Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civil/Humanist ceremony - Form for Hotel for HSE?

• 25-05-2016 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard about some form your hotel is meant to complete if you are having your ceremony there?

Ive seen something on a fb group page about your hotel having to sign a form and send back if you are having your ceremony there, but i never heard of that. Not unless the HSE send it directly after we had our meeting to register our intent to marry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

The venue needs to be approved for ceremonies. Check with the hotel to see if it has done the process with theHSE. Many venues have this approval already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ah right ok. Yeah i was thinking it was all ok. Yeah they are approved but im just wondering do they need to do something in particular for our ceremony and get a form back in to the HSE that i need to check up on?
    We are meeting our hotel on Monday so ill check with her then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

Yes, we had to get a form filled by the hotel and sent back to the HSE. The registrar gave us the form at our appointment, we gave it to the hotel and they sent it to the registrar, we then got confirmation from the hotel that the had received the approval from HSE about a week later. I got the impression the form must be filled for every wedding, as we were not the first wedding in the venue this season. The form had our specific wedding details and contact details for the wedding co-ordinator

Oh ok. I must check the folder they gave us. I don't remember them saying anything about getting a form signed for the hotel and im usually on the ball!!

Ill check the folder later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 The_Stranger

The HSE emailed us the form when I phoned to book the appointment. When we were booking the venue we brought the form with us and they filled it out. We then gave it back to the registrar at our meeting.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks. I really need to try and get this form asap then. There was no mention of this form at our HSE meeting back in February. She did ask where it was being held alright. I booked my appointment online.
    Its a nightmare trying to get through to them on the phone, so ive left a voicemail. Hopefully they call me back.

Is the form a generic one or is it specific to you and your date? I was going to say if it was just a generic one could you possibly send it to me by email?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48 The_Stranger

andreac wrote: »
    Ok thanks. I really need to try and get this form asap then. There was no mention of this form at our HSE meeting back in February. She did ask where it was being held alright. I booked my appointment online.
    Its a nightmare trying to get through to them on the phone, so ive left a voicemail. Hopefully they call me back.

Is the form a generic one or is it specific to you and your date? I was going to say if it was just a generic one could you possibly send it to me by email?

I just checked it there, it's a generic one. PM me your email and I'll send it onto you. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

When we did the intent to marry, the registrar told us she would sending those forms to the venue and the humanist. Maybe that's why she didnt tell you, because she's done it?

Advertisement