Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - The TV Coverage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

How does Ian wright get paid to talk about football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I particularly liked the bit in the post match analysis when he said England's performance was literally unexplainable.

Try Ian, try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Direct Debit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,246 ✭✭✭Esse85

A family of bluffers. SWP stole a living at Chelsea too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,676 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Esse85 wrote: »
    A family of bluffers. SWP stole a living at Chelsea too.

Fortunately that living was stolen from the poor old Russian public before that. So, y'know, swings and roundabouts.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Neil Lennon 'It's all a lottery now'

Just a pity Richie Sadlier isn't in the studio to argue with him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

An ad on TV3 there for Wales v Belgium just described Wales as the Red Devils. They really should employ someone who at least follows football before they finalise these ads, it just comes across like they haven't a clue what they're doing

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

LiamoSail wrote: »
    An ad on TV3 there for Wales v Belgium just described Wales as the Red Devils. They really should employ someone who at least follows football before they finalise these ads, it just comes across like they haven't a clue what they're doing

Heard that all right, shocking. Also calling A.P McCoy, Adrian McCoy. Unreal

LiamoSail wrote: »

Are you sure it wasnt referring to Belgium? Thats their nickname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Why have TV3 decided to put on an "after show" tonight ? Never seen it after any match they've showed so far, seems strange to start it now.

Thought their coverage hasn't been too bad throughout, only thing that's missing is some Brian Kerr:(

Seen him on the group stages, but no sign since!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

No, " The Welsh red devils take on powerhouse Belgium"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

No, definitely Wales. I commented on it in the match thread too

trixiebust wrote: »
    Why have TV3 decided to put on an "after show" tonight ? Never seen it after any match they've showed so far, seems strange to start it now.

Thought their coverage hasn't been too bad throughout, only thing that's missing is some Brian Kerr:(

Seen him on the group stages, but no sign since!

He is on RTE 2 right now. He is a channel slut. Does them all. Newstalk, RTE, Today FM, TV3, Radio 1, anything he can get!

And fair play to him, he gets it! Works almost every day during main soccer season!

That highlights show has been on frequently, Never watched it though

Yea, I actually rewound to check. They definitely called Wales "The Red Devils". Even if you had never heard it before, anyone who watched Ireland v Belguim on TV would have heard it mentioned.

It's not an issue in the grand scheme of things, it just demonstrates their lack of professionalism.

He is on RTE 2 right now. He is a channel slut. Does them all. Newstalk, RTE, Today FM, TV3, Radio 1, anything he can get!

And fair play to him, he gets it! Works almost every day during main soccer season!

That highlights show has been on frequently, Never watched it though

Knew it was on RTE, but have never seen it on TV3 before.

Yeah, actually really like Kerr as a pundit. Often hear him refer to a certain match, that maybe happened a few years previous. But he can tell you goalscorer, and teams weakness / strength on the day.

Probably doesn't get an RTE television gig because of his stint as Ireland manager, and the way it ended!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Knew it was on RTE, but have never seen it on TV3 before.

Yeah, actually really like Kerr as a pundit. Often hear him refer to a certain match, that maybe happened a few years previous. But he can tell you goalscorer, and teams weakness / strength on the day.

Probably doesn't get an RTE television gig because of his stint as Ireland manager, and the way it ended!

Could be. Personally I doubt Kerr would be able to work with the current RTE panel, the senior members that is. Would be fireworks.

Could be. Personally I doubt Kerr would be able to work with the current RTE panel, the senior members that is. Would be fireworks.

I know, pity because he's more knowledgeable than the current "A Team".

Personally getting tired of Dunphy's spoofing. It would be nice to hear some actual insight, instead of a perpetual spoofer, talking sh1t. All just to get a reaction baby:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I love Brian Kerr but can't take him seriously after Apres Match impersonating him said something like the under 9's were playing and Mrs. such and such will be providing great sausage rolls.

Right at the end of the broadcasting the match Tommy Martin was saying to stay tuned for Extra Time after the match and with all those guests "it's sure to be a crap... cracking programme".

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Keith Andrew had a line last night about one of the Polish players looking like he was stuck on the travelator from Gladiators. Best line of the night and a high point for TV3s coverage.

Keith has improved a lot as The Euros have gone on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Did Fetdinand just reference the Hunger Games instead of the Hungary game?

Don't forget that Apres Match highlights show later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Arghus wrote: »

+1 I have also gotten used to/started forgiving the shouting as I think it's because TV3 probably can't afford microphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

In fairness to Keith his enthusiasm cannot be questioned. He got super excited over that second Welsh goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Are the TV3 lads in France or are they in a booth in Dublin?

Trevor was in Belfast last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Are the TV3 lads in France or are they in a booth in Dublin?

Trevor was in Belfast last night.

They're out there alright. Pitch side before the game. Trev is jetting around the place!

A good TV3 statistic there; Belgium, the highest scorers in the tournament on the brink of being knocked out.

Needless to say, Belgium aren't the top scorers

kksaints wrote: »
    In fairness to Keith his enthusiasm cannot be questioned. He got super excited over that second Welsh goal.

Keith was good tonight, disagree with him on several interpretations of fouls, but otherwise I like him and thought his mention of Gary Speed after the whistle was a very nice touch.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,805 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Apres Match doing the highlights on RTE.

That's a good Peter Collins impression.

Looks like Dunphy was spot on about Belgium :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

John Kenny

"Pretending to be in Lille but he is actually upstairs in a cupboard"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Can't stand Apres Match and now have to suffer them covering the highlights of what was a great game that I couldn't watch live

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

Patww79 wrote: »

Yep, sorry watching it on the Sky + so posted my comment when I saw the start of the show. I've actually been enjoying this highlights show in its normal format so I'm still disappointed it is an Apres Match one but no now longer angry :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Arghus wrote: »

Another great line, for the turn before the Robson Kanu goal. "A brilliant Belgian waffle there from Robson Kanu".

Enjoying his commentary a lot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is this tournament Keith Andrews first as a commentator?

Giggsy on ITV there.

"So, Ryan. You were about as good as it gets at football for a while. Bit like Bale. D'you think if you had fewer imaginary injuries Wales might not have had to wait this long for a big tournament?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^

was that really said?

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^

was that really said?

No, not at all.

Just having a cheap dig, is all.

• Advertisement

i hope they have an all welsh line up for the semi's

Saunders, Hughes, Rush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Giggsy on ITV there.

"So, Ryan. You were about as good as it gets at football for a while. Bit like Bale. D'you think if you had fewer imaginary injuries Wales might not have had to wait this long for a big tournament?"

It's such a pity it wasn't asked.

Giggs never bothered his arse for Wales esp in the later years

Another great line, for the turn before the Robson Kanu goal. "A brilliant Belgian waffle there from Robson Kanu".

Enjoying his commentary a lot.

Ferdinand's quip wasn't quite in the same class but wasn't too bad either: "He's sent the 3 Belgian defenders out of the stadium without their tickets to get back in."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Is this tournament Keith Andrews first as a commentator?

He's been a regular on newstalk premiership matches for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Andrews is quite entertaining but I dislike how he exaggerates things by using superflous words to describe things. I understand commentators are there to commentate and add a bit to it as well but any kind of decent shot he describes as 'fantastic' etc. I like him though, he's a bit more natural and raw than some of the media trained sounding guys that do commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

fryup wrote: »
    Giggs never bothered his arse for Wales esp in the later years

He averaged 4 games per year across his international career when 8 or so games per year is probably what most first choice players should be averaging.

His international career kind of reduces Giggs greatness as numerous top quality players have been stuck with mediocre countries but elevated their countries with their performances like Bale is doing now.

Bales 26 and he's only a few caps behind Giggs now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

After all this time Dunphy still can't pronounce Juventus.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

After all this time Dunphy still can't pronounce Juventus.

A bit like Brian Kerr and Valencia

Valentia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭jam83

Italy get 3 yellows in 3 minutes. Jim beglin: "I think there's a hint Italy may be starting to lose their discipline a little bit".
    Really Jim??
    Does the bleeding obvious have to be stated by co-commentators, just to say something?
    I find beglin ridiculously boring. Brings nothing at all to the table

Advertisement