Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit contactless feature fails a lot

Options
  • 25-05-2016 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Hi, 

I would guess that the contactless feature on my card fails 1 in 5 times. That seems high. For example today, the only time I've used it, I was asked to enter a pin for a €4 transaction. Is my card faulty?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi, 

I would guess that the contactless feature on my card fails 1 in 5 times. That seems high. For example today, the only time I've used it, I was asked to enter a pin for a €4 transaction. Is my card faulty?

thanks
    Hi musiknonstop, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

When you use your Visa Debit card and the contactless facility you will be asked to enter your PIN from time to time for security reasons. If you find that the contactless feature isn't working for you most of the time it may be damaged slightly, and you can request for a new Visa Debit card either by calling Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 or on 365 Online through the Online Service Desk and Reorder ATM/Debit Card. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭musiknonstop

Hi, 

thanks
    Hi musiknonstop, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards. 

When you use your Visa Debit card and the contactless facility you will be asked to enter your PIN from time to time for security reasons. If you find that the contactless feature isn't working for you most of the time it may be damaged slightly, and you can request for a new Visa Debit card either by calling Bank of Ireland Direct on 0818 365 365 or on 365 Online through the Online Service Desk and Reorder ATM/Debit Card. 

Please let us know if we can help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah
    Thanks Sarah. 

Advertisement