Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Padme

Exciting times ahead for us all! I got admitted this morning after my waters broke overnight. Pains haven't started yet though but in all likelihood I'll be having a January baby too. I didn't get to wash the bottles etc beforehand though due to my lack of energy. Nesting didn't kick in for me! So I'll be giving detailed instructions to hubby to do it ;-). It'll keep him busy!

So exciting! My waters went on my son but labour never kicked in so I was induced. They don't like to leave you more than 24 hrs with your waters gone, so you'll have your baby really soon - best of luck!!! Can't wait to hear the good news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

Best of luck tangobelle, can't wait to hear news of your little one's arrival. You too Padme, it must be wonderful to know you'll have your baby in the next week.

I have one day less to prepare. Hospital want me in on Monday now!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭tangobelle2010

Little princess born this morning in a real hurry. My husband made it with minutes to spare! Glad its all over. We're delighted with our bundle. Good luck to all you other ladies waiting hard on your babas! Looking forward to hearing all your news

Padme wrote:
    I have one day less to prepare. Hospital want me in on Monday now!

One less day to worry about it and one less day before you get to hold your wee baba x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Little princess born this morning in a real hurry. My husband made it with minutes to spare! Glad its all over. We're delighted with our bundle. Good luck to all you other ladies waiting hard on your babas! Looking forward to hearing all your news

Congratulations, that's great news!

That's wonderful tangobelle, huge congratulations to you.

Huge congratulations, thrilled for you both! Hope you're recovering well and getting some rest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Congratulations Tangobelle! Hope you are both doing well!

Can't believe Feb babies are being born already, time has just flown by! :D

My little man arrived on Monday, he is unbelievably cute. Breastfeeding isn't going great, he's a very sleepy baby, but fingers crossed that will improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Padme wrote: »
    My little man arrived on Monday, he is unbelievably cute. Breastfeeding isn't going great, he's a very sleepy baby, but fingers crossed that will improve.

Congratulations Padme!

Padme wrote:

Congrats! Great news. Hope you're doing OK.

Padme wrote:

Congratulations!

38 weeks today, hospital checkup and all looking good. Back next week (if Babs is still hanging in) and they'll do an internal. Depending on how my cervix is looking they're gonna decide whether to leave me go to term or induce. Babs is a good weight and has a little extra. They won't leave me go beyond my due date anyway so at least I know there's 2 weeks at most left.
    Only discomfort I've been feeling is what I can only describe as a pinched urethra. It's like it's being pinched and pulled up and has caused a few gasps of pain. Goes away if I change my position or sit on a firmer chair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Hi all,
    Hope everyone is doing well. I'm not actually due until March but just wanted to ask - have any of you been tested for Group B Strep in the hospital? I've been reading a lot on it but don't know how necessary the testing is or if hospitals do it routinely. I'm back next week so going to ask but just thought I'd check here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

dreamstar wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Hope everyone is doing well. I'm not actually due until March but just wanted to ask - have any of you been tested for Group B Strep in the hospital? I've been reading a lot on it but don't know how necessary the testing is or if hospitals do it routinely. I'm back next week so going to ask but just thought I'd check here too.

I attended Holles st and they advised me to ask my GP to do a swab for it. Which she did, and all was fine. I think I was about 35 weeks at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

dreamstar wrote: »
    Hi all,

It wasn't mentioned to me at all, nor was I tested for it. I kept meaning to ask about it at each clinic but it always slipped my mind. So no, not routine in my hospital anyway!

Our little princess arrived Wednesday afternoon, exactly a week early.
    Started having back pains Tuesday night and stayed at home on the TENS machine until nearly midday. Very quick progression throughout the afternoon and out she popped at 4.46. We are absolutely thrilled with her!

smaoifs wrote:
    Our little princess arrived Wednesday afternoon, exactly a week early. Started having back pains Tuesday night and stayed at home on the TENS machine until nearly midday. Very quick progression throughout the afternoon and out she popped at 4.46. We are absolutely thrilled with her!

Congrats smaoifs! Brilliant news. Hope you're recovering well and that your princess is settling in nicely

Congratulations Padme and smaoifs. Lovely news.

I've been provisionally booked in to be induced on Wednesday. My blood pressure is a bit high, I've been given medication to try and bring it down and I'll be checked again on Monday. If it goes down, they'll leave me go naturally. If it's the same, induction on Wednesday. It's all feeling very real now!

• Advertisement

ally_pally wrote:
    I've been provisionally booked in to be induced on Wednesday. My blood pressure is a bit high, I've been given medication to try and bring it down and I'll be checked again on Monday. If it goes down, they'll leave me go naturally. If it's the same, induction on Wednesday. It's all feeling very real now!

Hope the blood pressure resolves itself on medication. Have you long before your due date? I had high blood pressure with my second and was induced at 37 weeks as its better for baby to be out if bp is high. I had little to no high bp with this pregnancy but it's high now since she's been born for some reason.

Due date is next Friday so there's pretty much no difference between induction and due date. I'd hoped not to be induced but I totally get that it's safer and necessary if the BP doesn't resolve itself. Hope yours sorts itself out too!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Completely forgot about this thread!! Hope everyone is keeping well with all the new babies. Our little woman finally arrived on the 21st after going 11 days over.

Best wishes to all

deh983 wrote:
    Completely forgot about this thread!! Hope everyone is keeping well with all the new babies. Our little woman finally arrived on the 21st after going 11 days over.

Congrats! Hope you are doing well. My little lady is now almost seven weeks. Don't know where the time has gone but it also feels like she's been here forever! She's doing well but is a right wee daytime catnapper and bottle grazer..10 minutes here, 1 oz there there so she's hard work during the day, especially when I'm also trying to deal with my two year old! That said, she's settling into a night time routine and she sleeps from 8 pm until 2.30 am (usually) and then settles back after feed until 5 or 6 so there's light at end of tunnel!

How are all you other January/February mammies doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Congrats! Hope you are doing well. My little lady is now almost seven weeks. Don't know where the time has gone but it also feels like she's been here forever! She's doing well but is a right wee daytime catnapper and bottle grazer..10 minutes here, 1 oz there there so she's hard work during the day, especially when I'm also trying to deal with my two year old! That said, she's settling into a night time routine and she sleeps from 8 pm until 2.30 am (usually) and then settles back after feed until 5 or 6 so there's light at end of tunnel!

How are all you other January/February mammies doing?

We're doing ok so far. Bit of a wobbly week last week but she has settled down again now. She's on 3 oz bottles at the minute and wakes one during the night so could be worse I suppose. We have a nearly 3 year old and entertaining him & making sure he isn't feeling left out is more tiring than the baby. If only we could sleep when the baby sleeps this time!!
    I just keep reminding myself the weeks fly by and soon it'll all be a distant memory (I hope!)

My little princess is 5weeks today. On 5ozs which she guzzles during the day but splits at night. She'll take 3 or 2 ozs at 3 hour gaps during the night whereas during the day she'll take the 5ozs at 4 hour gaps.
    I try to have her late feed around midnight when I'm still up so the 3am feed is the only night feed cos her dad is up for work around 6.
    This is exhausting, hard work but so worth it.

smaoifs wrote: »
    My little princess is 5weeks today. On 5ozs which she guzzles during the day but splits at night. She'll take 3 or 2 ozs at 3 hour gaps during the night whereas during the day she'll take the 5ozs at 4 hour gaps.
    I try to have her late feed around midnight when I'm still up so the 3am feed is the only night feed cos her dad is up for work around 6.
    This is exhausting, hard work but so worth it.

My little man was six weeks on Monday. We had his six week check yesterday, he's put on 2.5lbs since birth. He had a very sleepy night and morning and not that interested in bottles either so we went to doc, but he's fine. Must be a growth spurt. He's awake now and back to guzzling his bottles. We started him on 5oz bottles today as he's been finishing 4ozs for a few days. Until recently he's kept us up ALL night, but he's been having a stretch at night the last few days, so fingers crossed that continues.
    He's such a placid little fella compared to how his brother was, they are so different!

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod:

Whoops! you guys are overdue a move to Neborns and Todds. Sorry for the delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Jeeze i never got around to reporting my little mans arrival 5 weeks ago, been such a busy five weeks which has flown by! Its mad how much you love them though isnt it? Even when they are screaming their heads off!

Is anyone else trying breastfeeding and how is it going for you? My aim was to get to six weeks and i am nearly there but good god it is so much harder than i expected so would love to hear if its just me or do others think the same? Sometimes i wonder would he be more settled if he was bottle fed.

How settled are all your babies at this stage? Mine seems to just cry or feed and sleep sometimes but not too much really, although in fairness he is best at sleeping at night time! Lucky!!!!!

• Advertisement

Congrats green! Hope you are all doing well.

I'm bottle feeding. I tried breast with my first but gave up after two weeks so respect to anyone who can do it longer than that!

My baby is quite unsettled in the evenings and catnaps all day but conks out cold after her bath. She actually slept for 7.5 hours straight last night which was amazing! But the days are hard with the short naps, sporadic feeding and crying in evenings along with entertaining my toddler. But its all worth it because all it takes is for one gumsy smile to melt your heart!

I'm making a point of getting out of house every day...a walk, to the shops or even just a drive in the car as I found the days we stay at home all day long are the toughest and getting out and about does wonders for the mood.

Advertisement