Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - The TV Coverage

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Haha George getting mixed up about which anthem is playing first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Rte player says I am using ad blocker but I'm not, very frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

Byrne on again , very progressive stuff from TV3 making her the main pundit. The feminists on twitter love it! And the viewers all switch off. No wonder their channel is gone down the pan. Maybe Sky Sports will bring her in, Souness might put in a word.

What next disabled football pundits to tick boxes. Embarrassing stuff
    Who needs Ross O'Carroll Kelly when you have this kind of stuff on boards.ie !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Can someone post a transcript of everything Kerr says, Rte player refuses to work for me, bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 Hooperati01

Emma is missing the fast play of Chile in the Euros,I give up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Just came out with a few classics there...

After a jersey got ripped
    "The material they use nowadays is brutal, we usedta get a season out of the auld woolen ones"
    After a keeper knocked the ball over the bar
    "Keeper made a birroffa haymes of it deyer"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Kerr says the player Lichsteiner "has a bit of a grumpy head on him"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I think she missed it because Chile arent there maybe? We all missed it. Emma seems to have a script of points to make in front of her which she revises and plans during the ad break!

Much like Tommy Martin when he prepares his awful awkward, make no sense to the actual football debate style "jokes" when the ads are on also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

European soccer is becoming dull and predictable, I agree with her, much prefer see teams like Chile and USA competing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Emma Byrne on tv3 speaks exactly like Liam Brady. Must be the Arsenal connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭trashcan

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Yeah, I like Souness, and Sadlier. I'm going to be unfashionable here and say I still like Gilesy as well. He usually makes sense to me. I don't get the perception that he's past it. Liam Brady I can't take seriously since his adamant defence of Trappatoni, where you just knew that any other manager in the same circumstances would be getting it in the neck from him, big style. Dunphy, well he's Dunphy. Hysterical, ott, contradictory, etc, etc.

Stephen Hunt on tonight :eek: I can't even listen to him. Horrific. Of the new pundits Damien Duff has surprised me. Been quite good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Which channel is Stephanie Roche on? I only watch tv3 and rte?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Which channel is Stephanie Roche on? I only watch tv3 and rte?

She does the half 10 show on RTE2, she's only been on twice (I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Why are you looking at it then? Sick of the same shite people spew about the RTE panel. Compare it to the TV3 one. It's just boring. The RTE guys may not always be right but at least they get you involved.

I'm talking about Giles, not the panel. Dunphy gets a reaction because he is controversial, Giles isn't controversial, he is boring. Take Dunphy out of that panel and you take away the controversy/entertainment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Emma Byrne on tv3 speaks exactly like Liam Brady. Must be the Arsenal connection.

They;re both from Dublin as well. I think that might have more to do with it.

• Advertisement

Mec27 wrote: »
    European soccer is becoming dull and predictable, I agree with her, much prefer see teams like Chile and USA competing.

Yeah it's awful.That's why the last 3 world champions have come from Europe.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Giles is a more measured and less melodramatic version of Dunphy.

Think Stephanie Roche has started pre-season training with Sunderland so I don't think she'll be back on again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Who's co comm on TV3 ?

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Who's co comm on TV3 ?

Gerry Armstong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Why does Stephen Hunt look like a bad Sweeney Todd O_O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I spoke too soon about ticking boxes. RTE have Hunt on with his accent ticking the Traveller quota.

WTF :confused:

Oh christ, Stephen Hunt! "That wasnt a penalty" because someone else didnt get a penalty!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Why is the top of hunts hair green?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Stephen Hunt saying the Swiss player dragged to the floor by Sagna didnt deserve a penalty because he wasnt going to get to the ball

Hunt talking nonsense here

WTF :confused:

You heard Hunt speak?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Stephen Hunt is 34....

Oh christ, Stephen Hunt! "That wasnt a penalty" because someone else didnt get a penalty!

Only in Ireland

Mec27 wrote: »
    Stephen Hunt is 34....

Ah, he must be older!! Sure look at him, he clearly was playing soccer in the 1980s with this head of hair and look!

220px-Stephen_Hunt.png

ps, yes he is only 34, at least he isnt colouring his hair though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

I like the panel on RTE - Hunt Hamman and Sadlier. Much prefer them to anything TV3 has and would have them over Dunphy Giles and Brady

You heard Hunt speak?

yeah, he speaks like he is from Laois?

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »
    I like the panel on RTE - Hunt Hamman and Sadlier. Much prefer them to anything TV3 has and would have them over Dunphy Giles and Brady

yeah, Hamman and Sadlier are the standout pundits on Irish tv so far for me, always really liked listening to Sadlier and his writing is brilliant also. Hunt comes out with some silly "clown " comments on occasion but he offers a nice balance and a bit of humour to it and knows his stuff also.

He sounds more Waawherfurd to me.

Which is the loveliest accent in the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

so what? Green Fella doesn't like his accent and that what counts!

so what? Green Fella doesn't like his accent and that what counts!

of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

He was brought up in Waterford though.

I was born in Portlaoise as well but there is no way anyone is claiming me as a Leixman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

From Portlaoise according to Wiki.

He has the most Waterford accent in the world! He could have a voice-off with John Mullane.

I think thats in Laois.............. ;)
    the question mark was because he referred to him as a traveller because his accent! I was just saying he sounds like he is from Laois because he is from Laois!

Hunt sounds like he steals copper wire from building sites. Lets be honest hes not up to it, hes hardly the new John Giles with insight such as "he didn't get a penalty so he shouldn't either".

While the likes of Cunningham have to sit on the sidelines. There should be high standards, this isnt TV3 we are talking about here. Duff is not too bad but a very boring man.

• Advertisement

the question mark was because he referred to him as a traveller because his accent! I was just saying he sounds like he is from Laois because he is from Laois!

But he doesn't sound like he is from Laois.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Stephen Hunt used to be Rory Gallagher in his spare time.

The Hunt family moved to Waterford when Stephen was a kid and before Noel was born. He is a Deise man.

Well I've a pal from Portlaoise who sounds nothing like Hunt. Listen his accent isnt a big deal I sound alot like Hunt myself. Its more his lack of insight that is the issue. Brian Kerr has a very strong accent but his insight is 2nd to none.

I should point to you out that the correct name for the county (according to my grandad) is Leix.

Yep bit of Waterford vibe also

• Advertisement

He was brought up in Waterford though.

I was born in Portlaoise as well but there is no way anyone is claiming me as a Leixman.

Yeah, I always thought he was Waterford and was surprised when I saw Laois! O Shea's accent isnt as strong and hes been in England almost 20 years now .

I dont think Hunt's accent is all that strong anyway. Few times he has phrases and it sounds extremely strong but generally not extreme!

As I write that he says "twuttur" instead of twitter!!

Hunt talking about reading criticism online, lets hope he doesnt log in here lol

Loved this Apres Match already! Only few seconds in!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hunt talking about reading criticism online, lets hope he doesnt log in here lol

You seem pretty keen to hand it out, maybe he'll give you what for! :D

Loved this Apres Match already! Only few seconds in!!

Love when they do Venables. Brilliant laugh! What ever happened to El Tel? Why is he not on as a pundit these days anymore, havent seen him on TV in years

• Advertisement
Advertisement