Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The brand split is back: Official Draft thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    would love if they had the PPVs on the same weekend each month

Saturday Night (sunday morning here) would be smackdowns PPV and Sunday Night (Monday mornin here) would be Raws PPV. They rotate each month

Will the big 4 (Mania, Summerslam, Royal Rumble and Survivor Series) be shared and there will be no brand exclusive ppvs them months ???

The big Four will always be shared and I'd assume there wouldn't be any brand ppvs that month. Hopefully that would mean the end of the money in the bank ppv and have the match itself at Mania between both brands.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I hope groups are picked as groups, New Day, Club, Enzo and Cass etc.

This could be a cool way to bring up some NXT talent, Finn, Bayley or American Alpha.

I hope they keep one World Champ who defends across each show. Then they could have number 1 contender matches across the brand at the big shows to keep some interaction between the rosters, big matches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I enjoyed the way it was done with Flair and Vince with each one announcing a name and assembling the rosters that way.

I'm hoping for something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Will Sky be carrying Smackdown live every Tuesday night / Wednesday morning?

Smackdown will need a belt of its own if its to be taken any bit seriously.

In fact I'd be in favor of moving the current belt to Smackdown and have RAW get the big gold belt. Gives Smackdown some credibility, especially given that Raw will always be the unofficial number 1 show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I enjoyed the way it was done with Flair and Vince with each one announcing a name and assembling the rosters that way.

I'm hoping for something similar.

Yea that would make it an even bigger deal including the people they choose. I hope they can choose NXT in that as well during the live broadcast instead of the supplementary pick they do online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

At least the brand split should lessen the number rematches.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

764dak wrote:
    At least the brand split should lessen the number rematches.

If it's anything like the last brand split it'll be quite the opposite unfortunately! That's something I never really understood with today's product with the combined rosters is how are they having so many of the same matches again and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

This is probably BS

13495367_1138552582849901_5757400268282321125_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,453 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Certainly doesn't look unrealistic by any means. Hope they bring back Vengeance and Armageddon though! Most important thing to me is unique sets, but I admit that's highly unlikely.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Ugh the brand split was so bad when they last had it and completely diluted ppvs with the amount of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,037 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Would definitely be better if there was still only one PPV per month and it alternated between Raw and Smackdown, with the big four being both brands.

Would give more time for feuds to build and to get people to care about them. Make the midcard shine again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Only two more than last year. Roadblock and no mercy seem New. There was a network ppv last year using the elimination chamber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Did anyone hear anything regarding the draft format?

Will it be picked by the 2 GM's like Flair and Vince, or will it be a lottery system like in other years? Surely makes more sense for it to be picked by GM's

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Surely "Clash of Champions" would be inter-brand? Its kind of set up in the name...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Are they bringing back two world titles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Wasnt there already a roadblock this year?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Tinie wrote: »
    Are they bringing back two world titles?

Rumour is, yes. They really want to push the two shows as distinct, separate brands, and part of that is having different top level champs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Will Kurt angle be part time like Lesner ??/

I imagine part timers will be on raw when they appear

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Will Kurt angle be part time like Lesner ??/

I imagine part timers will be on raw when they appear

You say that as if Kurt's coming back..

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    You say that as if Kurt's coming back..

Strong rumours he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Strong rumours he is

Well unless trips has changed his mind about kurt since the last conversation they are alleged to have had. Also would angle pass the actual medical for WWE to be cleared for in ring ? My understanding is he's not been great both physically and otherwise during his tna run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,103 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

How will the Brexit affect the brand split? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well unless trips has changed his mind about kurt since the last conversation they are alleged to have had. Also would angle pass the actual medical for WWE to be cleared for in ring ? My understanding is he's not been great both physically and otherwise during his tna run.

I believe he's gotten better in the last couple of years, if not I hope he can come back on screen at least, something with American Alpha maybe

How will the Brexit affect the brand split? :(

The whole UK will be excluded by WWE, they will stop the WWE network there, Sky will be made give up the rights to programming and merch won't be delivered there. Paige will be fired too lol

We're safe though and will get everything WWE related lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

More like how does brexit make Roman strong.

Itssoeasy wrote: »

nevermind bloddy forbes making up **** again.

He will come back one day but not anytime soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,508 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Really don't think he will ever be back in a wrestling capacity. He is my all time favourite but at this stage he is full-on broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

martyos121 wrote: »
    Certainly doesn't look unrealistic by any means.
    Seems it is legit.
    With the WWE brand split imminent, there has been talk of doing individual Raw and Smackdown Pay Per Views/WWE Network Special Events similar to what they did during the last time they split brands. Until now, that was purely speculation. The PPV schedule that has been going around is legit. So there are apparently nine more PPV/WWE Network Special Events remaining in 2016. Battleground, SummerSlam, and Survivor Series will remain dual branded. These are the dates and names of the remaining events:
    • 7/24 Battleground from Washington, DC
    • 8/21 SummerSlam from Brooklyn
    • 9/11 Backlash form Richmond, VA (Smackdown brand show)
    • 9/25 Clash of Champions from Indianapolis (Raw)
    • 10/9 No Mercy from Sacramento (Smackdown)
    • 10/30 Hell in a Cell from Boston (Raw)
    • 11/20 Survivor Series from Toronto
    • 12/4 TLC from Dallas (Smackdown)
    • 12/18 Roadblock from Pittsburgh (Raw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Seems it is legit.

Delighted with the return of Backlash and No Mercy but will be weird not having Backlash follow Mania in the PPV Calender. They better get the swinging hooks entrance...

Advertisement