Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cuchulainn cc tour of louth

• 24-05-2016 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭

Cuchulainn cc are once again hosting the Tour of Louth, to be held on Sunday June 5th.
    Same route options as last year. With a 45 and 110km route.
    Please note new start location. DKIT fitness centre (site of old job gym)
    Sign on now open online and all I for can be found on our website
    Www.touroflouth.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Is the only climb on the 110k long womans grave? I drove up it last weekend and I didn't enjoy it. So for that reason I'm considering the 45k. But if it was the only climb I could probably be persuaded...

If I signed up for the 100, could I do the 45 on the day if my legs weren't up to it? Likely doing a triathlon the day before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Long Woman's grave is the only climb.

My details from 2013

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/321692585

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭ptr_84

Yeah long woman's grave is only major climb. I can see no problem cgange g from long to short route on day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Dundalk - Mullins Cross - Ardee - Dundalk part is very flat and boring. Is there any reason why it can't be routed through some smaller roads such as via Anagassan, Togher, Clougherhead, Louth Village or whatever?

Route and safety statement has been submitted for this year. All feedback will be taken on by committee for consideration for future events.

• Advertisement

If you could flatten that bit up to the Long Woman's Grave, while you're at it, I'd be eternally grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭detones

All the best with this event but it's not the same since timing's went.

@eamonnator I'll get me shovel outta the shed.....can't tempt you to sign up for the hill climb tt up said hill.

ptr_84 wrote: »
    @eamonnator I'll get me shovel outta the shed.....can't tempt you to sign up for the hill climb tt up said hill.

no chance !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭easygoing39

AAHHH no timing?? That's the only reason I rode this event in the past,makes it a bit of a challenge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

If I'm not working I'll do this. Did it a few years back and really enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Did this two years ago and it was good craic with the timing. So is it all change now given the timing chips are no more? Were the numbers still good last year? Seems like a lot of events have lost their mojo - maybe there is a certain sportive apathy amongst the cycling converts from the last few years.

Weather looks like holding up for Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭on_the_nickel

ptr_84 wrote: »

Do you have a date for it yet? Might time a trip home to coincide....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Just signed up for this! My first sportive in ages..

Advertisement