Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Best to get these things checked greenttc. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Anybody else having batshït crazy dreams? I've had mad ones all along, but they're getting madder and madder as time goes on!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

s4uv3 wrote: »
    Anybody else having batshït crazy dreams? I've had mad ones all along, but they're getting madder and madder as time goes on!

I did on my pregnancy. Normally my dreams are boring, but I was having zombie v vampire apocalypse dreams worthy of Hollywood. My funniest was being at the Oscars and Brad Pitt was at the table and wanting to go on a session. He was like "you're Irish- c'mon on the lash with me, ye are all mad" and I was trying to tell him that I wasnt drinking because of the HUGE belly visible from space and he was having none of it. :D

Also had them while breastfeeding. I woke up laughing at some of those!

Neyite wrote: »
    I did on my pregnancy. Normally my dreams are boring, but I was having zombie v vampire apocalypse dreams worthy of Hollywood. My funniest was being at the Oscars and Brad Pitt was at the table and wanting to go on a session. He was like "you're Irish- c'mon on the lash with me, ye are all mad" and I was trying to tell him that I wasnt drinking because of the HUGE belly visible from space and he was having none of it. :D

Also had them while breastfeeding. I woke up laughing at some of those!

Class :D
    Last night was "Liffey Bears" that swam over here all the way from the Liffey :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

s4uv3 wrote:

Yes! Some really crazy ones. It's so weird actually remembering dreams now. I used always wake up knowing I had dreamed but not remembering what of but now I remember them, even the not so crazy ones!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

My mystery pain is no longer a mystery.... I talked to a friend yesterday and told her of my pain and she said that she had exactly that same pain and it was pelvic girdle pain, she ended up on crutches!

So off I went to the GP got my flu shot ( not a bother, no pain in the arm today or anything) and then I told her about this stretchy pain in the very bottom of my tummy, told her my concerns that it almost felt like it was my bladder expecially as it felt like it was a very full bladder being pulled when I moved certain ways.

Turns out my friend was right, I have pelvic girdle pain, lucky me!

When I looked at a picture of the pelvic bone I never really realised how many joints there are in it an when i see there is a joint at the front it all makes so much sense, it is exactly where I have that pain.

The GP said I should probably go see a physio otherwise it could end up getting worse. Among all my list of questions for her I forgot to ask for a physio recommendation so might go back to her about that but I am also wondering if this is something I should persue through Holles street. Anyone any experience with this?

In terms of mad dreams..... well I have been on some epic nocturnal adventures the past few months! its crazy but also quite entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

Same here with the mad dreams. Last night's involved me giving a press conference with Rory McIlroy during which he kept making really horrible racist and sexist statements and I ended up arguing with him in front of the press. If it's possible to have less than zero interest in golf, then that's what I have. So I've absolutely no idea where that came from.

In other news, I feel like I felt movement for the first time a couple of nights ago. Felt a few pokes quite low down followed by a fluttery sweeping motion from left to right. Very different to all the other twitches and twinges I've been feeling. So that was lovely.

ally_pally wrote:
    In other news, I feel like I felt movement for the first time a couple of nights ago. Felt a few pokes quite low down followed by a fluttery sweeping motion from left to right. Very different to all the other twitches and twinges I've been feeling. So that was lovely.

Amazing! I can't wait for this!

ally_pally wrote:

I think I've felt the same. A little fluttery sensation and sometimes I'll get almost a pins and needles type feeling in one part of my belly.
    20 week scan tomorrow and we are so excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

Very exciting about your scan! Mine is Monday week - counting down the days to it. Very best of luck with it tomorrow!

All went well. Measuring as due the 12th now but they'll keep me at the 15th unless it changes by more than a week.
    Placenta is nice and high. Baby is a wriggler but lying facedown so they couldn't get a look at the face or the heart front on. Back in 4 weeks for them to have another look.
    They've said baby will be a handful, wriggling away but wouldn't move the way they wanted it to no matter how much I moved!

smaoifs wrote: »
    All went well. Measuring as due the 12th now but they'll keep me at the 15th unless it changes by more than a week.
    Placenta is nice and high. Baby is a wriggler but lying facedown so they couldn't get a look at the face or the heart front on. Back in 4 weeks for them to have another look.
    They've said baby will be a handful, wriggling away but wouldn't move the way they wanted it to no matter how much I moved!

Ah that's lovely that you got to see souch action from the baby and even though they couldn't see stuff today it means you will have another go to have a good long look at him! It's so amazing looking at it, isn't it??

greenttc wrote:
    Ah that's lovely that you got to see souch action from the baby and even though they couldn't see stuff today it means you will have another go to have a good long look at him! It's so amazing looking at it, isn't it??

It really is! If they had gotten the images they wanted today, I wouldn't have been scanned again for another 8 weeks so I'm delighted I'll get to see again in 4 weeks.
    We're not finding out the gender but you're about the 5th today to say he! My family and colleagues all think boy.

Brilliant Smaoifs, great news!
    I had my scan on Monday, went great too. It's measuring eight days big - yikes! My husband is tall, so I'm blaming him for it's size :p
    We know the gender but we're keeping it to ourselves. My family are having great craic trying to trick the gender out of me!

Today I bought a small few hospital essentials, I know it's way too early but I couldnt help myself. Babygros, hats, mittens etc.

We're not finding out the gender but you're about the 5th today to say he! My family and colleagues all think boy.

ha ha, I just call my bump a he and all bumps are he's hence yours was too! I am convinced I am having a boy but am also convinced that I will be proven wrong and it will be a girl!

Great to have that scan to look forward to in 4 weeks!
    s4uv3 wrote: »
    Brilliant Smaoifs, great news!
    I had my scan on Monday, went great too. It's measuring eight days big - yikes! My husband is tall, so I'm blaming him for it's size :p
    We know the gender but we're keeping it to ourselves. My family are having great craic trying to trick the gender out of me!

Today I bought a small few hospital essentials, I know it's way too early but I couldnt help myself. Babygros, hats, mittens etc.

I am always confused about that size thing, are they saying he is big for the date you think you are or are they seeing developmental things that you may not see for another eight days? very confusing! mine was a day behind, myself and my husband are not very tall (just average, not tall) so I wonder was that it or is it that some part of the baby was not present or as developed as much as it should have been a day later. I think I may be over thing this!!

so exciting to know what it is, must make buying things sooooo much easier!! finding it hard to find really cute gender neutral clothes... they are all a bit boring so far, I want colour!!!

I am heading to the baby fair this weekend so hoping to get a few bits there, maybe some of the bigger things. not sure how I will get on with this pelvic girdle pain though, might have to abandon the trip altogether half way through! cant imagine that I could leave my husband there to pick out the correct things!

I'm not totally sure greenttc, I think they just go by very specific measurements for what that particular day/week should be? Sounds very technical to me anyway :p

s4uv3 wrote:
    I'm not totally sure greenttc, I think they just go by very specific measurements for what that particular day/week should be? Sounds very technical to me anyway

I think that's what it is. They measured the length of the femur and circumference of the head and some other stuff so I think it's going by what's expected by that date.
    I had baby brain though and spent hours thinking that baby was 3 days late not early!

So the measuring size of the baby is a little bit of both, size and development. Huh, the things you learn!

Made it round the baby fair in one piece,phew! Not as many stands there as I expected but glad that it wasn't any bigger at the same time!

I am now the owner of loads of tiny pots of sudocreme,bepanthan,oilatum,wipes,plasters and breast pads, all for free which is great! On top of that though I also bought a baby bath, a gro bag, some dribble bibs, muslin cloths and...... Best of all, the pram! Well, a travel system! Fierce exciting!

I am going to a mothercare event next so will get the crib and changing mat etc then. That's it then I won't get anything else till baby is here, no need for a cot yet I don't think!

Its all very real now!

Anyone have any experience of the chocolate next to me crib? Can't make my mind up about it. Or maybe I will just get one of those rocking cribs, too much choice!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Padme

We had our big scan last week, and baby was awkward apparently. She eventually got to see everything she needed though, so all good. I was in bits after though, she kept poking the bump to try to get the baby to change positions, and digging in to get better views.

I'm going to ask my doctor about spd and pelvic girdle pain when I'm in next. I'm limping a lot, in quite a bit of pain now.

We did the pregnancy and baby fair yesterday, got loads of freebies too! I bought a new changing bag (my Christmas present from hubby), some nipple shields and a couple of soother sterilizers.

I'm also really interested in the chicco next to me - found it on tralee nursery supplies for 188. My best friend had one for her little guy and found it great, she says she still has hers, so I'm going to borrow it, and just get a new mattress.

I've got a couple of slings already as I'm hoping to babywear. I feel weird buying stuff so early, but I want to get prepared, especially with Christmas coming up.

• Advertisement

Padme wrote: »

I'm going to ask my doctor about spd and pelvic girdle pain when I'm in next. I'm limping a lot, in quite a bit of pain now.

I'm also really interested in the chicco next to me - found it on tralee nursery supplies for 188. My best friend had one for her little guy and found it great, she says she still has hers, so I'm going to borrow it, and just get a new mattress.

I've got a couple of slings already as I'm hoping to babywear. I feel weird buying stuff so early, but I want to get prepared, especially with Christmas coming up.

I think it is good to start buying stuff now, I cant see myself being ablr to walk around the shops and buy everything I want in december/January!

I have friends who swore by the next to me crib and said it was the one item they were delighted they bought. however I also have two friends who didnt like it at all, one said she got a fright one night as the baby almost fell between the crib and her bed. now, she has a superking bed so possibly didnt secure it properly but I also have a super king bed, cant make my mind up!!! The other thing I was a bit worried about was how I would get out of bed with a crib attached to my bed, I guess I would have to scoot down the bed a bit and that might not be great if I ended up with a section or if the PGP persists after birth.

on the PGP, I am suffering terribly with it Padme and reading about it, it seems that the sooner you get it seen to the better. I didnt even wait for my hospital appointment in the end, I ended up going to a physio privately, it was amazing how it all worked, she never needed to go near my pelvis as the probelms were in my legs and upper back but were all connected to pelvis so I got great relief, still painful but it takes a few sessions to help significantly but I have great faith that it will be gone completely, fingers crossed! if you want a physio recommendation in South dublin let me know!

another question for everyone, I am in holles street public and just signed up to a consultant during my booking appointment. never saw that consultant until very recently and while she was nice and knowledgable I just dont think I clicked with her. I also met another consultant who I am not officially with and loved her. Has anyone ever changed consultant?

I know if I read this question I would think, Of course you can and you are entitled to. And I would also think that its not like we see them lots anyway and might never meet them again but I have a higher risk of complications and feel that i might actually need them.

So does anyone have any experience of this and how did you get on?

Think I might just say it to midwife this week anyway!

greenttc wrote:
    another question for everyone, I am in holles street public and just signed up to a consultant during my booking appointment. never saw that consultant until very recently and while she was nice and knowledgable I just dont think I clicked with her. I also met another consultant who I am not officially with and loved her. Has anyone ever changed consultant?

Hey green.
    Defo chat with the midwife or even your gp and see what they think. I mean of course you'll be able but you just want to go about it in the right way.
    Can I ask which consultant you are with? I was under a consultant in HS for a gynae issue. When I met her first I thought she was a bit blunt and brash but actually she was so so lovely to me. It's just hard to judge by one appointment. Again the consultant I'm with now - samd thing. Met her once and not sure but going to give her a chance. Am under Dr McAuliffe now. And my previous gynae was Dr Orla Shiel. Cannot speak highly enough of her!

dreamstar wrote: »
    Hey green.
    Defo chat with the midwife or even your gp and see what they think. I mean of course you'll be able but you just want to go about it in the right way.
    Can I ask which consultant you are with? I was under a consultant in HS for a gynae issue. When I met her first I thought she was a bit blunt and brash but actually she was so so lovely to me. It's just hard to judge by one appointment. Again the consultant I'm with now - samd thing. Met her once and not sure but going to give her a chance. Am under Dr McAuliffe now. And my previous gynae was Dr Orla Shiel. Cannot speak highly enough of her!

Thanks dreamstar,

I will pm you the current consultant because she was really very nice and I would guess has a lot of experience and knowledge so I don't want to have any even slightly negative thing on this thread about her. It was just that she didn't match my personality and the way I am used to working with medical professionals.

I will say that the consultant I really liked though was Mary Higgins, she was so understanding regarding one part of my care and I got on so well with her.

I am in two minds about changing and I think that if I hadn't met Mary Higgins I would be happy with who I have. I think my discussion around changing would be more talking about how good she was with me rather than saying I preferred her to someone else.

I don't want to it to look like I am complaining (because I am not) or like I am causing trouble!

greenttc wrote:
    I don't want to it to look like I am complaining (because I am not) or like I am causing trouble!

I know - it's just slightly awkward I guess. Even though it shouldn't be. You're entitled to go to whichever doctor you prefer. It's nice to feel comfortable with whoever is looking after you.
    I bet it happens all the time though.

I'm going semi private in HS, did that last time too. Last time I attended the assistant masters clinic, which was great because I met loads of different doctors, it was basically whoever was on that day. When I actually went in to have my baby, I'd met everyone before which was comforting. This time I went with one of the consultants I had met a few times and really liked. I've only had one appointment with him so far, but I'm happy with my choice. I've a gp appointment next Tuesday, as I'm doing combined care.

Baby is being very active these days which is lovely. I think it was doing star jumps last night because I could feel kicks very low down and over an inch over my belly button at the same time. It's definitely a night owl, it gets very active in the evening and at bed time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Padme wrote: »
    Baby is being very active these days which is lovely. I think it was doing star jumps last night because I could feel kicks very low down and over an inch over my belly button at the same time. It's definitely a night owl, it gets very active in the evening and at bed time.

Ah lovely! I'm starting to feel much more movement now, 19 weeks now! Can even feel some kicks when I rest my hands on my tum. It's lovely, himself has felt them too. My one year old puts her head on my tummy and I kinda bump it in her ear and she thinks it's hilarious! :D:D She calls it "mammys tummy house".

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Ah lovely! I'm starting to feel much more movement now, 19 weeks now! Can even feel some kicks when I rest my hands on my tum. It's lovely, himself has felt them too. My one year old puts her head on my tummy and I kinda bump it in her ear and she thinks it's hilarious! :D:D She calls it "mammys tummy house".

That is too cute!
    My husband could feel the kicks a couple of days after they started. It took my little lad a while to feel one because he has no patience. He was so excited the first time, thought the baby was giving him a high five. He keeps telling me he left all sorts of things in my tummy for the baby to play with, it's so cute!

Today is the first day I'm feeling definite movement. Such a strange but amazing feeling!

• Advertisement

Today is the first day I'm feeling definite movement. Such a strange but amazing feeling!

Fantastic!!! It's the best bit about being pregnant :)

Advertisement