Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭tangobelle2010

Hi everyone. Great to see the group is growing! I had my first gp ante natal today. Gp has a little ultrasound machine and i got a little scan...nothing to see really but was nice just the same. I've been on blood pressure meds since my last pregnancy but I came off them last week after my positive test as the leaflet says to discontinue on pregnancy. Gp told to get back on them but I'm very very nervous as Dr google is telling me how dangerous these meds are to the foetus! Don't know what to do. Also had my first nausea symptoms today..strangely reassuring have to admit!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Gossipgirl24

Hi we are ttc no. 2 I have a 21 month old ds. so my periods are very irregular I'm on day 52 of my cycle . Yesterday just for the crack I decided I'd take a really cheap pregnancy test that I bought online and the faintest of lines showed up I had to squint to see this line. So I ran out bought first response test and had faint line . I don't know when I would of ovulated so iv no idea what dpo I am . Anyway so this morning I got up at 5 to test and forgot and peed in the toilet so I drank lots water and at 9am I did the test had very faint line but was lighter then yesterday's. This afternoon I took another test was lighter then yesterday's but darker then this mornings . Has anyone else had simular and everything been ok? I read somewhere that water can dilute the urine so im hoping that's it and just that I'm very early gone . Any advice or opinions would be really appreciated I'm driving myself crazy. If everything goes ok I'd be due in Feb 2017 .

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Hi everyone. Great to see the group is growing! I had my first gp ante natal today. Gp has a little ultrasound machine and i got a little scan...nothing to see really but was nice just the same. I've been on blood pressure meds since my last pregnancy but I came off them last week after my positive test as the leaflet says to discontinue on pregnancy. Gp told to get back on them but I'm very very nervous as Dr google is telling me how dangerous these meds are to the foetus! Don't know what to do. Also had my first nausea symptoms today..strangely reassuring have to admit!

Ah cool that you got a little scan tango! What we're you able to see? I presume you probably didn't get to hear any heartbeat yet?

I am on a few meds for different things I suppose the thinking is that if the mother is not in good health the baby can't be either. My medications are specifically to help the pregnancy but I have a long standing illness which is in remission but I am very aware that it is common for it to flare up in pregnancy so I have a medication plan in place in case that does happen. Maybe ask at your twelve week appointment for a.second opinion or is that too long to wait? It's a tough decision!

I have had no symptoms the past few days.... Don't like it! Bit jealous of your nausea!! How weird does that sound!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Oh greenttc the nausea is awful.... Be thankful!!

greenttc wrote:
    Ah cool that you got a little scan tango! What we're you able to see? I presume you probably didn't get to hear any heartbeat yet?

I didn't see very much at all greenttc but doc claimed he could see uterus thickening! No heartbeat yet....i think from 7-8 weeks iirc. Hope your illness doesn't flare up but at least you have a plan in place.

• Advertisement

Hi we are ttc no. 2 I have a 21 month old ds. so my periods are very irregular I'm on day 52 of my cycle . Yesterday just for the crack I decided I'd take a really cheap pregnancy test that I bought online and the faintest of lines showed up I had to squint to see this line. So I ran out bought first response test and had faint line . I don't know when I would of ovulated so iv no idea what dpo I am . Anyway so this morning I got up at 5 to test and forgot and peed in the toilet so I drank lots water and at 9am I did the test had very faint line but was lighter then yesterday's. This afternoon I took another test was lighter then yesterday's but darker then this mornings . Has anyone else had simular and everything been ok? I read somewhere that water can dilute the urine so im hoping that's it and just that I'm very early gone . Any advice or opinions would be really appreciated I'm driving myself crazy. If everything goes ok I'd be due in Feb 2017 .

Maybe you could try one of the digital tests that says "pregnant" if you are instead of a faint line? It even gives you an indication of how far along you might be. Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Oh greenttc the nausea is awful.... Be thankful!!

I know it must be awful but it would definitely be reassuring!!! Maybe a sore boob or something instead? Or even just a slight food aversion! Give me something little fetus!!!! Ha!

Tango, must have been so reassuring to get that news about the thickening uterus! Very cool that your gp will be able to do a scan every time you visit! Will definitely keep your mind at ease throughout!

greenttc wrote:
    I know it must be awful but it would definitely be reassuring!!! Maybe a sore boob or something instead? Or even just a slight food aversion! Give me something little fetus!!!! Ha!

Haha...Give it another week or so and I'm sure you'll be feeling something but hope you don't get anything too bad! I had a complete aversion to chicken in both my previous pregnancies so hoping to avoid that this time... I love chicken so it was most inconvenient trying to figure out what to eat!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mee84

Hi Ladies,

I am new to Ireland (2 months now) and hope to get some advice on pregnancy related stuff. I suspect I might be preggers since periods 2 days late and iv been having these on and off dull cramps on one side since past couple of days. Have not had this long cycle since 7 months. Anyway please give as much suggestions since I have no idea how pregnancy works in Ireland, I mean procedures and all. Also this would be first baby for us and hence absolutely no knowledge. Unfortunately I do not know personally many people here who have given birth as well. The people iv met so far has no pregnancy related knowledge.
    My questions:
    1. What is to be done once i get bfp? Should I visit a gp? And what happens after that? Will the gp refer me to hospital or do i continue seeing gp?
    2. I live in Dublin. What would be the best maternity hospitals?
    3. Private or public. I do have health insurance, but I guess the maternity benefits can kick in only later since my policy is new. I am happy to go private only if there is need to do so. Iv heard in Ireland public is pretty good. So please recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Mee84 wrote: »
    My questions:
    1. What is to be done once i get bfp? Should I visit a gp? And what happens after that? Will the gp refer me to hospital or do i continue seeing gp?
    2. I live in Dublin. What would be the best maternity hospitals?
    3. Private or public. I do have health insurance, but I guess the maternity benefits can kick in only later since my policy is new. I am happy to go private only if there is need to do so. Iv heard in Ireland public is pretty good. So please recommend.

1. Visit GP, they'll talk you through a lot of things
    2. All of them are good. Some people swear by one or the other but in reality most people haven't gone to them all, and some people have good and bad experiences in all. Ii went to one closest to my job
    3. I posted a thread a while ago on that - you should have a read, there's lots of info. I decided to go public as I'd still have to pay €000s on top of my health insurance for private. Public is good, you'll be minded, I think the main pitfalls are how busy it is and the queues and the big wards. If I had plenty of cash I'd go private but I'm buying a house so I chose not to.

• Advertisement

Beanybabog wrote: »
    1. Visit GP, they'll talk you through a lot of things
    2. All of them are good. Some people swear by one or the other but in reality most people haven't gone to them all, and some people have good and bad experiences in all. Ii went to one closest to my job
    3. I posted a thread a while ago on that - you should have a read, there's lots of info. I decided to go public as I'd still have to pay €000s on top of my health insurance for private. Public is good, you'll be minded, I think the main pitfalls are how busy it is and the queues and the big wards. If I had plenty of cash I'd go private but I'm buying a house so I chose not to.

Thank you so much beanybabog! I will follow ur earlier thread

3. Private or public. I do have health insurance, but I guess the maternity benefits can kick in only later since my policy is new. I am happy to go private only if there is need to do so. Iv heard in Ireland public is pretty good. So please recommend.[/quote]

Congratulations! I say public too. My last pregnancy was via the public service. I had a few problems with the pregnancy but I was watched like a hawk all the way through and couldn't have gotten better care. Good luck

Congratulations! I say public too. My last pregnancy was via the public service. I had a few problems with the pregnancy but I was watched like a hawk all the way through and couldn't have gotten better care. Good luck[/quote]

Thanks! Could I ask which hospital was that?
    P.S Iv still not poas but pretty much convinced :D. Have never missed periods before and have never had these unusual dull pinching pulling cramps before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 855 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Looks like I will be jumping threads to the Jan one. Went along to doc at what my LMP suggested was 6 weeks and had a scan and saw heartbeat and all and measurements said 7 weeks so cycle must have been all over the place after the pill. Now due late Jan

Hi!

Just want to update that just got my positive. 5 days past AF due date. Used clearblue digital. Cameup pregnant 1-2 weeks. So february baby huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Kantava

I conceived naturally just the month I was due to start ivf. Clinic prescribed progesterone. I took it twice a day until first scan at seven weeks then went down to one a day and stopped altogether around nine weeks. I asked my consultant and he wasn't enthused by it so I said id come off. No idea if it helps or not but am glad to be off it.

Mee84 wrote: »
    Hi!

Just want to update that just got my positive. 5 days past AF due date. Used clearblue digital. Cameup pregnant 1-2 weeks. So february baby huh?

Shoot! I am getting feb 14th as due date! Can anyone tell how accurate these online predictors are? I used the babycenter one. Calculated based on first day of last period

Also can someone recommend a gp in dublin 15. I am new in Ireland and never had to see a gp

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

Hi all,

I feel like I'm tempting fate posting here but after over a year of TTC, I got my first positive at the weekend. The lines on both tests were fairly faint, but definitely there. I've done enough tests where I've scrutinised the damn stick with a magnifying glass trying to magic up a line that just wasn't there to know the difference! Tentative date of 17th February.

I was due to go for an MRI this week to look into suspected fibroids but had to cancel it obviously. When cancelling it this morning, the woman on the phone was so lovely and so full of congratulations that I started to tear up! Myself and my OH are both being so cautious and so tentative in making plans that we haven't had any sort of big celebratory moment yet. I don't know if that's normal, but it feels like we had so many setbacks in the journey of trying to conceive that we're not getting our hopes up. It feels wrong to be saying that, but there you go.

This is my first pregnancy and I'm finding it all a bit hard to believe. I'm sort of terrified of all the things that can go wrong and I'm wishing the next 8 weeks away until I get to the 12 week mark. So far I've no nausea or sickness thankfully although I do have very sort breasts, a sort of heavy feeling in my lower pelvis, occasional twinges (wouldn't go so far as to call them pains) in my abdomen and some dizziness.

Best of luck to everyone else on this thread - here's to the next 9 months!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Hey girls. Delighted to join the February thread, have no real due date yet as cycles all over the place since mc 10/11 weeks ago. Think going by ovulation date that I'm due 24th Feb but dating scan will reveal more! Here's to a healthy and happy next nine months!

• Advertisement

ally_pally wrote: »
    Hi all,

I feel like I'm tempting fate posting here but after over a year of TTC, I got my first positive at the weekend. The lines on both tests were fairly faint, but definitely there. I've done enough tests where I've scrutinised the damn stick with a magnifying glass trying to magic up a line that just wasn't there to know the difference! Tentative date of 17th February.

I was due to go for an MRI this week to look into suspected fibroids but had to cancel it obviously. When cancelling it this morning, the woman on the phone was so lovely and so full of congratulations that I started to tear up! Myself and my OH are both being so cautious and so tentative in making plans that we haven't had any sort of big celebratory moment yet. I don't know if that's normal, but it feels like we had so many setbacks in the journey of trying to conceive that we're not getting our hopes up. It feels wrong to be saying that, but there you go.

This is my first pregnancy and I'm finding it all a bit hard to believe. I'm sort of terrified of all the things that can go wrong and I'm wishing the next 8 weeks away until I get to the 12 week mark. So far I've no nausea or sickness thankfully although I do have very sort breasts, a sort of heavy feeling in my lower pelvis, occasional twinges (wouldn't go so far as to call them pains) in my abdomen and some dizziness.

Best of luck to everyone else on this thread - here's to the next 9 months!

Congrats! Should be all fine. Not sure if nausea is common this early. I believe it only sets on from/ 2nd month. I am same as you
    Only symptoms I have are sore breasts, twinges (which has stopped today) and slight light headedness. My due date given is feb 14th. Would be first one for us. Hope it would be fine for both of us. I am freaking out about mc or silent mc. Opted for coombe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Hello Ladies! Delighted to be joining this group. Did the test yesterday and booked in with my GP today, giving an estimated date of February 15th. Downloaded the Ovia app and it tells me I'm 4 weeks and 6 days. Very, very excited! Tears of happiness on the loo yesterday morning.
    First for us after 7 months of not being careful, without religiously "trying".

smaoifs wrote: »
    Hello Ladies! Delighted to be joining this group. Did the test yesterday and booked in with my GP today, giving an estimated date of February 15th. Downloaded the Ovia app and it tells me I'm 4 weeks and 6 days. Very, very excited! Tears of happiness on the loo yesterday morning.
    First for us after 7 months of not being careful, without religiously "trying".

Congrats! Keep us posted. Do u have any symptoms so far? My due date is feb 14. So we are very close. Would like to compare. I have occassional dull cramps and bb getting sore. Thats it. Hard to believe pregnant! Went to GP on monday. Going with coombe

February starting to get busy now! Congrats to all. I'm due 2nd February and nausea has started in earnest over last few days.

Congrats everyone! My weird twinges have calmed down a bit in the last day or two but now I have a really REALLY strong taste of metal in my mouth. It started yesterday and I have it again today. It feels really weird but is apparently quite normal (thank you Dr. Google).

I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow so I suppose I'll need to start thinking about which hospital. I'm veering towards the Rotunda as it would be the most convenient and friends have had really good experiences there. Have heard great things about the Coombe too though.

ally_pally wrote:
    Congrats everyone! My weird twinges have calmed down a bit in the last day or two but now I have a really REALLY strong taste of metal in my mouth. It started yesterday and I have it again today. It feels really weird but is apparently quite normal (thank you Dr. Google).

The taste is awful isn't it...I've had that now the past week. The joys! I'm not Dublin based so I'm just going to my local hospital to have baba and for scans etc.

The taste is awful isn't it...I've had that now the past week. The joys! I'm not Dublin based so I'm just going to my local hospital to have baba and for scans etc.

It really is! It fades for me as the day goes on but I can definitely still taste it at the moment. Blegh. And I can't even try and get rid of it with a few espressos. Peppermint tea just isn't the same! :)

ally_pally wrote: »
    It really is! It fades for me as the day goes on but I can definitely still taste it at the moment. Blegh. And I can't even try and get rid of it with a few espressos. Peppermint tea just isn't the same! :)

Hope I could also taste something like that. I have practically no symptoms! Its worrying. 5 weeks now. Pregnancy is tricky is n't t? We wish for symptoms and when they appear we wish it stays away! Bb still sore. But stable.

The amount of over-thinking we must all be doing is unbelievable! You're so right though. I'm worried because I've no nausea but I'm sure the minute it arrives I'll be wishing it away. I suppose it's very early days for us all yet. I'm only 4 weeks 6 days so incredibly early so I'm frankly amazed that I have any symptoms at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Mee84 wrote:
    Congrats! Keep us posted. Do u have any symptoms so far? My due date is feb 14. So we are very close. Would like to compare. I have occassional dull cramps and bb getting sore. Thats it. Hard to believe pregnant! Went to GP on monday. Going with coombe

So after being to my GP yesterday, I was back there today to see the emergency GP with spotting. He has certed me off for the next week to rest and keep an eye on things.
    Have a letter for the local EPU if spotting turns heavier or I get cramps. Praying I don't need it ðŸ˜

Advertisement