Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RLE1_007 Activation

Options
  • 25-05-2016 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

A Vdsl cabinet was recently installed at the RLE1_007 location.

How long should it take to test and commission ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Dulchie wrote: »
    A Vdsl cabinet was recently installed at the RLE1_007 location.

How long should it take to test and commission ?
    Hi Dulchie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Based on our latest deployment plan launched the end of March we had estimated 6-12 months, unfortunately we would not have further information on this cabinet until a new plan is launched. Please feel free to check back with me in a few weeks and I can check this again.

-Pamela  

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Dulchie

Hi Pamela,

Do you have any further info on RLE1_007.

I can confirm that the VDSL box was installed by Open Eir on Friday 13th May and that the fibre was spliced in on Saturday 14th.

KN networks were then due to commission and test but I have heard nothing since.

Hi Pamela,

I can confirm that the VDSL box was installed by Open Eir on Friday 13th May and that the fibre was spliced in on Saturday 14th.

KN networks were then due to commission and test but I have heard nothing since.
    Hi Dulchie,

I have checked our latest deployment plan and the estimated date that service will be available to order from this cabinet is September.

-Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Hi Dulchie,

I have checked our latest deployment plan and the estimated date that service will be available to order from this cabinet is September.

-Pamela
    Thank you for your reply.

I am disappointed to hear that the service will not be available before September.

Maybe those who say that Eir/Open Eir should not have sole responsibility for the efibre rollout are correct.

This is at least 100 days from installation to operation.
    Any competent business would strive to provide service as soon as possible.

Hi Pamela,

Hi Dulchie,

-Pamela

I am disappointed to hear that the service will not be available before September.

Maybe those who say that Eir/Open Eir should not have sole responsibility for the efibre rollout are correct.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dulchie,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]September is an estimated date so this could very well change and the service could be available to order before this date.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass this onto the relevant department.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭jd

It can take a while, cab has to be powered up too - arranging this with esb caused a delay with my cab, tested, and then there is a further month before cabs are ready to order because regulations say that all ISPs have to be given a month's notice.
    Looking at street view on google maps, the powerlines are the other side of the road from cab so this may take a while to arrange.

jd wrote: »

It can take a while, cab has to be powered up too - arranging this with esb caused a delay with my cab, tested, and then there is a further month before cabs are ready to order because regulations say that all ISPs have to be given a month's notice.
    Looking at street view on google maps, the powerlines are the other side of the road from cab so this may take a while to arrange.
    Thanks  jd,

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

Hi Dulchie,

-Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dulchie,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]September is an estimated date so this could very well change and the service could be available to order before this date.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the feedback, I'll pass this onto the relevant department.[/font]

Still no efiber, 114 days since installation of VDSL cabinet. No information available from Eir.
    What is going on ?

Hi Pamela,

Hi Dulchie,

-Pamela

Still no efiber, 114 days since installation of VDSL cabinet. No information available from Eir.
    What is going on ?
    Hi Dulchie,

The completion work is currently in progress on this cabinet and we are hoping service will be ready to order in the next 3-6 months.

-Pamela

Hi Pamela,

Hi Dulchie,

-Pamela

What is going on ?
    Hi Dulchie,

The completion work is currently in progress on this cabinet and we are hoping service will be ready to order in the next 3-6 months.

-Pamela
    According to the efibre roll out website RLE1_007 is due to go live on 7th December, however eir do not seem to know as their website has within 6 months. Can you confirm please.

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,

Hi Dulchie,

-Pamela

What is going on ?
    Hi Dulchie,

-Pamela
    According to the efibre roll out website RLE1_007 is due to go live on 7th December, however eir do not seem to know as their website has within 6 months. Can you confirm please.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dulchie,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked our latest NGA deployment plan & we have estimated this service will be ready to order in December. I'll pass your feedback on in relation to the website.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Hi Pamela,

Hi Dulchie,

-Pamela

What is going on ?
    Hi Dulchie,

-Pamela
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dulchie,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked our latest NGA deployment plan & we have estimated this service will be ready to order in December. I'll pass your feedback on in relation to the website.[/font]

Hi Pamela, Thank you for the good news.

Is the NGA Deployment Plan public?

I have a number of Colleagues also living the area who are interested and would like to know when fibre to the cabinet will be available for them.

Hi Pamela,

Hi Dulchie,

-Pamela

What is going on ?
    Hi Dulchie,

-Pamela

Hi Pamela, Thank you for the good news.

Is the NGA Deployment Plan public?

I have a number of Colleagues also living the area who are interested and would like to know when fibre to the cabinet will be available for them.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This information will be updated on the open eir website here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Should they have any queries any of our social media channels will be more than happy to assist with this. [/font]:D

Advertisement