Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griselinia

Options
  • 25-05-2016 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭

I have a neighbouring wall and would like to screen it off for some privacy. Would griselinia grow along a wall or would be West to south facing and would be sheltered from the east.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

macadam wrote: »
    I have a neighbouring wall and would like to screen it off for some privacy. Would griselinia grow along a wall or would be West to south facing and would be sheltered from the east.

Griselina is fairly hardy and not particular attractive or original, consider using fuchsia instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

Griselinia will grow anywhere.

But once it is at the required height you'll be trimming it once or twice a year, cutting back up to a foot per trim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

i had a lovely griselina hedge all around my house. my mother in law grew the plants from cuttings for me from her hedge and it was really strating to take shape, it was about 6 foot high.
    Then the blasted hard winter in 2010 got it and killed he whole thing i was disgusted, i replaced it with beech, the frost wont kill that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

macadam wrote: »

Consider the cherry laurel, very attractive and fast growing, suits most conditions and can be easily pruned

Advertisement