Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - The TV Coverage

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭briany

Apres Match absolutely need to do a sketch where the RTE player is glitching. Doing weird things like playing a couple of seconds of video looping, or switching over to a cartoon. I think they could make that very funny.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Laurie Sanchez: Slight deflection for Hungary's third goal according to him. What the...

He's the worst commentator I've heard in the tournament so far. Is he half asleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Tinie wrote: »
    Laurie Sanchez: Slight deflection for Hungary's third goal according to him. What the...

He's the worst commentator I've heard in the tournament so far. Is he half asleep

Worst commentator I've ever heard, not just in this tournament. Brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Ha, he said a minute ago that the defending has been quite poor tonight......noooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

As someone who has been relying on both the RTE and TV3 player a fair bit during this tournament:

A big **** YOU to both Marcel Desailly and to Carlsberg. :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭briany

As someone who has been relying on both the RTE and TV3 player a fair bit during this tournament:

A big **** YOU to both Marcel Desailly and to Carlsberg. :mad: :mad:

Aye, but those ads are all about brand awareness at the end of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

briany wrote: »
    Aye, but those ads are all about brand awareness at the end of the day.

Aye, I'm aware of your pissy beer, now leave me alone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    The ad where every country's fans look like models except the squat leprechaun is unbelievable!

I haven't seen this Uefa ad (for the Uefa store on their website) in about a week. I wonder have they pulled it in Ireland after someone complained. The other won with David Guetta on the train is on every ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

I'd say Dunphy was on the sauce.

I haven't seen this Uefa ad (for the Uefa store on their website) in about a week. I wonder have they pulled it in Ireland after someone complained. The other won with David Guetta on the train is on every ad break.

Defo saw it yesterday. It always catches my eye, like when I catch my own reflection in a window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Anyone else bothered by the blue & red lightning in the RTE studio? Shouldn't it be green and orange....for the night that is in it?

Ok. Just me then so....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Thought Dunphy was going to cry. O'Shea being championed as a great now.

Michael O'Neill was very brave apparently for making so many changes against Ukraine, that 11 hadn't played together either.

But Martin O'Neill is a clown according to Dunphy.

McCarthy is lucky to keep his place but I'd be hopeful of him operating better without Whelan occupying his favoured area of the field.

No complaints about rest of changes, we might not know what we will get from this team but the last line up didn't show up did they?

Do the panel not have any lateral thinking that maybe Holohan (who can't last 70 minutes) is better off being introduced with 30 mins to go to capitalise on tired legs?

Our best hope is to lump it in to murphy and long and hope for something off a set piece. Better teams than us have been unable to break Italy down.

The idea that we should try and outplay Italy with Holohan in the mix, is stupid. Never play a better team at their own game u lose 90 times out of 100.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Did any of them say to Dunphy that surely these kids that are in playing video games instead of out of the street kicking a ball around are no loss to the game as if they prefer video games to playing football then they don't have that much love for football and in that case are never going to get close to any decent level in the game and thus are no loss at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Defo saw it yesterday. It always catches my eye, like when I catch my own reflection in a window.

and there it is ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

No doubt this is set up for a hyperbolic Cuntphy speech post match about how good we were and how proud they should be and how o Neill got it so right with the selection.

I don't usually mind him and just let him warble on but he really has been a disrespectful troll the last few days. Those comments the other night and his attempted joke done it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

One of the greats nights in Irish history apparently!

Eamo will be in tears when we get back to the studio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Ffs. Can we just replay the whole game and not have to listen to Aidan "let's cheer on the lads" Power

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Hey, I just realised...Thierry Henry is going to f*cking hate the build-up to this one. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

I just wanta say I love everyone on boards.ie right now. Feeling immensely generous at the moment.:D All those who were writing Ireland off I am so glad to say the Irish team beat the predictions. I wonder if the bookies will be doling out a lot on this one.

jonathan-walters-celebrates-scoring-his-second-goal-3-752x501.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Just watching the highlights on the Beeb; I thought Jonathan Pearce was about to spontaneously combust when Brady scored!
    :D

Any more highlights on now?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That clip of the Iceland commentator going mad reminded me of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I've never seen such a sea change in attitude from Dunphy. The shift in personas was dramatic, from crantakerous oul troll to effusive lover towards all things Irish.

To be fair we were all cresting on that wave of emotion, but I would have expected the panel to make more of the fact that Italy were really not that bothered. When Insigne hit the post I thought, "hey that's unfair, you guys aren't supposed to be making an effort to win here!"

That clip of the Iceland commentator going mad reminded me of this

Best goal ever

Edit: Best non Robbie Brady goal ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭delaad

Best goal ever

Edit: Best non Robbie Brady goal ever

Best non Maradona goal ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

delaad wrote: »
    Best non Maradona goal ever

776.jpg

Any more highlights on now?

Full re-run on BBC2 atm. Worth a watch wha'? :)

• Advertisement

That was a wonder goal lets see us put a few past the French goalkeeper.
    More of the same please, thank you very much.:o:):cool::p;):rolleyes::D:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

Re: McGovern the NI goalkeeper btw

"On a domestic, Anglo-Scottish level it doesn't necessarily change too much," said Evans. "It reinforces certain clubs' belief in Michael as a good quality goalkeeper.

"But it has opened opportunities on a European level. It has opened the door to a number of clubs in Europe that without this exposure of Euro 2016 may not have come to the fore

We often forget that the football world exists outside these islands as places for players of these islands off the mainland to play in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭Sonny678

Is the Irish v French match on RTE or TV3 on Sunday, someone said to me its on neitheir of them. What station is the match been televised. Its wont feel the same if its on BBC, Shearer and Linekar are boring.

Sonny678 wrote: »
    Is the Irish v French match on RTE or TV3 on Sunday, someone said to me its on neitheir of them. What station is the match been televised. Its wont feel the same if its on BBC, Shearer and Linekar are boring.

Seeing as no one thought we'd get this far they may not have the rights. We'll have to find another way of watching the match. Messenger birds from Lyon from Irish fans could do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

If it's not on RTE2 I'll eat my....

Chances are schedules are pending tweaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Seeing as no one though we'd get this far they may not have the rights. We'll have to find another way of watching the match. Messenger birds from Lyon from Irish fans could do it.

Would you think?

I'd like to imagine someone somewhere with some power would be more than happy to take a bit of RTÉ's money to make it happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

blueser wrote:
    Just watching the highlights on the Beeb; I thought Jonathan Pearce was about to spontaneously combust when Brady scored!

RTE have rights to all Irish games. They will def show it.

IRELAND

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Jonathan Pearce was comically overwrought after Hoolahan's miss:

"Wes Hoolihan will see that in his nightmares for many years to come"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭smurfs5

RTE have first pick on knockout games and will show 5 Round of 16 games, two quarter finals, two semi-finals and of course, the final as well as TV3.

They just haven't decided which 5 they'll show yet. Obviously, they'll pick France/ROI, Wales/NI, Spain/Italy and then two others.

If there's one thing you can't accuse Lineker of being, by the way, is boring. Best football presenter around by miles.

• Advertisement

Think John Giles proved tonight that his opinions aren't relevant anymore. It's a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

siblers wrote: »

IRELAND
    Eh? Not sure what that has to do with my comment about Pearce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Patww79 wrote: »

I still cringe at the Benzema goal in the last World Cup where he got the goal line technology thing completely wrong and went on about it for 5 minutes when the whole world knew what was happening.

Awful commentator!

siblers wrote: »

IRELAND

What's your point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pearce has been brutal for years, he has at least toned down his attempt at native pronunciation of names a little though.

Watched the match on ITV lastnight and laughed when I heard Sam Matterface was commentating, never forget:
    It's about as weak as a glass of orange squash which is 52 parts water and half a part... squash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

ITV showing:
    Croatia v Portugal 8pm
    France v Republic of Ireland 2pm
    Germany v Slovakia 5pm
    England v Iceland 8pm

BBC showing:
    Switzerland v Poland 2pm
    Wales v Northern Ireland 5pm
    Hungary v Belgium 8pm
    Italy v Spain 5pm

ITV had first pick (Eng/Ice), BBC had the next two picks (Wales/NI, Italy/Spain), ITV next two picks (ROI/Fra, Por/Cro , BBC next (Bel/Hun), ITV (Ger/Slo), and BBC last (Swi/Pol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Saturday 25 June
    Switzerland v Poland, 2pm – RTÉ
    Wales v Northern Ireland, 5pm – RTÉ
    Croatia v Portugal, 8pm – TV3

Sunday 26 June
    France v Ireland, 2pm – RTÉ
    Germany v Slovakia, 5pm – RTÉ
    Hungary v Belgium, 8pm – TV3

Monday 27 June
    Italy v Spain, 5pm – TV3
    England v Iceland, 8pm – RTÉ

http://www.the42.ie/rte-tv3-euro-2016-ireland-france-2840802-Jun2016/

iseegirls wrote: »
    ITV showing:
    Croatia v Portugal 8pm
    France v Republic of Ireland 2pm
    Germany v Slovakia 5pm
    England v Iceland 8pm

BBC showing:
    Switzerland v Poland 2pm
    Wales v Northern Ireland 5pm
    Hungary v Belgium 8pm
    Italy v Spain 5pm

ITV had first pick (Eng/Ice), BBC had the next two picks (Wales/NI, Italy/Spain), ITV next two picks (ROI/Fra, Por/Cro , BBC next (Bel/Hun), ITV (Ger/Slo), and BBC last (Swi/Pol)
    Noooo! I really wanted the BBC to get the ROI/FRA game purely for Henry to be on punditry and also prefer they're analysts compared to ITV (barring Billic).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

I think it is mad BBC chose the Spain Italy game tbh. You have your two closest neighbours, two teams, one being the largest immigrant group in your country playing against your other neighbour, the host nation and longtime rival with the backdrop of the Henry handball, its must watch tv.

• Advertisement
Advertisement