Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Type Garmin Speed Cadence Sensor Pairing Problem

Options
  • 24-05-2016 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've had a quick search and can't find a similar question, even though I though i'd spotted it before.....

Anyway.. So I bought the new type speed and cadence sensors to pair with my Edge 500. Cadence paired straight away, the ID number displayed on the device. The speed sensor will be detected straight away ( it says so on the head unit), but the sensor ID does not show up, just remains blank, and does not record speed/distance at all.

The devices are brand new, the green LED flashes to indicate the battery is ok, has anyone any idea of where I'm going wrong? I've emailed wiggle, who told me to contact Garmin support. I did, but that was a week ago and nothing back yet.

Help a brother out....

TIA

rr

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

ratracer wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I've had a quick search and can't find a similar question, even though I though i'd spotted it before.....

Anyway.. So I bought the new type speed and cadence sensors to pair with my Edge 500. Cadence paired straight away, the ID number displayed on the device. The speed sensor will be detected straight away ( it says so on the head unit), but the sensor ID does not show up, just remains blank, and does not record speed/distance at all.

The devices are brand new, the green LED flashes to indicate the battery is ok, has anyone any idea of where I'm going wrong? I've emailed wiggle, who told me to contact Garmin support. I did, but that was a week ago and nothing back yet.

Help a brother out....

TIA

rr

Settings...bike settings..Choose bike..

Ant+Spd/Cad

You now have four options...

Go for the last option Spd AND Cad

It should find them both.

The first option was for the old GSC10 and the next two, if you only had one of the new ones (I think)

It was a head melting experience learning that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭ratracer

Settings...bike settings..Choose bike..

Ant+Spd/Cad

Then go for the last option Spd AND Cad

It should find them both.

The first option was for the old GSC10 and the next two, if you only had one of the new ones (I think)

It was a head melting experience learning that.

Thanks for the reply. I've done that, this is where I'm stumped!! It will pick up both sensors, the cadence sensor shows a 5 digit ID number, the speed shows _ _ _ _ _ . The 500 detects that the speed sensor is there, but just don't store/display it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Take the battery out and give it and the connector a wipe. I'd a similar problem setting up mine, and I read somewhere that there's a small drop of grease on the battery and connector that can cause connection problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

ratracer wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. I've done that, this is where I'm stumped!! It will pick up both sensors, the cadence sensor shows a 5 digit ID number, the speed shows _ _ _ _ _ . The 500 detects that the speed sensor is there, but just don't store/display it.

The 500 can't display (or couldn't) the new sensor ID details. The 500 was designed for 5 digits and the new ones are 7 or so.

Maybe try a reset, then get both sensors active and try again? Don't worry about IDs being displayed, just if they get "attached" or "found", that is all you are looking for.

And when that is done just go for a spin and see if they go "active" or are "found"

Robert might be on to something though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I have a similar problem. Garmin (800) will only see the cadence sensor and ignore the wheel speed one. Only happens on one bike as I got LBS to sort the good bike, so I know the Garmin works, but really would like to get both bikes working properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

I have a similar problem. Garmin (800) will only see the cadence sensor and ignore the wheel speed one. Only happens on one bike as I got LBS to sort the good bike, so I know the Garmin works, but really would like to get both bikes working properly

have you a different profile for each bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭ratracer

Thanks for all the reply's folks, also received the following from Garmin:

http://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/simpleCase.htm?caseId={fc891080-721c-11e5-d135-000000000000}&kbName=garmin

I'm up and running now, hopefully it stays that way.

Interestingly enough, I hadn't taken the old magnet off the rear wheel, this may have been part of the problem also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Having the same issue at the minute pairing SS to 820 unit....
    On the back of the speed sensor it's giving an open lock and closed symbol...
    I've switched it to the open lock and still won't pair...??
    Any idears....
    Very basic info in the quick start guide.

Any idears....

Rescanned and found it....different serial number??? Ah well sorted
    Now to work out the many other features....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Any idears....

Close it again or your battery might fall out. Those markings are to show where to turn the battery over to lock it in place

• Advertisement

Close it again or your battery might fall out. Those markings are to show where to turn the battery over to lock it in place

Copped it last night thanks...

Advertisement