Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

February 2017 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭s4uv3

Beanybabog wrote: »
    H&M tops are perfect, jeans and dresses small. Jojo maman are very generous!

Jojo maman might be my new favourite if they're generous :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Thanks All! Will try out H&M jeans. Desperately want some nice jeans this time around. Took out my old jeans from last time round and find that I still hate them as much as I did then - defo dont want to spend the next six months in them!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I got a great pair of jeans in marks and Spencer maternity online. I think they are called super skinny jeans and they are really stretchy and a band pulls over the bump so it keeps them up. Like wearing pyjamas it is pity they are only in blue though. I have jeans from h and m and new look too and don't really like them that much, they keep falling down.

Anyone feeling any movement yet? I am almost 19 weeks and feel nothing, it's a little scary despite knowing that it might take up to 24 weeks before feeling anything. Come on baby give me a sign you are okay in there ( preferably in the form of a kick!)

greenttc wrote: »
    Anyone feeling any movement yet? I am almost 19 weeks and feel nothing, it's a little scary despite knowing that it might take up to 24 weeks before feeling anything. Come on baby give me a sign you are okay in there ( preferably in the form of a kick!)

I thought I felt some 'taps', but tbh I couldnt swear they were the baby, very possibly wishful thinking. The past few days I've felt some very strange things that are almost like wind bubbles, again couldn't swear it's baby. I'm 18 wks tomorrow.
    Dying for proper kicks and thumps, I think it'll really hit home then.

Do you have a scan soon? That should reassure you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Padme

I was in h& m I'm dundrum yesterday, and I found straight leg jeans, I'm so excited!!! That's my holy grail!!! I've been living in my skinny over bump jeans, but now I have over bump straight leg, yippee!

I was 18 weeks on Sat. On Sunday, I could feel baby mooching around so my husband put his ear to the bump - and felt a kick! This is way earlier than last time. We are off this week, so I was lying in bed earlier and felt five good kicks in a row (with my hand on the bump)! Up to this week, I've only felt pushing and squirming, like it's rolling around, the kicks are new.

I have an appointment today s4uv3 so hopefully I get a little scan, i have never worried so much about anything in my life, its ridiculous!

Ah wow padme, you got such a good kick that you and your husband could feel it with your hand, amazing!!!

Phew, all is well with baby, i had a scan and he gave me a little wave to say he was okay! My placenta is a bit towards the front I was told, so that contributes to not feeling anything. So I will just wait now and let the worry build up until the next scan! I'm a wreck! And i am imposing all this worry on myself needlessly!!! I need to cop on!

greenttc wrote: »
    Phew, all is well with baby, i had a scan and he gave me a little wave to say he was okay! My placenta is a bit towards the front I was told, so that contributes to not feeling anything. So I will just wait now and let the worry build up until the next scan! I'm a wreck! And i am imposing all this worry on myself needlessly!!! I need to cop on!

Woooo!
    Now. Just keep telling yourself that other than taking care of yourself and doing all the things you're already doing, that anything that could go wrong will do so whether you worry or not. And having gotten this far you're very safe.
    Its easy to say (Im a nervous wreck too), but try to enjoy the pregnancy as much as possible, and treat yourself somehow after that successful scan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

17 weeks today and thought I felt a little flutter last weekend but nothing since. Had GP appointment this week and all is good. Back in hospital for scan 29th.
    Great seeing all the recommendations for jeans. Bump is appearing at night so gonna have to go shopping this weekend!

• Advertisement

Just got a pair of the H&M super skinny jeans delivered this morning. Appear to be very comfy, nice material. Only thing is that the part where the zip would be is really small, like really low down when you put them on - anyone else notice this? Maybe it's just noticeable to me now because I don't have a bump really yet & I didn't have over bump jeans first time around....

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Just got a pair of the H&M super skinny jeans delivered this morning. Appear to be very comfy, nice material. Only thing is that the part where the zip would be is really small, like really low down when you put them on - anyone else notice this? Maybe it's just noticeable to me now because I don't have a bump really yet & I didn't have over bump jeans first time around....

That's the way all over bump jeans are, most of the top is the stretchy fabric. My bump starts really low, so over bump jeans are the only ones I can wear. So so comfy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭Marz66

Hi all, a newbie to this thread. I'm due the end of Feb so I'm a little bit behind some of you - 16 weeks this week.

Been a little paranoid this time around but all is fine so far. Had 12 week scan and heard heartbeat at GP last week. I have a toddler too.

My sickness eased around 12 weeks but the exhaustion is only easing around now!

I can't wait til I feel some kicks!

Marz66 wrote: »
    Hi all, a newbie to this thread. I'm due the end of Feb so I'm a little bit behind some of you - 16 weeks this week.

Been a little paranoid this time around but all is fine so far. Had 12 week scan and heard heartbeat at GP last week. I have a toddler too.

My sickness eased around 12 weeks but the exhaustion is only easing around now!

I can't wait til I feel some kicks!

Wooooo welcome \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭deh983

Hi all
    Only joining now too. 19 weeks tomorrow. This will be our second. The boss is 2.5 so fun times ahead!
    Haven't had any scan or anything yet. Hospital app next week so can't wait for that. Only feeling small amount of movement now which has me a bit worried as everyone told me I'd feel it a lot earlier this time round.
    May break out the maternity clothes soon .... Everything is a bit tight :(
    Exhaustion is beating me everyday!!

Hope everyone is feeling good these days xx

deh983 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Only joining now too. 19 weeks tomorrow. This will be our second. The boss is 2.5 so fun times ahead!
    Haven't had any scan or anything yet. Hospital app next week so can't wait for that. Only feeling small amount of movement now which has me a bit worried as everyone told me I'd feel it a lot earlier this time round.
    May break out the maternity clothes soon .... Everything is a bit tight :(
    Exhaustion is beating me everyday!!

Hope everyone is feeling good these days xx

Welcome deh983 :)

Going to Berlin tomorrow for a few days that we booked when we found out I was pregnant.
    I was joking with my mam earlier, saying "last holiday for 18 years", when I realised it could well be our last holiday as a couple for many many years :eek:
    It's a terrifying and exciting thought :)

Chatting to one of the ladies that works in the canteen this morning, she thought I was due very soon by the size of me. :(

Cheek of her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Padme wrote: »
    Chatting to one of the ladies that works in the canteen this morning, she thought I was due very soon by the size of me. :(

I feel your pain! Random strangers have asked me am I sure it's not twins :(

• Advertisement

Marz66 and deh983 congratulations! Delighted to have more February babies, more people to compare notes with!

S4uv3 have a great holiday! I am the same as you, we keep doing different things and saying this is the last time as a twosome for each thing! We did lots of different holidays last year and early this year so I suppose that was the end of our adventures as we knew them! Ah well, wouldn't change it for anything!

Padme I feel massive too. I kinda think it is a lot of fat though, like how can there be bump up so far when the baby is still down so low... Just feel like a fatty rather than a pregnant lady! My husband keeps giving out and saying that I have to embrace it! Have had one person doing a bump touch so far, hated it!!!!!!! Don't like people touching my tummy in any circumstance and the fact that there is a baby in there is not an open invitation!

Did you all see there is an aldi baby sale next Thursday? Think I will get a few bits in it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Yeah the baby sale looks pretty good too!

I think their muslin cloths are supposed to be fairly good and I love the look of some of the baby gros. Suppose you just need so many if them in the very beginning and they will grow out if them so quickly it makes sense to get some of these!

Wonder will it be the type of stuff that will be gone first thing in the morning or will I be safe enough waiting till after work?

Well lidl had a baby sale last week so maybe it won't be too mad? Who knows. I won't be able to get there until after work anyway

A man on the underground in Berlin offered me a 'priority seat' this morning! :eek: :eek: :pac:

s4uv3 wrote: »
    A man on the underground in Berlin offered me a 'priority seat' this morning! :eek: :eek: :pac:

Woo a proper milestone!

Had a "one born every minute" marathon today.... Ah!

Lol I'm currently watching one born, on my second episode in a row! Wondering whether it's a bit crazy to watch it whilst pregnant??

Lol I'm currently watching one born, on my second episode in a row! Wondering whether it's a bit crazy to watch it whilst pregnant??

Are you watching series nine, the Liverpool one? I am on episode two if that right now and in floods of tears over that baby with the angry dad!

It somehow makes me think I can get through it all when I watch it.

Are our labour suites as nice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

Im afraid to watch it!

Advertisement