Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Irritable Skin - MooGoo

Options
  • 24-05-2016 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've suffered from very dry irritable skin on my hands for a long time, I've tried prescription steroid creams and all other recommended hypo allergenic, non fragranced, paraffin oil free creams on the market.
    It has been absolute torture trying to find someone that doesn't hurt, cause irritation and inflames my skin
    It has been knocking my confidence as your hands are obviously so visible to everyone and going to meetings has been a nightmare due to having to shake hands etc.

The reason for my thread is to say that it seems I've found the answer......and that is MooGoo.
    I've only been using it for a short time but my skin has completely cleared up, my hands feel and look great and its so soothing too.

For anyone suffering from irritable skin, it's worth giving MooGoo a try. Hope this may help someone who's having trouble with irritable skin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

MooGoo is fantastic, very strong dairy smell off it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Hi which one of the moo goo did you use for hands?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

Hi which one of the moo goo did you use for hands?

I went with the irritable skin balm

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I took Evening Primrose oil once a day and used Vit E oil on my hands as a moisturiser - cheap and works a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

only saw this yesterday in the chemist and was very intrigued! anted to read some reviews first before buying becuase it seems pricey enough. i suffer from dry skin on my hands and my skin, particularly my knuckles, crack in cold weather and it's so sore.

i try not to use scented hand creams and i find they sting a little, and i don't really like very greasy ones either. this Moogoo stuff seems to get great reviews everywhere.

Would it be similar enough to Mintease?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Lucy_mc

+1 for moo goo irritable skin balm. The only thing that worked for a stubborn patch of eczema on my hand. Its really fantastic! I used about 1/8 of the bottle to get rid of it so have loads left and the eczema hasn't come back!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭gercoral

has anyone ever used it for pain relief or is it more for irritable/dry skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

gercoral wrote: »
    only saw this yesterday in the chemist and was very intrigued! anted to read some reviews first before buying becuase it seems pricey enough. i suffer from dry skin on my hands and my skin, particularly my knuckles, crack in cold weather and it's so sore.

i try not to use scented hand creams and i find they sting a little, and i don't really like very greasy ones either. this Moogoo stuff seems to get great reviews everywhere.

Would it be similar enough to Mintease?

Considering the amount you get it's not pricey at all!

I have oily/combination skin and swear by the full cream moisturiser. It's about 14 euro for 500ml, I use it for my face but it's suitable for your body, hands, etc... (and I'm extremely finicky about my skincare pretty much everything else I use is Ren)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

I've been tormented by scalp psoriasis for decades and came across moo goo in my search for an alternative to tar pomade, which is largely no longer available. Bought a tube of the irritable skin balm about March this year and put if on my scalp for 2 nights. Miracle!!! No psoriasis on day 3. Then decided to invest in the moo goo shampoo and conditioner. Guess what?? No psoriasis since, ever!! Even my hairdresser was asking what I was doing differently as my scalp is totally clear and my hair so soft. There's definitely something to their products.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

mvron wrote: »
    I've been tormented by scalp psoriasis for decades and came across moo goo in my search for an alternative to tar pomade, which is largely no longer available. Bought a tube of the irritable skin balm about March this year and put if on my scalp for 2 nights. Miracle!!! No psoriasis on day 3. Then decided to invest in the moo goo shampoo and conditioner. Guess what?? No psoriasis since, ever!! Even my hairdresser was asking what I was doing differently as my scalp is totally clear and my hair so soft. There's definitely something to their products.

That's amazing, must be such a relief to find something to ease your torment!

I bought this stuff for psoriasis and it did absolutely nothing for it sadly, it sounded so promising!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭mvron

Ah Cathmandoo - I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you. I know the torment well so really do feel your pain!!
    I guess I was just lucky but if there was something out there for me, I'm sure you'll find something that suits you.
    I'll keep an eye out for anything else that might suit and I'll repost if I come across anything that might help.
    All best wishes for you, MV

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Two people I know with skin conditions, one with psoriasis, the other with eczema, both tried Moogoo and it did nothing for either of them.
    But everyone is different and different products work for different people. In the case of the person I know with psoriasis they have found Aveeno products work well for them.

Advertisement