Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - The TV Coverage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I've been using both this tournament and haven't noticed any difference in quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Anyone else watching on RTE Player or TV3 player in a browser? Full screen is no longer working for me today, was working for me earlier in the tournament. Tried both Chrome and Firefox. When I click full screen, the start menu and browser tabs are still visible. The player expands but only to place a blank background around the video, which doesn't increase in size. Cheers.

OK, have to click fullscreen for the video and then F11 to put the video in fullscreen, don't have to do that with youtube and didn't have to do it before today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

not many screenshots of sexy women in the crowd this tournament :(

French TV must have got a directive from some women's lib group

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

philstar wrote: »
    not many screenshots of sexy women in the crowd this tournament :(

French TV must have got a directive from some women's lib group

Its so cringeworthy tbf, lame fat guys in pubs cheering when some mildly attractive girl comes on screen

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

^^^^^^^^^^^

shush

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Ardent

So Harry, no shots on targets - looking like penalties? Harry: We might not have any shots on target during penalties the way this game is going! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Packie Bonner laughs like Jimmy Carr!! (except his isn't contrived!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Guffy

I have a game at 2 tomorrow so shall miss the Irish game. Does anyone know,

Will the full program be available on rte player?

How long after the game will it be up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I think packie is a breath of fresh air to the highlights show,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

gufc21 wrote: »

Should be up an hour or two after the game I'd say

I think packie is a breath of fresh air to the highlights show,

By the sound of him gasping as he chuckles, I think he needs a bit of fresh air!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Who in gods name puts a game on against this match?

madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

has to be gah, some parochial game or something. "No, we'll not schtop for the fúckin soccer"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

Was just going to say, it's pretty appalling they would leave it at the same time. If the GAA can change the Dubs match theres not really an excuse for any sport or team going ahead with a match at the same time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

Must be a GAA game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Green Fella

has to be gah, some parochial game or something. "No, we'll not schtop for the fúckin soccer"

My initial guess would be a GAA club match alright. I certainly would not attend even if I was the star player.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

But the double header in Croke Park tomorrow has been moved back so people can watch the match.

Small minded stuff alright.

But the double header in Croke Park tomorrow has been moved back so people can watch the the match.

I said parochial, this has all the hallmarks of some uppity redneck "administrator" making some bullheaded "stance"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,221 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I said parochial, this has all the hallmarks of some uppity redneck "administrator" making some bullheaded "stance"

I reckon its crap and trolling or basketball! Not GAA. Could be hockey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

To be fair, despite what social media would have you believe, you'd be surprised how many people out there couldn't care less about the game tomorrow, never mind changing their schedules to accommodate it.

In my own workplace last week I was struggling to find many like minded people to chat with about the Euros. There was far more barstooler interest in the poxy rugby...

I know there's an Ironman event on here in Galway tomorrow with a huge participation and I'm sure plenty of people supporting / working / spectating at it. There's probably all sorts of other events going on tomorrow and many just won't care about the match ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

JoeA3 wrote: »
    To be fair, despite what social media would have you believe, you'd be surprised how many people out there couldn't care less about the game tomorrow, never mind changing their schedules to accommodate it.

In my own workplace last week I was struggling to find many like minded people to chat with about the Euros. There was far more barstooler interest in the poxy rugby...

I know there's an Ironman event on here in Galway tomorrow with a huge participation and I'm sure plenty of people supporting / working / spectating at it. There's probably all sorts of other events going on tomorrow and many just won't care about the match ;)

No I won't have it.

The whole country must shut down in order to watch this TV programme.

Anyone who think they can enjoy their day by doing anything other than watching the match is far too closed minded.

:rolleyes:

American football. Schedules too tight to change it. Tried to move to an 11 kick off but playing psni and they were having none of it.

I would skip it if i wasnt on the board. God help the person who tells me the score, cause i know someone will :(

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    I see the Meath Bulldogs game is at midday now, so I can catch it and only miss the first half of the soccer.
    Would he a bit of a stretch for the cops to get down for an 11am kickoff right enough.

Yip and norn iron played yest so I'd imagine most of them were on duty.

Good luck today lad.

American football. Schedules too tight to change it. Tried to move to an 11 kick off but playing psni and they were having none of it.

I would skip it if i wasnt on the board. God help the person who tells me the score, cause i know someone will :(

It's 0-0 at the moment.

Oh dear .

Turns out it was an American Football match.

What a truly embarassing post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

american football:eek:....who the hell plays that in ireland???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

to quote a certain Mr Partridge....."american football is futuristic rugby"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

fryup wrote: »
    to quote a certain Mr Partridge....."american football is futuristic rugby"

tumblr_m56p3eGLd11rvzyvqo1_400.gif

Patww79 wrote: »

The North Kildare Reapers have a fabulous name and logo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

Would there be cheerleaders?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Build up rte2 now, saorview showing start time as 1:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Liam Brady - "I don't think Lloris is great at coming off his line" and "is bad at crosses". They are literally his strongest attributes. Get rid of these 3 dinosaurs and bring in Kenny, Dieter and Souness. Or anybody.

surripere wrote: »
    Would there be cheerleaders?

Normally at our home games but they are watching the Irish game

Liam still bitter at France. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Liam still bitter at France. :D

So is a lot of silly irish fans.
    There is a clown in the stadium with "f**k Henry" on his tshirt.
    Embarrassing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

RTE have subbed in Hamann for Giles and Sadlier for Dunphy, good tactical move for the second half of their coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Stephen Alkin on RTE just described Jochim Lowe (sp), the German manager, as one of the most successful managers ever in international football. Pretty bizarre accolade to throw at a man who's won one trophy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Mec27

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Stephen Alkin on RTE just described Jochim Lowe (sp), the German manager, as one of the most successful managers ever in international football. Pretty bizarre accolade to throw at a man who's won one trophy

Well, how many managers have won a world cup?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Mec27 wrote: »
    Well, how many managers have won a world cup?

I'd guess 13 or 14, while there's also those that have won the Euros or Copa America, big achievements too. It just seems a premature accolade to throw at a man who won one trophy with an excellent squad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'd guess 13 or 14, while there's also those that have won the Euros or Copa America, big achievements too. It just seems a premature accolade to throw at a man who won one trophy with an excellent squad

But Germany have been very good since 2006. In the 4 tournaments he managed them, they have been first, second or third. So that is pretty successful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement