Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Donegal To Dublin Airport

• 24-05-2016 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

Going to have to take a run to Dublin Airport next month, was checking out what fast charge points to use on the way (via Cavan) and it looks like the next fast charger after I leave Donegal is NAVAN :eek:.. am I missing a few points somewhere?

Are there any fast charge points in Fermanagh I can use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭celt262

Firblog wrote: »
    Going to have to take a run to Dublin Airport next month, was checking out what fast charge points to use on the way (via Cavan) and it looks like the next fast charger after I leave Donegal is NAVAN :eek:.. am I missing a few points somewhere?

Are there any fast charge points in Fermanagh I can use?

There is one in Cavan below Breffni Park on the way into town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭Firblog

celt262 wrote: »
    There is one in Cavan below Breffni Park on the way into town.

Not showing on the ESB site.. is it a fast charge point?

Enniskillen-Monaghan-M1 Castlebellingham would be the route I'd take.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

If you are parking up for a stay then use the red long term DAA. They have 4 scp's on site so very handy to have a full charge on return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭celt262

Not showing on the ESB site.. is it a fast charge point?

Haven't a clue sorry.

• Advertisement

samih wrote: »
    Enniskillen-Monaghan-M1 Castlebellingham would be the route I'd take.

Do you know of any fast charge points along that route?

www.esb.ie/ecars shows a Chademo one just north of Enniskillen but I haven't personally visited it.

In the other two spots I have personally used a Chademo charger and the Monaghan is a triple head one so also has AC43 and CCS. The southbound Castlebellingham is a very reliable one unlike the northbound one which is dying.

Plane is landing @ 1.30am so will need 24hr access - first time travelling a distance longer than the range, will prob need a minimum of 2 stops between Donegal & Airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I am in Donegal and always go via Monaghan when I'm doing Dublin. Short stop in Mellon Country Inn near Omagh, Monaghan, Castlebellingham then Airport.

If you're using the SCP at the airport, bear in mind that it will mean leaving the car fully charged for the duration of your time away which is not advised, depending on how long you'll be away.

The other option is to get creative with the charging timer and remote charging.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    I am in Donegal and always go via Monaghan when I'm doing Dublin. Short stop in Mellon Country Inn near Omagh, Monaghan, Castlebellingham then Airport.

Any of them fast chargers?

• Advertisement

yes. Why don't you check the ecars charger map yourself?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Any of them fast chargers?

Those are all fast chargers.

If I'm doing a long trip standard chargers are a backup only, never plan A.

Advertisement