Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

fits wrote: »
    Im afraid to watch it!

I just watch it and think that if all these ladies can do it so can I! The only thing I get worried about is how irritable I am likely to be with my poor husband during it all! I suppose that is allowed though!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

greenttc wrote: »
    I just watch it and think that if all these ladies can do it so can I! The only thing I get worried about is how irritable I am likely to be with my poor husband during it all! I suppose that is allowed though!

Labour ward is like Vegas. What gets said there, stays there. He's never allowed to ever mention it outside the four walls. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

One of the ones last night that i watched had complications - the baby had shoulder dystochia and got stuck - his head was out but the body wouldn't follow. They were literally yanking him out of the mother by brute force with their bare hands, and she was being pulled and dragged at over the place. It looked horrific and scared me! Like something out of a horror film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

One of the ones last night that i watched had complications - the baby had shoulder dystochia and got stuck - his head was out but the body wouldn't follow. They were literally yanking him out of the mother by brute force with their bare hands, and she was being pulled and dragged at over the place. It looked horrific and scared me! Like something out of a horror film.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: I don't think I'l watch that one

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

I watched that one a couple of years ago and it still haunts me! All that said, I've been reliably informed that that programme dramatises the whole experience so much, so I'll let myself believe that those things happen so rarely....

When I was in for my booking scan, the midwife told me that when I come to the ward in labour, I'm "not to bring half my family in, like they do on the telly" :pac:
    The very last thing I'd want in the labour ward is my mother and my sisters in law gawping at my bits!! :eek:

• Advertisement

I'm with beanybabog, will be staying well from that episode! Sounds horrific! What have we got ourselves into at all!?

I have my 20 week scan this week! Exciting!

s4uv3 wrote: »
    I watched that one a couple of years ago and it still haunts me! All that said, I've been reliably informed that that programme dramatises the whole experience so much, so I'll let myself believe that those things happen so rarely....

When I was in for my booking scan, the midwife told me that when I come to the ward in labour, I'm "not to bring half my family in, like they do on the telly" :pac:
    The very last thing I'd want in the labour ward is my mother and my sisters in law gawping at my bits!! :eek:

Oh God no, I wouldn't want anyone near me, imagine them all sitting around looking at you and trying to be encouraging, I would scream at them all! I will be bad enough with just my husband there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Oh God, I couldn't imagine bringing an entourage in with me. We'll tell our parents when I go in but not spread the word til baby is here.

Love One Born but there's some episodes I just couldn't watch now but others give me great hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Padme

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I feel your pain! Random strangers have asked me am I sure it's not twins :(

I get that all the time, people need to think before opening their mouths!

My bump is very sore tonight, I think baby is having a growth spurt, my skin feels so stretched. Loads of cream needed tonight!

I'm getting kicks in all sorts of places, sometimes really low down, others around or over my belly button, so they must be growing ok. I've my week 21 scan next week, eeeek! I had a talk with my manager this week, and he's agreed that I can work from home one day a week from now on, my back is killing me.

I watched one born last time I was pregnant. I learned my lesson, not watching it this time!!!

I got a sling last week as I'm planning to baby wear this time. I'm hoping it'll help with breastfeeding which was a disaster last time.

Anyone going to the pregnancy and baby fair? If you register with www.smamums.ie, you can get a free ticket.

20 weeks today :D
    Feeling very chuffed and proud of myself for hitting this milestone! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

s4uv3 wrote: »
    20 weeks today :D
    Feeling very chuffed and proud of myself for hitting this milestone! :pac:

Your pregnancy is going faster than mine!!

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Your pregnancy is going faster than mine!!

Still a lot to go :pac:
    Who knows, I might catch up to you yet!!

So I had my 20 week scan which was actually at 21 weeks. It was sooooo good, it is amazing looking at this little person on the screen in great detail and thinking about how they are inside your tummy!

Everything was grand, all organs intact and operating and heart looked good. Hearing the heartbeat again and just seeing it beat was also incredible.

I got a feeling of wonder wash over me, there are three people in a room intently staring at the movements of this little person inside me and that little person just has no idea there are people watching him/her and getting all excited about seeing them. So surreal!

Thankfully I have also started to feel lots of gentle movement now too which feels so weird but so comforting.

On the other hand I feel a good bit if cramping too in my lower tummy, it is so bad that it is sore to stand on one leg putting on socks and trousers etc it feels like muscular pain really. Only for being able to feel the baby I would be a bit worried. Anyone else feel like this??

So I had my 20 week scan which was actually at 21 weeks. It was sooooo good, it is amazing looking at this little person on the screen in great detail and thinking about how they are inside your tummy!

Everything was grand, all organs intact and operating and heart looked good. Hearing the heartbeat again and just seeing it beat was also incredible.

I got a feeling of wonder wash over me, there are three people in a room intently staring at the movements of this little person inside me and that little person just has no idea there are people watching him/her and getting all excited about seeing them. So surreal!

Thankfully I have also started to feel lots of gentle movement now too which feels so weird but so comforting.

On the other hand I feel a good bit if cramping too in my lower tummy, it is so bad that it is sore to stand on one leg putting on socks and trousers etc it feels like muscular pain really. Only for being able to feel the baby I would be a bit worried. Anyone else feel like this??

I've mine on Monday, nervous and excited!

Those pains are round ligament pain. I'm getting a lot of it again too, around the bottom and sides of the bump. I think baby is having another growth spurt around now so everything is stretching. So sore at times :(

Two people today (before 8am) went on and on about how big I am. One insists I'm so big it has to be twins. Why do people think they have the right to comment on your size just because you're pregnant? I'm off to have a scone now.

Yes it must be that round ligament pain. I thought I had that earlier on but this is much worse! My skin doesn't feel tight like yours though l think it is cause it had probably been pre stretched by fat beforehand!!!

I havent had many comments reallyaybe because I work with more men than.women but I feel myself that I am gigantic! There is one person in work who is a good friend, between annual leaves we haven't seen each other in almost a month so I am expecting lots of comments from her on Monday when we see each other, she isn't known to hold back!!

Good luck on Monday, the fear going in is unreal, you are so worried there will be something wrong but the actual scan is unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Padme wrote: »
    Two people today (before 8am) went on and on about how big I am. One insists I'm so big it has to be twins. Why do people think they have the right to comment on your size just because you're pregnant?

This and the very popular "was it planned" drives me up the walls! In the last week, three people have asked me "was it planned?" Wasn't aware my family planning was supposed to be public knowledge! :confused:

CheerLouth wrote: »
    This and the very popular "was it planned" drives me up the walls! In the last week, three people have asked me "was it planned?" Wasn't aware my family planning was supposed to be public knowledge! :confused:

Omfg, I can't believe anyone would actually say that, that's so rude! What did you say?

Yes it must be that round ligament pain. I thought I had that earlier on but this is much worse! My skin doesn't feel tight like yours though l think it is cause it had probably been pre stretched by fat beforehand!!!

I havent had many comments reallyaybe because I work with more men than.women but I feel myself that I am gigantic! There is one person in work who is a good friend, between annual leaves we haven't seen each other in almost a month so I am expecting lots of comments from her on Monday when we see each other, she isn't known to hold back!!

Good luck on Monday, the fear going in is unreal, you are so worried there will be something wrong but the actual scan is unbelievable!

I think I can attach pictures now, so I'll put up my latest bump pic on Sat morning, I'll be 21 weeks then.

I loved the 20 week scan last time, the ones I've had so far have been so quick. I'm a bit worried because I had a temp when I was six weeks, so I'm praying that didn't cause any problems.

I'm trying to remember to put cream on the bump every night now, that helps with the tight feeling.

Omfg, I can't believe anyone would actually say that, that's so rude! What did you say?

I posted this in another thread bur my best one yet was "how long were ye trying?"

I posted this in another thread bur my best one yet was "how long were ye trying?"

Mine was "is there a father around?" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

The first one was a friend so I told him "even my mother wouldn't ask me that" and he said "take it as a no then" :eek:

The other two were complete strangers so I just kind of looked at them like why do you care?

OMG, that is even worse!
    Neyite wrote: »
    Mine was "is there a father around?" :D

Did you thump them? They'd deserve it for that comment. If there is or there isn't, it's no one's bloody business!!!!!

Good God, what is wrong with people and their questions! I am lucky at not having had any of that but am totally shocked by what I just read! The only one who asked me questions of a similar nature was one friend but I know that she is asking because if her own fertility problems and in cases like that I think it is good to talk and be open, it will help her a bit and I would have wondered about others when struggling myself.

If i get a question like that from anyone else they will be getting some very sharp responses from me!!!

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Did you thump them? They'd deserve it for that comment. If there is or there isn't, it's no one's bloody business!!!!!

I just laughed and pointed to my partner of 9 years -it was at a family wedding so thumping someone would have been uncouth and incurred the wrath of the bride :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Oh yeah... I had someone aske were we trying long. :eek::(
    I mean what do you say........

dreamstar wrote: »
    Oh yeah... I had someone aske were we trying long. :eek::(
    I mean what do you say........

''Twice a night for a while now. How's yer own sex life doing?''

:D

I am up googling uti's because I had one of those thoughts that you have while lying in bed trying to sleep. This pain I have been having in the same spot, very low down in my tummy, how much ligament stretching is needed there? And surely baby has moved up out of that region now. Could it maybe be a uti? I have never had one before but it feels like where my bladder should be. Its just really bothering me tonight. I don't really have any other symptom though.

Will be heading to gp on Monday anyway to get the flu jab so will ask then. Not sure how it is diagnosed though....

Just bring a urine sample with you, green :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

greenttc wrote:
    Will be heading to gp on Monday anyway to get the flu jab so will ask then. Not sure how it is diagnosed though....

Utis are very easily picked up through a urine test. They'll dip it on Monday and tell you straight away. They can give you antibiotics that are safe to take so don't worry - it's easily fixed. Just annoying.
    In the mean time drink plenty of water and cranberry juice!

dreamstar wrote: »
    Utis are very easily picked up through a urine test. They'll dip it on Monday and tell you straight away. They can give you antibiotics that are safe to take so don't worry - it's easily fixed. Just annoying.
    In the mean time drink plenty of water and cranberry juice!

Thanks all, probably way over thinking it to be honest but good to know that they can pick it up in urine test instead of just going on my description. It probably is just this round ligament pain but it just seems like I should be past having pain that low down! All will be revealed on Monday!

• Advertisement

Thanks all, probably way over thinking it to be honest but good to know that they can pick it up in urine test instead of just going on my description. It probably is just this round ligament pain but it just seems like I should be past having pain that low down! All will be revealed on Monday!

I'm still having pains down at the bottom of the bump and I'm 21 weeks today.

Advertisement