Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gus Doherty

Options
  • 24-05-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Need a bit of advice please.
    Has anyone had any dealings with a gentleman called Gus Doherty.
    He has offered to pave my driveway. I'm just a bit unsure.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Need a bit of advice please.
    Has anyone had any dealings with a gentleman called Gus Doherty.
    He has offered to pave my driveway. I'm just a bit unsure.
    Thank you.

Avoid anyone who 'offers' to do work. Unless you specifically went looking for someone to do your drive. Either way see discussion below.

http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=228598

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

A quick Google brings up a few warning threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Sully.marian

Thanks a million. I had seen that warning thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I dont trust anyone that calls to the door, I was burnt once by some bluffers wanting to do my gutters.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

As I rule I just don't trust people who call door to door like that.If I'd want my drive paved that badly (despite not having one) I'd ask around or look someone up online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If you want your driveway done, find a driveway that's been recently done, ask if the owner is happy with the work, ask who did it, check if the tradesman is *ahem* VAT registered and not overly mobile ;), and then go ahead.

Advertisement