Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

5:20 again this morning. What is going on??? :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭tangobelle2010

deh983 wrote:
    5:20 again this morning. What is going on???

Ouch! Is she up for the day at that time?

Ouch! Is she up for the day at that time?

She went back down after a lot of coaxing & begging :) until 7:15 but she was very u settled. I'm not sure whether she needs more food so I gave her a small breakfast today & lunch. Thank god my partner is on a weeks hols. We're all going for a night away. I'm beginning to regret that decision!!!

Personal question here...how is all your hair doing?! Mine started shedding when baby was three months and now that she's nearly seven months it's still coming out big time. My ponytail has got so thin and I saw a pic of myself taken recently with my head bent and it even looks like I've a receding hairline! Its so frustrating. I know it fell out with other two too but it feels and looks so much worse this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

I'm afraid I can't help as I have dreadfully thin hair at the best of times. I did notice for the first month or so after giving birth my hair looked amazing. Well, what passes as amazing for me. Back to its usual thin, dull self now unfortunately. Friends who've experienced this have all found it grew back eventually so hopefully you'll have the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Yeah lots and lots of mine fell out at the three month mark, I had big bald patches overy temples! Really awful, and it was at time I really wanted to tie my hair back cause baby kept grabbing it but I looked really bald if I tied it up.

It is still falling out, big clumps come out in the shower but I have lots of really short hairs now on my hair line so I dont look too bald anymore. Really thin hair though.

It is really upsetting isnt it??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

greenttc wrote:
    Yeah lots and lots of mine fell out at the three month mark, I had big bald patches overy temples! Really awful, and it was at time I really wanted to tie my hair back cause baby kept grabbing it but I looked really bald if I tied it up.
    greenttc wrote:
    It is still falling out, big clumps come out in the shower but I have lots of really short hairs now on my hair line so I dont look too bald anymore. Really thin hair though.
    greenttc wrote:
    It is really upsetting isnt it??

I haven't noticed any bald patches but I have a receding hairline at the front and am losing hair by the fistful every time I wash it. My hairdresser has changed my parting to the other side to give the hair a chance to grow back which it is, lots of baby hair along the front now!

Very upsetting the first time it happened, hair all over the shower and blocking the drain, I nearly screamed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

Wow. I haven't had the hair loss thing at all. I wonder will it happen. My hair was amazing and shiny when I was pregnant. Back to normal now.

We were watching a few bits of the rose of tralee last night and there was a rose on (no idea where from cause I wasnt watching it properly) but she suffered from hair loss, felt sorry for her cause hers was more of a long term thing! But my husband kept nodding at me and giving me eyes about it trying to say "she is the same as you!" We had visitors so he couldnt just come out and say it! I was laughing at him really cause he was so funny trying to show me without revealing my baldy temples to our guests!

greenttc wrote:
    We were watching a few bits of the rose of tralee last night and there was a rose on (no idea where from cause I wasnt watching it properly) but she suffered from hair loss, felt sorry for her cause hers was more of a long term thing! But my husband kept nodding at me and giving me eyes about it trying to say "she is the same as you!" We had visitors so he couldnt just come out and say it! I was laughing at him really cause he was so funny trying to show me without revealing my baldy temples to our guests!

Haha! Men are so subtle aren't they! Didn't watch the rose but fair play to her for highlighting it. I feel guilty now for moaning when there are so many others out there for whom hair loss is a total and permanent issue. I should be very grateful for what I have and my three beautiful children.

My baba is doing a dinger with naps completely and its such a fight getting her to drop off! She gets so tired and fussy but as soon as she's put down in cot, she's up on all fours to try see what she can see. She's fighting it big time! Thankfully, so far, getting her up for nighttime is grand and she's sleeping more or less all night but she's just too busy to nap during the day!

• Advertisement

My baba is doing a dinger with naps completely and its such a fight getting her to drop off! She gets so tired and fussy but as soon as she's put down in cot, she's up on all fours to try see what she can see. She's fighting it big time! Thankfully, so far, getting her up for nighttime is grand and she's sleeping more or less all night but she's just too busy to nap during the day!

That's great that she's making it up on all fours! Mine is trying, she gets the bum in the air sometimes and other times she balances on her belly on one hand if she's reaching for something. I think she's gonna be a crawler, her 17 month old cousin spent a while "swimming" across the floor flat on her tummy but I have a feeling this little dolly will head straight for crawling!

Wow all fours! Very impressive! Wee man is rolling onto his back but cant figure out how to go back the other way, when he is on his front he will stick his head and all four limbs up into the air so he is just balancing on his tummy. Like a little overturned tortoise. Dont know how he will figure out getting back cause his arms are in the way.

When he is on his back he lifts his head and shoulders up as if he is trying to see something down at his feet or maybe trying to sit up, not sure where that will lead to! Not sure what kind of a mover he will be!

Meant to say tango, yeah we are very moany complaining about a bit of temporary hair loss when there are others going through much worse but at the same time hair is so important to how we look and it is already an emotional time so i think we can be let off this once!

My girl can roll from back to front but not the other way. She's almost up on all fours but not quite yet. She raises herself up on her hands as high as she can and sort of kicks her legs. She looks like she's swimming! I'd love to encourage her to make a move towards crawling a little more but she starts grumbling after a few minutes in that position. In fact she woke 30 minutes into her long afternoon nap today. Went up to her room and there she was on her front, getting increasingly annoyed and with no clue how to roll back. :-D

My girl can roll from back to front but not the other way. She's almost up on all fours but not quite yet. She raises herself up on her hands as high as she can and sort of kicks her legs. She looks like she's swimming! I'd love to encourage her to make a move towards crawling a little more but she starts grumbling after a few minutes in that position. In fact she woke 30 minutes into her long afternoon nap today. Went up to her room and there she was on her front, getting increasingly annoyed and with no clue how to roll back. :-D

smaoifs wrote:
    That's great that she's making it up on all fours! Mine is trying, she gets the bum in the air sometimes and other times she balances on her belly on one hand if she's reaching for something. I think she's gonna be a crawler, her 17 month old cousin spent a while "swimming" across the floor flat on her tummy but I have a feeling this little dolly will head straight for crawling!

She only manages all fours in the cot just yet but its just amazing to see them develop and progress. My babs is "swimming" on the floor but crawling is definitely on the cards very soon. We marvel at it her swimming on the floor every day. Her 2 year old sister rarely rolled over, never crawled and it didn't even dawn on her to try moving around until she was nearly 11 months before taking off shuffling on her bum, which she's still doing! The difference in two kids with the same genes is just unreal!

greenttc wrote:
    When he is on his back he lifts his head and shoulders up as if he is trying to see something down at his feet or maybe trying to sit up, not sure where that will lead to! Not sure what kind of a mover he will be!

Wow, he's building up those tummy muscles anyway. I wonder would be become a bum shuffler eventually! Sounds a little like how my bum shuffler started off

ally_pally wrote:

Its so cute to see them figuring out their new move and then not knowing how to get out of it! The wee challenges they're facing.

ally_pally wrote:

That's exactly the same with us! The very odd time she wakes during the night is cos she's rolled over and gotten annoyed. I'm like a ninja running in, turning her back and running out before she even realises I'm there!

Haha! The only reason she doesn't do it at night is that she's in her gro-bag / sleeping bag. That restricts her just enough! I just have a blanket over her for naps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Isn't it funny how they're all doing similar things at the same time! My boy is also just recently an avid back-to-belly roller, but he can't get back round onto his back again. So he is also waking in the cot, rolling and then roaring in frustration that he can't get onto his back again! A couple of times he eventually fell asleep on his tummy, which he has never done before this week, and I think he actually sleeps better and for longer when he does.

ally_pally wrote:
    Haha! The only reason she doesn't do it at night is that she's in her gro-bag / sleeping bag. That restricts her just enough! I just have a blanket over her for naps.

She'll moved into the 6-18 month gro-bag this week cos her feet were tipping the end of the 0-6 month one. I thought it being bigger might stop her rolling. It did. For one night! The first night she somehow got herself lying across the cot and since then is back to rolling.

Those of you doing BLW - how much does your baby actually eat? I've been doing a combination of BLW and spoon feeds. He eats quite a lot during spoon feeds, but prefers to just play with his food (and make a LOT of mess) with BLW. He doesn't actually seem to eat very much, if anything, at all.

Caitriona,it's only in the last two weeks that my wee man has started to actually swallow stuff, before that I felt he just chewed it a bit and then spat it back out but now it's amazing to see how much he's actually eating! I cheated a bit and started before the 26 weeks I think he was about 23 weeks so it might of been a bit early anyway.

if you read all of the baby led weaning books or Facebook pages you will see the phrase"food before one is just for fun" repeated like a mantra and I think you really do have to keep that in mind, it is all about feeling the textures and getting the taste of food rather than actually swallowing anything and then the eating will come in time.

The biggest tell-tale sign for me though is his nappies,every time I change his nappy in the morning I can see bits of what he had for dinner the night before, and a lot of the time I didn't think he had eaten anything but he clearly had when you see what comes out in his nappies !

Keep going with it and it'll get better and better,you will find some food is eaten more than others, my wee man loves roasted sweet potato and things like oranges that he can suck the juice out of, and he loves pasta and Bolognese I think he just likes the sauce, he started out by sucking it off the pasta but now he is actually eating some of the pasta too it just takes time.

The mess is all part of it im afraid!!! Lots of great photo opportunities though!!

We have had two tough nights and I think were in for a few more! after being all excited with the wee mans ability to roll over it has now become a hindrance because he wakes up, rolls over and then can't get back onto his back so screams in a panic until we come in and roll him back.he was so good at sleeping before this, when is he going to learn how to roll back onto his back, i want my nice calm sleeping baby back!!! ( i can hear some of you saying, "ha" at me right now after all my smugness with a good sleeper!! Ha ha!)

It is funny how they are all at the same stage isnt it, so much for people all being unique individuals, we are almost text book similar in development milestones, ha!

Yeah gro bags dont stop the rolling at all! I am considering cot bumpers as i keep finding him on his tummy with his head mashed into the corner or up against a side, how does he get there?? It does look very uncomfortable though. I am a bit worried about the possibility of the bumpers being a smothering hazzard though. Hmmmm!

greenttc wrote:
    Yeah gro bags dont stop the rolling at all! I am considering cot bumpers as i keep finding him on his tummy with his head mashed into the corner or up against a side, how does he get there?? It does look very uncomfortable though. I am a bit worried about the possibility of the bumpers being a smothering hazzard though. Hmmmm!

I rolled up a cellular blanket alongside her the other morning to stop her rolling. This was 4.20am and I wasn't ready for her to be awake that early or for me to be running in every few minutes! It's like they don't realise that they don't HAVE to roll over.

My guys prefer to sleep in their tummys. Twin 2 won't roll from back to belly at all though. Getting a bit worried. We've been referred to physio. Twin 1 is pulling up to stand now and falling. On repeat. Sleep is all over the place lately too.

fits wrote: »
    My guys prefer to sleep in their tummys. Twin 2 won't roll from back to belly at all though. Getting a bit worried. We've been referred to physio. Twin 1 is pulling up to stand now and falling. On repeat. Sleep is all over the place lately too.

I don't know if it's any consolation at all, but my boy has only started rolling back to belly in the last fortnight (he's 7 months this weekend), and he still can't do belly to back. I know your twins are a few weeks older, but they came early too, didn't they? I wonder whether you'd be as concerned about him if he didn't have a much more active twin brother to compare him to?

Yes they are not yet 8 months corrected (thats 1st week of september). I think he is hitting all the rest of the milestones so Im not overly worried but would prefer to keep on top of it all the same. He was lightish when born too. Just over 2.5 kg.

• Advertisement

Anyone else have a whingy clingy baby these days?? I really think the inconsistent sleep is starting to affect her now. It's like she's always tired. :(

She has turned 6 months so am I right in saying she can have normal porridge weetabix now?? I'm struggling with the weaning (along with everything else) so just trying to remember what I did with #1

Advertisement