Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find the best Curry Chips in Dublin

Options
  • 24-05-2016 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

I love a good curry chips.

I'm used to my local country chipper where the curry chips were always great.

I've struggled to find a good curry chips in Dublin.

Does anyone know where to find the best curry chips in Dublin?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You're more likely to find answers here in the Dublin City forum.

*Moved from Food & Drink

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

I like the curry chips from The Inchicore Inn!
    I regularly treat myself to a 3/1 there on a Friday after work. The odd time I have got a few " hard" chips but I have tried a few others around the D8 area and this is the one I like . Generally when they are on form chips that are full off fluffy potatoe, a nice chip curry ( not too spicey!) Actually they even delivered to The Coombe for me! LOL
    Others may not agree and Im sure there are better out there but this is my favourite in that area.
    I also used to love the Chinese at the Pennyhill in Lucan. They did great curry chips but that was some years ago and things can change!

We need a curry chip thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Over the last few years, nearly every chipper has started using that awful McDonnell's curry sauce - so you'll be hard pressed to find one that's any different to the rest. Still, Borza on the Cromwellsfort road is the probably the best of the bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

There's also some bad bad curry sauce out there in some chippers. The curry is stretched by adding additional water and corn flour. Blander and paler in appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

A Disgrace wrote: »
    Over the last few years, nearly every chipper has started using that awful McDonnell's curry sauce - so you'll be hard pressed to find one that's any different to the rest. Still, Borza on the Cromwellsfort road is the probably the best of the bunch.
    blue_blue wrote: »
    There's also some bad bad curry sauce out there in some chippers. The curry is stretched by adding additional water and corn flour. Blander and paler in appearance.

This is what I'm finding. It's so hard to find a good curry chips these days.

They used to be delicious but now they are either bland or just a bad sauce.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

They were never good, no more than sh*tty unhealthy delicious chipper food can be called "good". But they always used that sweet, lumpy, microwaved curry sauce in any chipper I've ever been to. I haven't ordered this exquisite meal in years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

They were never good, no more than sh*tty unhealthy delicious chipper food can be called "good". But they always used that sweet, lumpy, microwaved curry sauce in any chipper I've ever been to. I haven't ordered this exquisite meal in years though.

Ya can't beat some good comfort crap once in a while ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There is a chipper just down the road from Connolly Station, that does savage curry sauce. Nice and thick and gloopy, like proper curry sauce. It has a hot curry flavour too, unlike the mass produced, watery muck, that most places serve. I can't remember the name of the place, but its just under the railway bridge, heading away from the river, not towards it. It's been about 3 years since I had it, but when I lived in the IFSC, I earned a quare few frequent flyer chipper miles there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Get the curry sauce in a chinese and chips in a proper chipper.

The sauce is crap in most chippers and most chinese places use bog standard frozen chips.

My local chinese does a tray of curry sauce for 2.60, the tray you usually get rice in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭CINCLANTFLT

Where to find the best Curry Chips in Dublin? You'll find them in Cork in Lennoxs up Barracks Street....

• Advertisement
Advertisement