Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2017 Babies Club

• 25-05-2016 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

I am very tentatively setting this thread up. Just four weeks along and got my BFP last week. Was supposed to be starting fertility treatment but it just happened naturally . So I am very very scared and hope my wee poppy seed is okay in there and nothing will go wrong. Making this thread is a bit of optimism for me I suppose!

Due date is Feb 1.. . Am heading to the doctor in a few days to get things rolling!

Feeling grand, feel a bit bloated in my lower tummy and get very quick sharp little pains all over my tummy from time to time but that is it! Would love to hear about other people at the same stage as me! I am hoping it will calm me down a bit!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭ali_d

Hi Greenttc, I've gotten an estimated due date of 31/01/2017 but I'll join you here as we're both at the same stage and hey, it's only a day between us!!! It could change at our dating scans anyway.
    I've scans booked in at the fertility clinic for wk 6 & wk 8 and doctor is booked for Monday morning.

If this cycle had failed, we would have been headed for IVF. I had my mind prepared for it so it was a bit of a surprise to see the test show up as pregnant. I almost feel like it's all a dream!

I have similar symptoms to you. Feel a bit bloated but the pains are more consistent. When I say pains, it's more a niggling/uncomfortable feeling than like stabbing pains. My boobs are full. Not sleeping properly but putting that down to excitement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Aw yay! Congratulations girls! I'm in the January group and am excited to see a February group arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Wow you sound like I could have written your post Ali!.I decided to not go with the clinic for my early scan as it was going to cost alot compared to just organising it myself and that clinic has gotten plenty of money from me already!!! Going to see doc on Friday! It is all so amazing that it happened, I am with you on the feeling like it's a dream! I hope it isn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭tangobelle2010

Can I join this thread too? Had a positive test today and look to be due (all going well) on 2nd feb. We're very excited.

Congratulations Tango!!! Great news! Delighted to have more people in the february group. Hiw are you feeling?

• Advertisement

Thanks green! I'm feeling good so far but it's only early days. Suffered badly with morning sickness last pregnancy until 16 weeks so really hoping that doesn't happen this time. How are you feeling?

Congratulations Tango!!
    Hopefully the morning sickness will stay away this time around for you.

I'm finding it very difficult not to blurt out 'I'm pregnant' to everyone I meet....I hope that passes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭AlteredStates

Congrats Ladies! <3

Ha me too...I'll probably blurt it out by end of weekend to someone. Is this your first pregnancies ladies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

ali_d wrote: »
    Congratulations Tango!!
    Hopefully the morning sickness will stay away this time around for you.

I'm finding it very difficult not to blurt out 'I'm pregnant' to everyone I meet....I hope that passes!!!

It doesn't. Still finding it hard to keep quiet at 9 weeks.

• Advertisement

Yep this is my first. Which is probably part if the reason why I am so scared it is going to go wrong! Booked a 7 week scan and my first appointment in holles Street.. I feel like if I have them booked and am organised the baby will have to be there and can't back out!

Still feel much the same although I think the cramping and bloating is a little less. I almost want a little bit of nausea, which sounds weird, but it might feel more real to me then! I know I will regret that!

This sun has to do simple good eh?? Bit of natural vitamin d!?

The nausea started for me in earnest around week six so you might get it yet. I have good days and bad days.

The cramping and bloating is easing with me as well. I can't say I'll miss it!
    And yeah, first pregnancy for me too.
    I'm really looking forward to having a bump and feeling movement. That must be wonderful to experience.

Have to admit something.... I may or may not have done a bit of browsing on asos maternity this morning and purchased a few things.....!!!!!! Ah! Feel a bit stupid but excited!

6 weeks for the puking kantava.... I will aim for that so! I am almost five weeks now. Cramping really was not as bad today just had a few short moments of it.

Kantava and Ali, you guys were originally going down the assisted route like me... Are either of you taking progesterone? I asked for it even though they said it wasn't entirely necessary when I conceived naturally but I am finding it a bit......gross is the only word for it! Am going to persevere though!

Im on the progesterone too and I hate it. I wish I wasnt on it. I guess its just a few more weeks. Havent let husband near me since I started on it... its too gross.

What does progesterone do to you?

Kantava wrote: »
    Im on the progesterone too and I hate it. I wish I wasnt on it. I guess its just a few more weeks. Havent let husband near me since I started on it... its too gross.

I have kind of inflicted it on myself really and kind of regretting it but if it helps keep things safe I will just keep going. I have to take blood thinning injections too and actually rather them to the progesterone. There is just no easy way to get the build up out is there.ugh!

Yep husband isn't allowed near me and am not looking forward to the possibility that the 7 week scan may be internal, the technician will think I am diseased!!!

Catriona, progesterone is usually given to women who have assisted conception as they may not produce enough themselves, the progesterone important for the lining of the womb and stuff and is essential for the first twelve weeks until the placenta has fully formed. I had read that it halves the risk of miscarriage so requested it from my fertility clinic despite conceiving naturally. It doesn't do any harm other than how yukky it is to use!

Is it like a pessary?

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Is it like a pessary?

Yep, slim applicator to apply the gel as far up as possible. It's not routinely given out here though, and medics are on the fence as to whether or not it helps much.

Had my booking in appointment with my doctor this morning. I could have stayed all day chatting to her! It's made it all very real now!

There has been no mention of progesterone for me. My lining has always been great so if they had a concern, i would be on it.

And Green, I had a little giggle at you buying maternity clothes! Good for you I say!! Focus on being positive. We all know the bad that can happen. No point dwelling on it. We just have to be the best incubators for our little bean and be happy. We deserve this happy time. We've had enough stress :)

Now, to get back to planning my nursery......

• Advertisement

sorry Ali Only ready your reply now!

yeah the doctors visit was good, definintely made it feel a bit more real. I am counting down the days to my seven week scan which is in another two weeks, the days are so slow!!! I think that when I hear a heartbeat that will put me at ease and make me really realise that this is happening!

for the past two days I have had zero symptoms which has really scared me, I want the cramps to come back, at least I knew there was something happening! I even did another test today to make sure I was still pregnant which I know was a bit stupid! the line was clearerer than when I frst saw a line last week so that assured me a small bit. I am a paranoid wreck!

In other news, my maternity clothes Haul arrived! loved all the bits I got but they are so big! I ordered a size up (dont ask me why!) and they are defo a bit big but saying that they are comfy! also two of the things were dresses and the hem in the front is far longer than the hem in the back so I think I will have to wait for a proper bump to help with matching my hems up! so my tip is, order in your own size! it is fierce exciting when they arrive though!!!

The wait for that first scan really drags!

Kantava wrote: »
    The wait for that first scan really drags!

Tell me about it!!!!! Have you had yours kantava? If so what week?

I must say, I'm looking forward to getting maternity clothes! Especially the winter clothes.

I've pretty much no symptoms this week except waking during the night to pee which isn't too bad. What I find reassuring is the pregnancy apps. I have Ovia pregnancy tracker and What to Expect apps on my phone and it tells you every day what is happening in your body. It's great to know that even though I mightn't feel anything, there's still magic going on in there!!

I ordered the What to Expect When You're Expecting book from ebay at lunchtime. Some light reading for me! I have also started to research travel systems which I now regret as I'm more confused than ever...think I will leave that off until I am 20 weeks or so....but it's good to get an idea of prices so we can start budgeting for what we'll need.

Reassuring that you dont have any symptoms either ali!

Yeah i have the ovia app too, i downloaded three different ones and like that the best so deleted the other two. Today my baby is growing ears supposedly!! I love seeing what it says every day!

Oh travel systems! Now that is advanced! Suppose it would make sense to get a different thing every month or two in the lead up to due date, spread the cost out a bit! Must start thinking about that!

Was the book expensive, must have a look on book depository. I looked at a few in easons but couldnt justify the 40/50 euro price tag!!!

Have you booked and early scan ali? How about anyone else?

Mine will be at 7 weeks so i hope baby will have grown enough to hear a heartbeat then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Just a quick tentative Hi. Due very end of Jan/Feb according to dates. Going to book with doc tomorrow hopefully. This will be number two all going well. Felt awful today nauseous from morning till lunch, was hiding out in loo at work!

Congratulations polydactyl!!! So are you almost six weeks now then.? Very exciting, even if you do have to hide in toilets being pukey!!

Five and a half now I think but had just come off the pill so not sure how accurate it will be. Will know more after first scan hopefully. Yep feeling fairly yuck. Not as bad as my poor sis who vomited up to 8 times a day every day of her pregnancy until labour :(

greenttc wrote:

Oh travel systems! Now that is advanced! Suppose it would make sense to get a different thing every month or two in the lead up to due date, spread the cost out a bit! Must start thinking about that!

Was the book expensive, must have a look on book depository. I looked at a few in easons but couldnt justify the 40/50 euro price tag!!!

Have you booked and early scan ali? How about anyone else?

Pricing the baby stuff is more to do with how much we can now spend on our house!! We put all spending on hold since we moved in last year so we can have a baby. We have just about enough furniture to get by. I am really looking forward to having a wardrobe!!

the book was only 10.00 including postage on ebay! Got lucky with that price!!

I have 2 scans coming up with the fertility clinic. Part of the follow on care for IUI successes. One on Tuesday which I'll be 6 weeks for and another at 8 weeks. After that, it'll be over to the public system (CUMH). I'll also go to a private clinic for anomoly scan at 20-24 weeks for peace of mind. It's not done as standard anymore in the hospital.

Congratulations and welcome polydactyl!!!! Hopefully the nausea will subside soon and that you won't be like your sister!!! That must have been awful for her.

• Advertisement

I was not too bad last time so hopefully it will be the same this time. Rang Coombe to book in today, makes it all more real. Starving all the time at the momeny

Advertisement