Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh Cheoil 2016

• 24-05-2016 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭

I'm really looking forward to the Fleadh in Ennis, it will be great craic, I'm very fond of the Willie Clancy festival in Miltown Malbay, so another excuse to come to this amazing county and to play some tunes. I was at the Sligo Fleadh the last two years and it was amazing craic and some incredible tunes to be had.

http://www.fleadhcheoil.ie/

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭Deagol

To be honest, I'm dreading it and trying to move out for the time it's on.

The last time I was near a Fleadh my over-riding memories are:

People drinking and puking all over the streets, anti-social behaviour from the louts who have no interest in anything to do with the festival except causing trouble.
    Noise all around the town till the early hours, litter everywhere and damage to people's property.

I don't know if anyone else is feeling the same way? Maybe I'm just an anti-social, miserable old git :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I'm looking forward to it too. But I'm not from the town. It's true about the drinking, the litter and the noise until all hours. Probably the only town residents that are looking forward to it are the ones that are going to make a few €s on renting rooms out, or getting a few hours work in pubs, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Fsfop

Well I'm living in Ennis & really looking forward to it. Will be great to have it and good for local businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Squiglee

Hello to yous all!!! 😠There's about 12 of us going on the 19th - 22nd of August and were camping on the Clarecastle campsite. Anyone doing or thinking about doing this? We were abit late in booking and everywhere was booked out. But the camping will be bit of alaf. Cheers

Clarecastle is a bit of a walk from town. The Eire Og GAA Club are doing camping also, or St. Flannans College. They would be much closer.

• Advertisement

finbarrk wrote: »
    Clarecastle is a bit of a walk from town. The Eire Og GAA Club are doing camping also, or St. Flannans College. They would be much closer.

How long would it be do ya reckon? 25min? Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,172 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

more like 40 I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

finbarrk wrote: »

Id imagine there will be a regular shuttle bus organised from any official festival campsites.

Id imagine there will be a regular shuttle bus organised from any official festival campsites.

Ye I rang yesterday they said there will be shuttle buses

It would be easier to stumble to Eire Og though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement