Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to automatically transfer money from one account to another?

Options
  • 24-05-2016 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭

Hi can you please tell me how I can automate transfers from my Current Account to my Savings account? As an example transfer €500 on the 1st of every month.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

kingtut wrote: »
    Hi can you please tell me how I can automate transfers from my Current Account to my Savings account? As an example transfer €500 on the 1st of every month.
    Hi kingtut, 

Thank you for contacting us on Boards. 

The way you lodge funds into your Savings account will depend on the type of Savings account you have. For example, our 365 Online Monthlysaver accounts can only accept a monthly direct debit payment into the account. While with our Demand Deposit accounts, you can set up a standing order to the account from your Current Account or make a transfer to it whenever you wish. Do you know what type of Savings account you have and we can advise you on what type of lodgements the account can accept? 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi kingtut, 

The way you lodge funds into your Savings account will depend on the type of Savings account you have. For example, our 365 Online Monthlysaver accounts can only accept a monthly direct debit payment into the account. While with our Demand Deposit accounts, you can set up a standing order to the account from your Current Account or make a transfer to it whenever you wish. Do you know what type of Savings account you have and we can advise you on what type of lodgements the account can accept? 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

My banking 365 account just says 'Savings'. Is there any definitive way that I can check what type it is?
    I did attempt to set up a standing order but it doesn't give me my savings account as an option ...

Thanks,
    Alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi kingtut, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

My banking 365 account just says 'Savings'. Is there any definitive way that I can check what type it is?
    I did attempt to set up a standing order but it doesn't give me my savings account as an option ...

Thanks,
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply. 

Did you open the Savings account through 365 Online? This would mean that the account would be a 365 Savings account which can only be paid into by a direct debit. However to be sure of this you can send your query when logged into 365 Online through the Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question. A representative with account access can then confirm the type of Savings account you have.

Thanks,
    Sarah 

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi kingtut, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks,
    Alan
    Hi Alan,

Thanks for your reply. 

Did you open the Savings account through 365 Online? This would mean that the account would be a 365 Savings account which can only be paid into by a direct debit. However to be sure of this you can send your query when logged into 365 Online through the Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question. A representative with account access can then confirm the type of Savings account you have.

Thanks,
    Sarah 
    Hi Sarah,

No I had the savings account well before I had 365 online. As per your advise I have asked the question through the online service desk so hopefully they can confirm soon.

Thanks for your help.
    Alan

Advertisement