Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Iron Distance Races

Options
  • 25-05-2016 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Folks

Looking for a half ironman distance preferably in late June, July

I know Galway is June and in August we have Dublin, Athlone and Swinford.

But does anyone know of any others around these months please?

THanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

there is newry but i keep forgeting the date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Got a flyer too about a whole series of races on in one day in July in Lilliput adventure centre outside Mullingar. Have full, half, Olympic, Sprint and lots of different duathlons and aquathons too. No idea of the course or organisation though, just seen the flyer and I can't remember the name of them either!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

joey100 wrote: »
    Got a flyer too about a whole series of races on in one day in July in Lilliput adventure centre outside Mullingar. Have full, half, Olympic, Sprint and lots of different duathlons and aquathons too. No idea of the course or organisation though, just seen the flyer and I can't remember the name of them either!

I kinda know Denzil who is setting this up afaik he's doing a double ironman. It's not TI affiliated but it is fully insured and supported.

I'm not sure how good that support will be but it's all for a very good cause. I guess the adventure centre staff will be helping out with marshalling.

http://saplingscarlow.weebly.com/tickets.html

Every variation of triathlon is taking place so I'm sure there'll be an element of organised chaos.

I'll more than likely end up taking part it's suppsed to be a very nice setting in lilliput adventure centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Thankls for info folks, Newry is end Aug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

What's the half in Athlone in August called?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

MojoMaker wrote: »
    What's the half in Athlone in August called?
    challenge galway half...previously shadowman athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Got it - so there's no half in Athlone this year, it moved to Galway under the Challange brand.

Ta.

Advertisement