Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 - The TV Coverage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

The way Duffer talks is like he's cynical of anything someone else says. Like a younger Houghton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Damien Duff has been great so far.

I miss Kenny Cunningham's eyebrows, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Damien Duff has been great so far.

I miss Kenny Cunningham's eyebrows, though.

He should be on the highlights show later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

TV3 lads sitting behind a wedge of cheese.

Keith Andrews is a good laugh

"CAN STERLING NOT GET THERE"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

French manager made big decisions last night taking off matuidi,Pogba and veratti. Take a bow Keith Andrews

eh i dunno wrote: »
    French manager made big decisions last night taking off matuidi,Pogba and veratti. Take a bow Keith Andrews

Whats Dier doing standing over the free kicks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I just compared ITV SD with TV3 on saorview - ITV still looks like HD! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

eh i dunno wrote: »

I thought I heard him say that alright :pac:

In fairness he does seem like a nice genuine lad any time i have seen him interviewed or when he is on TV doing this sort of work. Just seems to be trying a little too hard or something. Almost like he realizes what a dull set up TV3 is and he is trying to overcompensate for the overall ****tyness of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Kenny is back.

The caterpillar eyebrows will be well warmed up at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭caviardreams

"Daily" Alli :)

Kenny is the king of the touch screen :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

This Aidan Power guy is like a rabbit in the headlights. Hasn't a scoobie doo what Kenny is on about but is nodding away anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kenny is the king of the touch screen :D

Noted Flappy Bird fan is Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »

Ron Manager is on tomorrow

It's thanks to the wonders of HD that I can fully appreciate how much Kenny resembles an Easter Island Statue.

Kenny obviously hates to beaten by anyone at anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

TV3 has the worst HD picture. Don't think it really is HD tbh.

its not HD the skinflints won't upgrade to it

fryup wrote: »
    its not HD the skinflints won't upgrade to it

With Sky you have to take Sky Box sets and the full HD package to get TV3 HD

An extra 15 a month

Sad carry on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Thought souness Lennon and the tv3 presenter were really good last night. Not afraid to hold back. Duff has been brilliant on RTE too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I found the TV3 coverage of england incredibly harsh. They played well for once, were much the better team and got sucker punched at the end with russia scoring an undeserved equalizer. From the way the TV3 panel went on about it, you would think they were rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Brendan Filone

Meanwhile in Italy....

CkVrXTeXEAA1NKe.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Strumms wrote: »
    I thought I heard him say that alright :pac:

In fairness he does seem like a nice genuine lad any time i have seen him interviewed or when he is on TV doing this sort of work. Just seems to be trying a little too hard or something. Almost like he realizes what a dull set up TV3 is and he is trying to overcompensate for the overall ****tyness of it.

The textbook approach to commentary is to say little, and let the pictures do the talking. If you are the second 'colour' commentator then you certainly should only be heard from time to time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭Jack Killian

With Sky you have to take Sky Box sets and the full HD package to get TV3 HD

An extra 15 a month

Sad carry on

Yeah but that's only 720 for most "HD" channels.

They have very few 1080 channels, and the difference is blatantly obvious on Saorview.

They should call it "Sky HD-Ready"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Paul Mcshane a pundit for tv3 haha

ricero wrote: »
    Paul Mcshane a pundit for tv3 haha

Cant do no harm there anyway :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

McShane comes across as a nice chap. Not too sure about Emma though, her analysis is a bit vague

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Peist2007 wrote: »
    McShane comes across as a nice chap. Not too sure about Emma though, her analysis is a bit vague

Had high hopes for her, she seems to know a little more about Turkey but I got the feeling she didn't really do any preparation or research about Croatia at all :o

Had high hopes for her, she seems to know a little more about Turkey but I got the feeling she didn't really do any preparation or research about Croatia at all :o

True and her views on Turkey "they have some great up and coming players" - they're showing their team on the screen now Emma, which players?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'd have to agree with McShanes 10-10 draw prediction.

True and her views on Turkey "they have some great up and coming players" - they're showing their team on the screen now Emma, which players?

But, first day out so she may well grow into the role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

She was able to name the Turkish set piece taker but that seemed to be about it :(

This panel is awful really. I should have gone to pick a few weeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Duff was excellent yesterday. Hope we get more of him on RTE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Patww79 wrote: »
    Did TV3 hire Tyler for this or are they using another feed?

It's the UEFA generic feed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Serious lack of coverage of female beauties in the crowd. PC feminist bull****e or just ugly fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Serious lack of coverage of female beauties in the crowd. PC feminist bull****e or just ugly fans?

Was a couple of nice, attractive women in view during the opener. Not stereotypically stunning, more alluring.
    Chances are they were just captured on camera, and there's been a bit of a backlash - especially seeing as how the camera spent more time on the crowd in the last World Cup than at the pitch.

Football's been good so far thankfully.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Billic has been my favourite analyst so far of the tournament.

The guy seriously researches his stuff and gives some good insight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

McDermotX wrote: »
    Was a couple of nice, attractive women in view during the opener. Not stereotypically stunning, more alluring.
    Chances are they were just captured on camera, and there's been a bit of a backlash - especially seeing as how the camera spent more time on the crowd in the last World Cup than at the pitch.

Football's been good so far thankfully.

They did seem to overdo it at the wc. Im just taking the piss with pc line of course, but I enjoy seeing some of the costumes the fan don in these tournaments.
    Good football is the main thing though.

Jesus can TV3 not find anybody better then Emma Byrne and Paul Mc Shane as pundits ? I mean seriously there must be so many pro footballers ex and current with a bit more media experience and pedigree within the game who would actually give some insight rather than stutter and stumble and state the bleeding obvious.... I dunno maybe they pay ****e and that's all they could get ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Hadn't seen Neil Lennon in a while.
    He's really piled it on.

TV3 had Martin Tyler and Alan Smith doing commentary for the Croatia game

Whats the story there? did TV3 get the footage off another TV channel

TV3 had Martin Tyler and Alan Smith doing commentary for the Croatia game

Whats the story there? did TV3 get the footage off another TV channel

Somone else said it was a generic Uefa feed..they used...

Somone else said it was a generic Uefa feed..they used...

Same thing they had for the rugby last year in a few games,used an IRB feed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Jesus can TV3 not find anybody better then Emma Byrne and Paul Mc Shane as pundits ? I mean seriously there must be so many pro footballers ex and current with a bit more media experience and pedigree within the game who would actually give some insight rather than stutter and stumble and state the bleeding obvious.... I dunno maybe they pay ****e and that's all they could get ?

I'd love to see one of the stations move away from current/ex-footballers. There's a vast amount of people on the internet who understand and talk football every day who release articles and do analysis who could give us a far more technical insight in to the game. You don't necessarily have to have played the game to understand and talk about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I don't think the BBC panel know any Polish players outside of Lewandowski I don't think they have mentioned one other player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

TV3 coverage was dire. They should be embarrassed at how bad the studio analysis was.

Yeah but that's only 720 for most "HD" channels.

They have very few 1080 channels, and the difference is blatantly obvious on Saorview.

They should call it "Sky HD-Ready"

There are no television channels on any platform, satellite/UPC or Saorview that are broadcast in 1080p (ie full hd) , they are all broadcast in 1080i which is the exact same as 720p, i.e hd ready ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

There are no television channels on any platform, satellite/UPC or Saorview that are broadcast in 1080p (ie full hd) , they are all broadcast in 1080i which is the exact same as 720p, i.e hd ready ;)

This isn't true. Who told you this?

1080i is not the exact same as 720p.

• Advertisement
Advertisement