Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recognition of Dip from England

Options
  • 25-05-2016 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi all

I was wondering if someone could clarify the following for me.

I received a 2.1 Degree in my dip in England in 2008 but it has always been down as H Dip pass in my payslip ? Do they not recognise honours dips from abroad ?

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭franktennis

Any info on this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Any info on this

The PGDE in UK is a pass/fail qualification

I got mine in 2007 and although I got what we consider a 2.1 here - it just had "PASS" written on the transcript even tho I had received 68%.

I got on to my course supervisor and later the Dean, and they wrote a letter on my behalf to the Teaching Council & got it recognized as an honors H Dip and I have been getting the Honours allowance since March 2008.

It's possible but you'll need to make a lot of noise and be patient

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭franktennis

The PGDE in UK is a pass/fail qualification

I got mine in 2007 and although I got what we consider a 2.1 here - it just had "PASS" written on the transcript even tho I had received 68%.

I got on to my course supervisor and later the Dean, and they wrote a letter on my behalf to the Teaching Council & got it recognized as an honors H Dip and I have been getting the Honours allowance since March 2008.

It's possible but you'll need to make a lot of noise and be patient

Thank you very much for the reply. I've been on to college and they will be writing a letter on my behalf stating that my pass PGCE is equivalent to a masters which is higher than a degree qualification so hopefully it will work in my favour.

I've had a pass dip allowance since 2007

Advertisement