Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony S3 smart watch List of approved bluetooth (R) headsets

Options
  • 24-05-2016 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

Hope someone can help me.

I just purchased the Sony S3 smart watch with the hope of using the "Play on Wear" function to play music that I have saved locally on my s3 smartwatch device via a wireless Bluetooth headset.

The main reason I purchased the smart watch was to be able to listen to music while I run connect smart watch to Bluetooth headset and listen to music on the go. No smart phone required.

So I setup the smart watch and synced my music - all good. The device is setup and synced to my Android smart phone - happy days.

The Bluetooth head set can connect to my android phone and play music and make a phone all via my Android smartphone, no problem.

The issue is on the S3 smartswatch I go to
    >play music>Play on Wear>it say no audio devices connected - Go to settings?
    So I choose yes (the green correct mark) go to settings>"scanning for nearby devices" - the smartwatch fails to find the audio device (my blue tooth headset)

So I do a bit of googling and find that Sony s3 smart watch requires a bluetooth (R) receiver headset in order to connect the audio device (bluetooth (R) headset) to the S3 smart watch.

Can somebody recommend to me a blue tooth (R) headset that they know works with the S3 smartwatch.

I am looking for sports design - I have a pair of skull candy SB2 (something that is similar to that model that is not super expensive and that works with the S3.

I gave a bit of history to issue encase some body else comes across same issue.

I was unable to include the full http link "support.sonymobile.com/global-en/swr50/userguide/Music/" - as I am a new user on IB.

Thanks in advance,

EAC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Have you put the SB2s into pairing mode? Bluetooth is a set of standards and incompatibility is very rare. Newer devices support BTLE(low energy) but they're backwards compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eagleeyecherry

ED E wrote: »
    Have you put the SB2s into pairing mode? Bluetooth is a set of standards and incompatibility is very rare. Newer devices support BTLE(low energy) but they're backwards compatible.

If I could kiss ya...😊 that was it! Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Sorry to hijack but can it store much music ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 eagleeyecherry

Sorry to hijack but can it store much music ?

Hi Claude,

4GB storage enough to get you through a good gym session and the qualify is very good. The skull candy ear phones are good quality.
    The Sony S4 smartwatch is due out soon..

Eac

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The skull candy ear phones are good quality.

You've probably not got the most discerning ear...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

Advertisement