1 on Kenny's :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭maryb26

http://www.kilshannyhouse.ie/

Very near ennistymon on the road to Lisdoonvarna.

Advertisement