Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supercars & stuntbike in Limerick on May 29th ,anyone going ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Heading away this weekend, wish I had known about this few weeks back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I'd rather scratch my eyes out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

is this the..."girl in a tank" crowd ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Mate of mine is involved in organizing it,so I'm kinda roped it. Believe they give any profits to charity or a worthy cause. Worse ways to spend a fiver or a Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭airnwater

orm0nd wrote: »
    Mate of mine is involved in organizing it,so I'm kinda roped it. Believe they give any profits to charity or a worthy cause. Worse ways to spend a fiver or a Sunday.

This show has been held annually since 1992 & is organised by the Limerick Classic & Vintage car club. A lot of volunteer effort goes into it & yes ,profits do go to charity ,local ones this year :)
    Can be an enjoyable & inexpensive family day out !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

testicles wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Never were & never will be :)

There will be several supercars present as a show highlight , a few Ferraris eg 250 swb , Testarossa also classic Lamborghinis , Maseratis ,Porsche Carreras etc

As 2016 is the first time the iconic Mustang is available in RHD from Ford dealers in Ireland ,it is hoped to have quite a few older Mustangs in attendance alongside a new one to celebrate this.

Many people have memories of the humble Morris Minor & enjoy seeing a well preserved example still motoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Here's hoping for a good turn-out tomorrow. The forecast seems good for the morning and early afternoon.
    Just sold my two Mini's, so will try and get my MX5 running.....otherwise it's just bring the dog and have a look around.
    BTW we were part of the Autotest Display at the last (ever) Festival of Speed at the Racecourse and shared the Display area with Mattie Griffin. Apart from being a brilliant Stunt Rider he was one of the nicest guys you could meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭ptyloch

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Here's hoping for a good turn-out tomorrow. The forecast seems good for the morning and early afternoon.
    Just sold my two Mini's, so will try and get my MX5 running.....otherwise it's just bring the dog and have a look around.
    BTW we were part of the Autotest Display at the last (ever) Festival of Speed at the Racecourse and shared the Display area with Mattie Griffin. Apart from being a brilliant Stunt Rider he was one of the nicest guys you could meet.

That was a great show that ye put on over the 2 days, between yourselves and Mattie I must have taken about 2 thousand pictures that day :-)
    It was a really good weekend, pity it hasn't been repeated since.
    Ahhhh the memories....
    Which car were you driving?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

A starlet, and my son was out (his 1st year autotesting) in a Seicento.

• Advertisement

Well how was it? Was on call today and had to head to Cork. Some beautiful machines passed me on their way to Patrickswell. Was half tempted to do a U-Turn and phone in sick...especially with the weather we had today. Hope ye enjoyed it. Raging I couldn't make it back in time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Well how was it? Was on call today and had to head to Cork. Some beautiful machines passed me on their way to Patrickswell. Was half tempted to do a U-Turn and phone in sick...especially with the weather we had today. Hope ye enjoyed it. Raging I couldn't make it back in time.

I really enjoyed it, eventhough normally it wouldn't be my scene, great atmosphere , every body very relaxed & willing to chat. Mattie Griffin great showman & good sport

some very good stalls and got a few bits and pieces not readily available & at good prices again the stall holders were helpful & not pushing sales,

well done to all concerned

orm0nd wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it, eventhough normally it wouldn't be my scene, great atmosphere , every body very relaxed & willing to chat. Mattie Griffin great showman & good sport

some very good stalls and got a few bits and pieces not readily available & at good prices again the stall holders were helpful & not pushing sales,

well done to all concerned

Glad you enjoyed it. Any pics?

Thanks to everyone who supported the show & the brilliant weather ,it was a great show !

Some nice photos here ;

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?19927-24th-Limerick-Classic-Car-Show-2016-Photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

From. Friend on Facebook lukasz

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BqFXDKexfoQ

Great video ,captures the atmosphere nicely :)

Advertisement