Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying from Bank of Ireland Mortgage (Internal Review)

Options
  • 24-05-2016 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I sale agreed on a repossessed property from Bank of Ireland by the end of February. I got my contracts from Banks solicitor few weeks before. I signed it and my solicitor returned the contracts back to sellers solicitor. We paid 10% also.
    Now the sellers solicitor is saying that the bank is doing an internal review and there is no time frame. I am really frustrated. I got my present mortgage after attempting few times and the present mortgage offer will expire in the first week of June. I already informed the Estate agent this well before agreeing to sale. Even if I go back, It wont help me at this state since I need to apply again.
    Also, I have informed my land lord that I will be moving out by the second week of June and I dont know where I will go with my young kids. I am really distressed and stressed. Please advise me how long the internal review might take and how can I contact your concerned department.
    Regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Jomoin wrote: »
    Hi,
    I sale agreed on a repossessed property from Bank of Ireland by the end of February. I got my contracts from Banks solicitor few weeks before. I signed it and my solicitor returned the contracts back to sellers solicitor. We paid 10% also.
    Now the sellers solicitor is saying that the bank is doing an internal review and there is no time frame. I am really frustrated. I got my present mortgage after attempting few times and the present mortgage offer will expire in the first week of June. I already informed the Estate agent this well before agreeing to sale. Even if I go back, It wont help me at this state since I need to apply again.
    Also, I have informed my land lord that I will be moving out by the second week of June and I dont know where I will go with my young kids. I am really distressed and stressed. Please advise me how long the internal review might take and how can I contact your concerned department.
    Regards
    Hi Jomoin, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie

We're sorry to hear this and can understand your frustrations. However as internal reviews are carried out on a case by case basis, we would be unable to advise you here how long this may take. Your solicitor will need to follow this up on your behalf with Bank of Ireland directly to enquire about the time frame and completion date of the review. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jomoin

Hi,
    Regards
    Hi Jomoin, 

We're sorry to hear this and can understand your frustrations. However as internal reviews are carried out on a case by case basis, we would be unable to advise you here how long this may take. Your solicitor will need to follow this up on your behalf with Bank of Ireland directly to enquire about the time frame and completion date of the review. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Sarah,
    Thank you for this. I am really left with not much options. I have been trying for a mortgage for last three years and I got one approved only this time. This offer will expire on 11th of June. I am not sure if I will be approved again if I apply now. Also, I informed my Land Lord that I will be vacating on 10th of June. 
    Please let me know whom can my solicitor contact in BOI? Please let me have the contact details? I will pass it to my solicitor.
    Thanks for understanding my situation.
    Regards 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi,
    Regards
    Hi Jomoin, 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Sarah,
    Thank you for this. I am really left with not much options. I have been trying for a mortgage for last three years and I got one approved only this time. This offer will expire on 11th of June. I am not sure if I will be approved again if I apply now. Also, I informed my Land Lord that I will be vacating on 10th of June. 
    Please let me know whom can my solicitor contact in BOI? Please let me have the contact details? I will pass it to my solicitor.
    Thanks for understanding my situation.
    Regards 
    Hi Jomoin, 

Regrettably we would be unable to advise you further here on Boards. Please ask your solicitor to contact the seller's solicitor for more information on this. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Jomoin wrote:
    Hi, I sale agreed on a repossessed property from Bank of Ireland by the end of February. I got my contracts from Banks solicitor few weeks before. I signed it and my solicitor returned the contracts back to sellers solicitor. We paid 10% also. Now the sellers solicitor is saying that the bank is doing an internal review and there is no time frame. I am really frustrated. I got my present mortgage after attempting few times and the present mortgage offer will expire in the first week of June. I already informed the Estate agent this well before agreeing to sale. Even if I go back, It wont help me at this state since I need to apply again. Also, I have informed my land lord that I will be moving out by the second week of June and I dont know where I will go with my young kids. I am really distressed and stressed. Please advise me how long the internal review might take and how can I contact your concerned department. Regards

Hi. I am currently in the exact same position with BOI. have you had any closure on this?? Or idea of timeframe? Ours is a month in an internal review now.Sorry for your frustrations. I know how you feel. To be treated like this is total **** housing on the banks behalf. Hope it works out for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭dbagman

Hi,
    Regards
    You had any closure on this at all? Or even an idea whats going on? thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement