Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan friendly restaurants/cafés/bakeries in Portreath Cornwall

Options
  • 25-05-2016 3:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I am travelling to Cornwall in June for a short holiday, and I was advised by a former college classmate not to leave without trying a Cornish pasty and a Cornish cream tea. However I have recently tried to make the switch from a vegetarian to vegan diet, so that excludes both these options. I emailed the Portreath bakery asking if the vegetable pasty on the product list is vegan friendly, but no response as yet.

I'm also hoping to get recommendations for restaurants and cafés in or near Portreath as I would like not to have to spend the whole holiday self catering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

Did you check Happycow?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Alpha&Omega

embraer170 wrote: »
    Did you check Happycow?

I just discovered the happy cow the other day. It seems from that site that Portreath where we're staying is just too small a village to cater for veggie/vegan options. It looks like any eating out will involve travelling a bit to places like Falmouth, St Ives, Penzance and Truro, bigger towns with more options and better facilities. Other than that I'll just have to cook my own.

Advertisement