Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Unfortunately the "just coping" part comes to the forefront when the baby comes!You just have to keep telling yourself it's worth it in the long run.(it is, they are great pals for each other now :-) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

greenttc wrote:
    So...... I have succeeded! Was worried it wouldn't happen but it has. Nobody knows yet but I have to tell someone so my anonymous Internet mammy buddies will be the first to know......... Baby number two is on the way!!!! Wuhoo!!!!!!! So very happy. (slightly scared now that it's real!!!)

Congratulations, that's fantastic news!

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭ally_pally

Congratulations green! Wonderful news, so happy for you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Girls, my blood has been boiling all day. After five wonderful nights of sleeping ten hours straight, liam was quite unsettled last night and woke at 2am. I struggled to resettle him and he cried for between 5 and 10 minutes (definitely less than 10 minutes). Next thing I know, someone is angrily hammering on our front door!!!

My husband told me not to answer (I am the hothead of the two of us), so I continued trying to settle him. They knocked again and then gave up:

We live in a small Victorian terrace so I’m not sure which side it was who came knocking. One side we know to chat to in the street and they seem really nice, but what do you know. The other side we only know to say hello to so my gut says it is them, but they have a wee yappy dog who regularly barks through the night so that would be very hypocritical.

My husband wants to go to both neighbours this evening and talk it out with them, but I’m not sure what to do. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

Oh god, that's awful, crying baby is stressful enough but having a knock on the door at the same time.....!

How do you know they were knocking to complain though?

I defo would have answered the door at the time though but I would be the hot head like you.

I think I would just leave it and not go near anyone, let them approach you but at least you can be prepared now.

Everyone was a crying baby in the beginning, they have no right to complain. I have heard our neighbours children screaming at night (I often wondered did they suffer from night terrors it was that bad) yes it was annoying and woke me up but sure it isn't the child or the parents fault. I would never say a word to them about it (although we are getting them back now with our own screaming child!!!)

Just let them come top you and now that you have had time to calm down maybe just say you are sorry but you would appreciate a bit of sympathy and understanding from them. And what would they suggest you do, I bet they don't have a solution and that may make them think! I would want to be angry with them but it won't help the situation I suppose, you have to live beside your neighbours, better to be in the good books

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭tangobelle2010

Girls, my blood has been boiling all day. After five wonderful nights of sleeping ten hours straight, liam was quite unsettled last night and woke at 2am. I struggled to resettle him and he cried for between 5 and 10 minutes (definitely less than 10 minutes). Next thing I know, someone is angrily hammering on our front door!!!

My blood is boiling for you! What did he/she expect to happen by hammering at the door at 2am! Disgraceful reaction. I hope you all had a better night. Did your hubby go to the neighbours?

Yes he knocked after work last night - and was much more diplomatic than I would have been. Turns out it was the seemingly quiet, easygoing neighbours. He said that he was knocking because he was concerned that we hadn’t heard him crying? Uh if you can hear him next door, we can hear him!!

Anyway my husband explained that he is only a baby, that we think he’s teething right now and that’s why he was awake more last night, and that as he gets a bit older his screaming sessions will likely get worse - so suggested they wear some ear plugs!

It ended on a cordial note and they talked about general chitchat, but I can assure you that I’m not feeling so cordial! It just makes the night wakeups so much more stressful for us now. We always worried about the neighbours, but now it’s even more of a stress.

It ended on a cordial note and they talked about general chitchat, but I can assure you that I’m not feeling so cordial! It just makes the night wakeups so much more stressful for us now. We always worried about the neighbours, but now it’s even more of a stress.

I can imagine you poor thing. Well hopefully the night crying will stop soon and you won't have to worry about the neighbours.

Have we any walkers yet? I was sure my baba would be away for her first birthday but that's come and gone and we're still waiting for those first steps. She's very cautious and afraid to let go of the furniture.

I can imagine you poor thing. Well hopefully the night crying will stop soon and you won't have to worry about the neighbours.

We're the same with our neighbours catrionanic. They've never said anything about late night crying and we've never said anything about their 4 year old running wild late at night on Fridays and Saturdays cos they want her to sleep late on the weekends!
    Have we any walkers yet? I was sure my baba would be away for her first birthday but that's come and gone and we're still waiting for those first steps. She's very cautious and afraid to let go of the furniture.
    We have a stairs climber! She spends the days now climbing the stairs with her grandad. She stands and shuffles along the furniture but hasn't taken off yet.

Ugh what a roundabout way of complaining about a child crying... Very annoying. Bet you they feel a bit guilty now especially when your husband was so nice!

No walking here either just standing at furniture and sometimes a bit of shuffling along but no where near heading off walking across the floor!!

God smaoifs are you not constantly terrified, does your baby know how to come back down as well as go up? That would be the hard part I assume it's a good skill to learn early on though, means you won't be scared of her going up and down when she is a pro already!

• Advertisement

Liam took the tiniest wee step yesterday and then decided it wasn’t for him and held on to his auntys knee. I think he will be there very soon though as he’s happily standing unaided for more than a minute now, and bouncing around/dancing at the same time!

greenttc wrote:
    God smaoifs are you not constantly terrified, does your baby know how to come back down as well as go up? That would be the hard part I assume it's a good skill to learn early on though, means you won't be scared of her going up and down when she is a pro already!

I only get to see it at weekends really but my mam sends videos of her going all the way up with grandad right with her. She's very steady but has shins and knees covered in bruises! She hasn't mastered coming back down yet. The effort of all that climbing multiple times a day wears her out so she is conking out as soon as she hits the cot these days.

Hmm I have been discouraging the stair climbing (Liam is mad for it - our stairs go round a tight and narrow corner and he can even get round that), but when I hear that it tires her out, it makes me question it!

He’s so funny. He crawls to the bottom of the stairs, looks at them, looks at me, and then pulls a serious face and shakes his head No, as he knows it’s forbidden!

Catriona, I’m raging on your behalf. I just can’t understand why a neighbour would think that would be at all helpful. It makes a stressful situation even worse. Sounds like your husband handled it well and I hope they keep their noses out of your business in future.

No walking here. She’s flying along holding onto walls and furniture but she’s not still a little cautious about letting go.

Hmm I have been discouraging the stair climbing (Liam is mad for it - our stairs go round a tight and narrow corner and he can even get round that), but when I hear that it tires her out, it makes me question it!
    He’s so funny. He crawls to the bottom of the stairs, looks at them, looks at me, and then pulls a serious face and shakes his head No, as he knows it’s forbidden!

Our houses sound the exact same! Stairs in the sitting room that turn a corner but our corner isn't tight or narrow so she gets a good run at it.

She was at her cousin's birthday party yesterday and had a great time. First ever party for her. She was worn out coming home after entertaining everyone with her chats and songs!

Hey greenttc, would you like a wee bump buddy?!?!

Two very faint positives, this morning and this evenings.... not planned but not surprised - quietly ecstatic!

Haven’t told anyone yet, not even my husband....

I don’t believe this, Liam has just taken his first steps a few minutes ago!

What a day!!!

Congrats caitriona! Wowsers! Not a bother to yourself and green! Exciting and busy times ahead!

Go Liam! Now go easy on your mammy, she'll need plenty of rest over next few months.

You ladies are making me broody!

Huge congrats catrionanic!

Wuhooooooo!!!! Amazing caitriona!!! Delighted to have a bump buddy we will have exactly the same situation now with our two under twos!!!!

Well done liam too on the walking, massive milestone.

What great news to read on a snowy Tuesday morning!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

Congratulations! I’m a little envious believe it or not.

Huge congrats Catriona! We're just starting to think about trying here - we needed a little bit of intervention first time around so I'd be shocked if it all happened naturally for us this time. But who knows......

ally_pally wrote: »
    Huge congrats Catriona! We're just starting to think about trying here - we needed a little bit of intervention first time around so I'd be shocked if it all happened naturally for us this time. But who knows......

We were headed for intervention on our first ally but found out I was pregnant days before we started so you never know! Fingers crossed and sure at least you know what worked the first time if you do need some intervention

My girl is 1 today! What an amazing year, has gone so fast in some ways but in other ways has been so slow!

smaoifs wrote: »
    My girl is 1 today! What an amazing year, has gone so fast in some ways but in other ways has been so slow!

Happy birthday Annaliese!!! Hope you all have a lovely day (and that mammy isn’t too emotional!)

Happy birthday Annaliese!!! Hope you all have a lovely day (and that mammy isn’t too emotional!)

Slightly emotional! Kept thinking back to the different stages of the day last year.
    Little teaparty this evening with just the aunts, uncles, grandparents and her 2 cousins. She's going to be the best dressed kiddo in Waterford with all the clothes she got today :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Hi all.
    Big congrats to all of ye :)

We have had the sh*test end to 2017 & start to 2018. My partner was diagnosed with skin cancer a couple of days before Xmas and to add to that got very sick over xmas due to other health issues. Ended up in hospital 3 weeks ago and has now been fitted with a colostomy bag.
    He is recovering brilliantly from the surgery and his back to his old self again. Now we just have to start the next journey which begins with surgery on Monday and will know after that if it has spread. We are very positive though & the two kids are keeping us going. Needless to say our world has been turned upside down but fingers crossed the excellent doctors looking after him have managed to get it all out.

Meanwhile the baby is still growing :) cruising around all the furniture but is so afraid to let go. She has a bad cold at the minute so is coughing a lot at night. Her birthday is in 2 weeks. Where the heck did that year go?? Just having small party with ourselves. It’s more for the 3 year old. He is so excited... probably coz he thinks he’s getting presents too!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Best wishes to all the pregnant ladies. Enjoy it all and I hope your February babies give you an easy time of it :)

I am so sorry to read of all your difficulties deh. What a tough time you've been having. I'm glad you're husband is on the mend after his illness and I'm sure he'll kick ass against skin cancer too. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Your two wee darlings will help you both through it.xxx

I’m so sorry deh. What a horrible, stressful time for you all. Will be thinking of you on Monday and hope all goes well with his surgery.

• Advertisement

Cant imagine how hard the last while has been for you deh, you and your husband will get through this with your little family, i am glad you have gotten through the first step and hopefully you will get good news about the next part. You will most certainly be in my thoughts . I am sure everyone else here will agree that your post has really put things into perspective.

Advertisement