Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

Ha I would. But my cycles haven't returned and I'm probably infertile anyway and we can't afford it and managing a newborn with twin toddlers and a house being built would be mental. But outside of that, I'd actually love to go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

greenttc wrote:
    Is anyone trying for another baby? We have started, tis not easy!

Not yet. Timing isn't right for us to have another really before she turns 2. My brother is getting married in Vancouver next summer and I don't want to travel with an 18 month old and a newborn. Wouldn't mind being early pregnant at that stage or starting to try at that time.
    We were trying 7 months for this little lady and it'd be Murphy's Law we'd conceive straight away if I started trying now.
    Best of luck green, now your body knows what to do, it might happen quicker this time. My fingers are crossed for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

If tango did it so can I! Hopefully!!! Ha!

Fits I remember you from your kantava days, we were just about to embark on the same road as you but we were ridiculously lucky that it happened just before we started.

Caitriona, yes we were spd buddies and I wont ever forget that, turning over in bed was agony not to mind every other movement! But I want another eventually and I think I would prefer to just get it done, I think! Are we guaranteed.spd again or no?must look that up!

All the rest if ye, thanks for your messages of luck, even if ye think I am a nutter!!! God, maybe I am completely mental. Took so long to get there the last time though so that is hanging over me somewhere!

Hadnt read your reply before I started mine
    smaoifs wrote: »
    Best of luck green, now your body knows what to do, it might happen quicker this time. My fingers are crossed for you.

Yep took us 8 months smaoifs so I have it in my head that it will take at least that again but would love if your "body knows what to do" theory worked!

Your probably right to avoid with all your travel plans but then you wonder about how long it will take, so hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭tangobelle2010

greenttc wrote:
    If tango did it so can I! Hopefully!!! Ha!

Haha, that's very true...if I can do it anyone can! I would've left a bigger gap between mine if I was younger but being a "geriatric mother" as my consultant so eloquently called me, meant that I had to go sooner rather than later! I would love another but we've decided that we're blessed with our lot and as I had scary complications post delivery with the last two, we're calling it a day. Some days its completely bonkers with them but other days is just lovely and they will be friends as they grow, I hope! Good luck to you anyway and have fun trying ☺

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Ah yes, the SPD joy! I was sick until 22 weeks and then that kicked in at 26 weeks and was NOT pleasant! Apparently you may not always get it during subsequent pregnancies - I think we are more likely to get it than somebody who has never had it at all on previous pregnancies, but there’s a reasonable chance that we could be completely fine next time around.

Were you sick during the last time? The SPD was really tough, but it’s the sickness that is most off putting for me.

greenttc wrote: »
    !

Fits I remember you from your kantava days, we were just about to embark on the same road as you but we were ridiculously lucky that it happened just before we started.

!

I know. My boys are little miracles. We have been watching the babymakers on tv3 and marvelling at how lucky we were. I find myself looking back fondly at this time last year. My pregnancy was tough but also magical. It was amazing to grow two boys. Around this time last year I started taking it super easy and mid winter is a lovely time to have newborns just as the year renews. We had a wonderful spring and summer too.

How is everyone?

We have a little chatterbox on our hands! She's full of mumumumum and gugugu and other sounds. Also loves blowing raspberries! When I'm chatting to her now, especially when she's lying on the changing mat, I can see the tongue moving trying to figure out her sounds. I know she's not calling me mumumumum yet but it's so lovely to hear. Such a sweet little voice.

Were you sick during the last time? The SPD was really tough, but it’s the sickness that is most off putting for me.

I was so lucky, didn't have even a second of nausea. If I got pregnant again I have fingers crossed I will be as lucky!

Smaoifs my lad is a right chaterbox too, he has been since he was first able to make any noises really! No mumumu or mamamas for me though bit plenty of dadada bubub gugugu mmmmmmm and raspberries and gargling! He also will make kissing noises on demand too which is ridiculously cute! He still loves to scream and screech too especially at old ladies in the supermarket!

• Advertisement

There’s nothing sweeter than their little voices, right? Those kissing noises sound adorable! Liam’s new trick is to make clucking noises when we ask, “where’s the horsie?”

We had an amazing night last night. I was out at my friend’s house so his dad put him down at 8, and he went asleep really quickly and easily. He woke at 3 for a feed but went straight back down, then woke at 7.15. I feel bloody amazing!!!!

:D. See everything is just a phase.

My twin 1 has been cruising and soldier creeping for ages but he decided to start crawling on Sunday. Which is just deadly!!! It's so cool to see him zipping around. Twin 2 is flying it as well. He has got much stronger in recent weeks

fits wrote: »
    :D. See everything is just a phase.

My twin 1 has been cruising and soldier creeping for ages but he decided to start crawling on Sunday. Which is just deadly!!! It's so cool to see him zipping around. Twin 2 is flying it as well. He has got much stronger in recent weeks

Delighted to hear that twin 2 is catching up!!! Each in their own time, on their own wee schedule!

Haha I think last night was just a one-off. Every few weeks he teases us with a good night, then goes back to his usual antics!

greenttc wrote:
    Smaoifs my lad is a right chaterbox too, he has been since he was first able to make any noises really! No mumumu or mamamas for me though bit plenty of dadada bubub gugugu mmmmmmm and raspberries and gargling! He also will make kissing noises on demand too which is ridiculously cute! He still loves to scream and screech too especially at old ladies in the supermarket!

That's so cute! This little lady is such a screamer especially at other babies. They all get so excited and it's like they're communication through screams and screeches!
    There’s nothing sweeter than their little voices, right? Those kissing noises sound adorable! Liam’s new trick is to make clucking noises when we ask, “where’s the horsie?â€

That's amazing! They're such clever little things.

greenttc wrote:

That's so cute! This little lady is such a screamer especially at other babies. They all get so excited and it's like they're communication through screams and screeches!
    There’s nothing sweeter than their little voices, right? Those kissing noises sound adorable! Liam’s new trick is to make clucking noises when we ask, “where’s the horsie?â€

greenttc wrote:

greenttc wrote:

greenttc wrote:

That's so cute!
    We had an amazing night last night. I was out at my friend’s house so his dad put him down at 8, and he went asleep really quickly and easily. He woke at 3 for a feed but went straight back down, then woke at 7.15. I feel bloody amazing!!!!

That's fantastic! Amazing what night sleep will do!

My baba is very clingy and whingey at the moment. Don't know if its a result of me going back to work, the 8 month leap that didn't appear to have hit or if she's teething (we're still waiting on the first teeth to cut). Hoping it passes soon. The babbling going strong here too. She seems to have a special language for her big sister too, when big sis can be bothered to chat to her in the first place!

smaoifs wrote:
    I know she's not calling me mumumumum yet but it's so lovely to hear. Such a sweet little voice.

No better sound! And she could well have "mum" nailed!

greenttc wrote:
    He still loves to scream and screech too especially at old ladies in the supermarket!
    That's so funny...my baby cries when older women chat to her, but she seems to love the men!
    fits wrote:

That's brilliant! Fun times ahead for you too

• Advertisement

No better sound! And she could well have "mum" nailed!

That's so funny...my baby cries when older women chat to her, but she seems to love the men!

And I thought I was gonna be Mam lol

I was in a restaurant on Saturday, had her on my lap when she finished her lunch and she nearly spun herself off my lap to make eyes at the waiter. 8 months old and already flirting!

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

We have a constant whinger on our hands here too. Smack bang in the middle of a leap so hoping that’s it. God some days are tough. Just woke after 30 mins. God give me strength

deh983 wrote: »
    We have a constant whinger on our hands here too. Smack bang in the middle of a leap so hoping that’s it. God some days are tough. Just woke after 30 mins. God give me strength

You can do this!!! It’s just a bad day... there will be a good day very soon. On a bad day when I’m going a bit doolally, I find it really helps to just get out the door and go to the park or something

deh983 wrote: »

There is an end deh, i think my wee man has just come out the other side of that leap and god could he whinge! He seems to have calmed now so its definitely that leap, good days are coming, promise!

I strongly second caitriona about the getting out, when they whinge or cry give out constantly i put him in the buggy and out the door,for some reason it either stops him or if it doesnt ,crying never seems as bad when they are strapped into the buggy, its like you cant hear it properly! You know they are okay cause you can see them,and they can see you, but they are just having a whinge and the wind seems to just blow some of the strength out of it!

Anyone started babyproofing yet? Tips or tricks? I’m dreading covering my wee house in silly stuff!

What did you use to keep baba away from the fire? I’m also wondering whether I can get away with only having a baby gate at the top of the stairs. Our stairs are in our living room, so I can’t shut baba away from them. My friend trained her wee girl not to go up them at all though??

Anyone started babyproofing yet? Tips or tricks? I’m dreading covering my wee house in silly stuff!

What did you use to keep baba away from the fire? I’m also wondering whether I can get away with only having a baby gate at the top of the stairs. Our stairs are in our living room, so I can’t shut baba away from them. My friend trained her wee girl not to go up them at all though??

My mum said the same as your friend, she never got baby gates just trained us to not go up the stairs. I am thinking it might be different with a boy though, I imagine he will climb everywhere, dreading it! When I look around there are ao many wires and sockets and corners and things that can be pulled down, its going to be a big job I think! If I can even just get one room done.......where to start though!

We had to baby proof as it's just not possible to mind the two of them. We have a massive play pen. A guard in front of stove. A stair gate on bottom of stairs. And locks on the presses. Twin 1 would love to climb the stairs if let.

A day in for me and baba. My parents are only a 5 minute drive away but it's so windy here (Waterford) already I've decided it's not worth the risk of driving 5 minutes just for company.

smaoifs wrote:
    A day in for me and baba. My parents are only a 5 minute drive away but it's so windy here (Waterford) already I've decided it's not worth the risk of driving 5 minutes just for company.

Same here, we're in lockdown waiting for storm to hit this afternoon. Its really rough already here so am freaking out at thought of it getting much worse when it is overhead.

• Advertisement

Ah, stay safe all mamas, especially in the south and the west! I had to go into work today because my employer is an absolute eejit, but thankfully they saw sense around 11!

Advertisement