Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punters Pride Greyhound Syndicates

Options
  • 25-05-2016 1:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I have recently launched a new business called Punters Pride which sets up and manages greyhound syndicates for businesses, sports clubs individuals etc.

I have been working on the project for over a year before launch and hope that I can play a small part in bringing people back in to the game again. Feel free to have a look around the website.

http://www.punterspride.ie/

Note: User has been in touch to say that prices have been updated since this thread was first posted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Good to see people organise ownership/syndication as it never appeared easy for me to find out the ins and outs of greyhound ownership. However 100% purchase of a dog is €2,500 seems steep to me for a new venture. Suggests you want to start near the top. Surely in the initial stages getting syndicates fun dogs approx €1000 would be more affordable and attractable to a prospective syndicate?. Especially since you havent much syndicate experience before this, new in the syndicate game i assume?.
    The likelihood is 2-3 people will form a syndicate so €833 3x ways seems expensive for purchase in comparison to €333 for a 1k dog and members will know there is likely to be no return on their money as theres little money in the game so a smaller outlay initially and maybe in future years with a core of loyal owners syndicate the better dogs.

It depends what your mission is fun or profit?. And having a mission listed on the website would be good to help further clarify your ideals and main goals for the syndicate.

Which part of the country/tracks will the dogs run?. Who will the trainer be?. I think all this should be made clear without having to ring a mobile phone number to discuss further.

Jut a few suggestions, dont take me up the wrong way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

califano wrote: »
    Good to see people organise ownership/syndication as it never appeared easy for me to find out the ins and outs of greyhound ownership. However 100% purchase of a dog is €2,500 seems steep to me for a new venture. Suggests you want to start near the top. Surely in the initial stages getting syndicates fun dogs approx €1000 would be more affordable and attractable to a prospective syndicate?. Especially since you havent much syndicate experience before this, new in the syndicate game i assume?.
    The likelihood is 2-3 people will form a syndicate so €833 3x ways seems expensive for purchase in comparison to €333 for a 1k dog and members will know there is likely to be no return on their money as theres little money in the game so a smaller outlay initially and maybe in future years with a core of loyal owners syndicate the better dogs.

It depends what your mission is fun or profit?. And having a mission listed on the website would be good to help further clarify your ideals and main goals for the syndicate.

Which part of the country/tracks will the dogs run?. Who will the trainer be?. I think all this should be made clear without having to ring a mobile phone number to discuss further.

Jut a few suggestions, dont take me up the wrong way.

I have no issue with feedback good or bad its all welcome. To answer a few of the points raised. I am not new to the greyhound business the 2,000 euro for the purchase of a dog is not starting at the top dogs are expensive at this point and time. To aim at the top you could be talking anything from 8-10 thousand at least. The purchase of the greyhound could very well come in under 2,500 this is the maximum that would be spent if a group of friends have less to spend than thats fine.

In relation to the greyhound trainers being listed on the site they have requested their names not be listed otherwise they would be taking calls from people on a regular basis answering questions that I can answer when they are busy enough as it is. If it becomes an issue down the road they can be listed on the site.

The final point about where in the country the syndicates will be formed at the present time there is a trainer in Limerick covering Munster, One in Galway covering Connacht and the midlands, and One in Dublin I can list on the site the areas that are covered if people find it useful.

As far as listing the misson listed on the site that is not a bad idea at all and it wouldn't do any harm to have it on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 gerryf

I'm surprised at the lack of information about greyhound syndication in Ireland. Syndicates/sites that are promoted seem to be in the UK or Australia.

I'd agree with Califano that for those looking to get involved in greyhound racing for the first time, a punt around €300 for a 25-33% would seem more attractive.

Can anybody suggest any such syndicates in Ireland?

gerryf wrote: »
    I'm surprised at the lack of information about greyhound syndication in Ireland. Syndicates/sites that are promoted seem to be in the UK or Australia.

I'd agree with Califano that for those looking to get involved in greyhound racing for the first time, a punt around €300 for a 25-33% would seem more attractive.

Can anybody suggest any such syndicates in Ireland?

The figure listed on the website is only a sample some syndicates we put together only have a 1,000 euro to spend. We work with whatever budget the syndicate has to spend.

Is €200 a week for training only? Seems a bit steep.

• Advertisement

Is €200 a week for training only? Seems a bit steep.

That covers everything not just training. It covers the following registration of the syndicate, sourcing the dog, travel to the and from the track, trainer training fees, feed for the dog, vets checkups, all race entry fees for the dog and management of the syndicate.

audi12 wrote: »
    That covers everything not just training. It covers the following registration of the syndicate, sourcing the dog, travel to the and from the track, trainer training fees, feed for the dog, vets checkups, all race entry fees for the dog and management of the syndicate.

Do the trainers fees not include feed?
    Your website says "occasional vets bill may arise", so are not included in fees.
    By the looks of it, a lot will be going on "management of the syndicate"!

With any luck the syndicates winnings should cover most costs!

I wish you luck, but feel you are pricing yourself out of any possible market. I believe that IGB have a syndicate adviser who may do the same job for a lot less, if anything at all.

Do the trainers fees not include feed?
    Your website says "occasional vets bill may arise", so are not included in fees.
    By the looks of it, a lot will be going on "management of the syndicate"!

With any luck the syndicates winnings should cover most costs!

I wish you luck, but feel you are pricing yourself out of any possible market. I believe that IGB have a syndicate adviser who may do the same job for a lot less, if anything at all.

I expect to be breaking even on a lot of the syndicates I am not doing this to make a profit only to encourage more syndicates to get involved in the sport. I was a beginner in the sport at one stage contacting the IGB they give some information and this is it in my experience.

I expect to be breaking even on a lot of the syndicates I am not doing this to make a profit only to encourage more syndicates to get involved in the sport. I was a beginner in the sport at one stage contacting the IGB they give some information and this is it in my experience.

Who are the Trainers you have on board?

Would you consider posting on Greyhound forums, like Data and Scene? You might get more coverage there.

Who are the Trainers you have on board?

Would you consider posting on Greyhound forums, like Data and Scene? You might get more coverage there.

Thanks for the advice yes I will be posting on forums such as those also.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice yes I will be posting on forums such as those also.

What trainers have you on board? That might help prospective clients join up.

What trainers have you on board? That might help prospective clients join up.

For those syndicates in the Munster area Neilus o Connell for syndicates in the Connacht area there dogs will be trained by Seamus Fahy.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Charlie George

Great to see new people getting involved and new ideas,we definitely need them,best of luck.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,546 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

the syndicate market has a few different formats running in it atm

there are the weekly/monthly bill which have been hit very badly due to members dropping out down the line and forcing them 2 close

then theres the one off all in payment ie Champagne Club who celebrated its 30th Birthday in the last week or 2.

looking forward imo the only way to go is the all in one time payment , with forward plans for retirment costs built in etc but still to make it affordable

Great to see new people getting involved and new ideas,we definitely need them,best of luck.

Much appreciated numbers are way down in terms of ownership in the industry demand probably isn't what it used to be that is the challenge.

Much appreciated numbers are way down in terms of ownership in the industry demand probably isn't what it used to be that is the challenge.

Syndicate in the Kildare/ Dublin region has five shares remaining if anyone from either of those or surrounding areas are interested in joining contact me.

Syndicate in the Kildare/ Dublin region has five shares remaining if anyone from either of those or surrounding areas are interested in joining contact me.

When you say shares, what % are you talking about?

five ten per cent shares

Syndicate has been filled. Two syndicates will be be put together in the Connacht/Midlans and Munster areas in the coming weeks. If anyone is interested in joining get in touch.

Syndicate has been filled. Two syndicates will be be put together in the Connacht/Midlans and Munster areas in the coming weeks. If anyone is interested in joining get in touch.

Will you be buyinf anything from the new Sales in Shelbourne on August 19th?

"There has already been considerable interest shown in the Let’s Get Racing Sales at Shelbourne Park on Friday, August 19th.
    Entries are currently being accepted for the Sales and entry forms are available from all Racing Offices or they can be downloaded from: http://www.igb.ie/globalassets/rescource-centre/shelbourne-sales-19th-august-2016.pdf
    Official Trials are held every Thursday morning at Shelbourne Park commencing at 11am.

Further information on Let’s Get Racing is available at http://www.igb.ie/ownagreyhound "

• Advertisement

Will you be buyinf anything from the new Sales in Shelbourne on August 19th?

"There has already been considerable interest shown in the Let’s Get Racing Sales at Shelbourne Park on Friday, August 19th.
    Entries are currently being accepted for the Sales and entry forms are available from all Racing Offices or they can be downloaded from: http://www.igb.ie/globalassets/rescource-centre/shelbourne-sales-19th-august-2016.pdf
    Official Trials are held every Thursday morning at Shelbourne Park commencing at 11am.

Further information on Let’s Get Racing is available at http://www.igb.ie/ownagreyhound "

That all depends on how close the syndicates are to being full we will look at it closer to the time.

Advertisement