Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The brand split is back: Official Draft thread!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Delighted with the return of Backlash and No Mercy but will be weird not having Backlash follow Mania in the PPV Calender. They better get the swinging hooks entrance...

It'll just be the same generic entrances they use for every ppv outside of Wrestlemania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://www.wwe.com/superstars

What way do u think the draft will go on the 19th July ??? Pick your own rosters

If there is a similar thread will the mod please lock this and move it to the relevant forum thanks

my roster (Current roster as of 30 Jun 2016)

Raw

Alberto Del Rio
    Apollo Crews
    Big Cass
    Big Show
    Cesaro
    Dudleys (Bubba Ray and D Von)
    Dolph Ziggler
    Goldust
    Jack Swagger
    John Cena
    Kane
    Kevin Owens
    Mark Henry
    R Truth
    Randy Orton
    Roman Reigns
    Russev (US Champ)
    Sheamus
    Sin Cara
    Titus O Neil
    Zach Ryder
    Wyatts (Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Eric Rowan)
    Primo and Epico

Divas
    Charlotte (Womens Champion)
    Niki Bella
    Alica Fox
    Becky Lynch
    Emma
    Dana Brooke

Part timers such as Taker, Brock Lesner, The Rock etc all on Raw

WWE Championship and WWE World Tag Team Champonships will be created for raw

Smack Down

AJ Styles
    Baron Corbin
    Enzo
    Social Outcasts (Bo Dallas, Heath Slater, Curtis Axl)
    New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, Xavir Woods) (WWE tag titles)
    Darren Young
    Dean Ambrose (world champion)
    Fandango
    Tyler Breeze
    Uso (Jimmy and Jey)
    Kalisto
    The Club (Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows)
    Accesion (Connor and Viktor)
    Nevile
    The Miz (Intercon title)
    Sami Zayn
    Seth Rollins
    Chris Jericho
    Vaudvillans (Simon Gotch, Aidan English)
    Tyson Kidd

Divas
    Nattie
    Sasha Banks
    Eva Marie
    Paige
    Summer Rae
    Tamina

WWE Divas title for Smackdown

Raw- 27 Male Talents, 7 Divas
    SD- 27 Male Talents, 7 Divas

6 Male Nxt Call ups before draft (3 each roster)
    4 Diva Nxt Call ups Before draft (2 each roster)

Raw
    Samoa Joe (will lose Nxt title before)
    American Alpha (Chad Gable and Angelo Dawkins)
    Nia Jax
    Asuka

SD
    Finn Balor
    Austin Aries
    Tye Dillinger
    Bayley
    Carmella

Raw GM- Stephanie Mcamhon & Triple H
    SD GM- Shane Mcmahon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Did someone post a supposed ppv name and list for the rest of 2016 ?

I think clash of champions was on there as a name of a new ppv. On the WWE app there is an picture that says clash of champions 2016 in gold on a black background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Will we get a customary tag team draft split we've seen over so many drafts? I can't think of anyone in the tag division big enough to break ranks and become a singles star.

Far to early for Cass/Enzo to go separate ways.

The New Day aren't the New Day if they lose a member.

The Wyatts? We've been there done that. Unless they really want to re-run Harper or Braun for a push.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Here ya go

7/24 Battleground from Washington, DC
    8/21 SummerSlam from Brooklyn
    9/11 Backlash form Richmond, VA (Smackdown brand show)
    9/25 Clash of Champions from Indianapolis (Raw)
    10/9 No Mercy from Sacramento (Smackdown)
    10/30 Hell in a Cell from Boston (Raw)
    11/20 Survivor Series from Toronto
    12/4 TLC from Dallas (Smackdown)
    12/18 Roadblock from Pittsburgh (Raw)

@PTH I don't see them keeping reigns and cena together. They'll want them leading the charge at house shows so if reigns is still their new cena I imagine he will be on raw and cena on smackdown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A PPV every two weeks is going to cause major burnout and fatigue for the viewer added to horrible storylines the next year of WWE wrestling isn't looking good for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

For the original draft, over a decade ago, it was a mistake to break up Bubba Ray and D-Von. This time I think it would be a big plus as I'd love to see the Bully Ray character get a chance.

As far as the line-up of Raw and Smackdown overall, I only really care about the top talent and the NXT talent so this is what I'd prefer:

Raw

Seth Rollins
    Roman Reigns
    AJ Styles and The Club
    Kevin Owens
    Chris Jericho

Charlotte
    Sasha Banks

Samoa Joe

Smackdown

John Cena
    Dean Ambrose
    Cesaro
    Sami Zayn
    Randy Orton

Becky Lynch
    Natalya

Finn Balor
    Shinsuke Nakamura

http://fantasy-draft.wwe.com/#/

You can now do a fantasy draft on wwe.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Never realized there were 73 wrestlers in the WWE (not even counting NXT).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So with Battleground taking place after the draft, how do you think that will affect things? Maybe tag partners split up by the draft turn on each other during a Battleground match. Maybe we'll have someone coming out to save a former enemy from a guy from the other roster.

They've a few ways to promote the split.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So with Battleground taking place after the draft, how do you think that will affect things? Maybe tag partners split up by the draft turn on each other during a Battleground match. Maybe we'll have someone coming out to save a former enemy from a guy from the other roster.

They've a few ways to promote the split.

Draft should of taken place the Raw after battleground. Battleground will be so predictable

I was thinking that maybe both the IC and US titles could go to the one show and a title change at Battleground for one. Funny that neither have a match at Battleground at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Would love if they brought back the European Championship. Would make a lotta sense given the amount of Europeans on the roster these days compared to when it was last active.. ( EDIT: actually only 6, counting Bálor .... 7 counting...... Kane? ;) But still.... ) and also with the amount of live events / tours held in Europe every year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Looks like the Smackdown GM might have been given away on the WWE app
    Yes Yes Yes

i can see the RAW GM being
    Triple H
    and of course the SD GM being
    Daniel Bryan , as the rumours suggest

For overseas shows and less important weeks The GM run the shows on there own while Steph and Shane go on vacation or do off camara duties. Vince will stay off tv and stay in the gorilla position for a few months

starting to get excited about the new era

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

There'll be a live steam of the draft on the Network from their network studio or whatever it's called.

https://www.wwe.com/article/smackdown-live-pre-show-draft-center-special

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Guessing it'll be a 1 am start next Wednesday morning for Smackdown?

How does the draft work? Is it that they each get 5 picks each then the rest are done at random?

Always laugh when they have random draws then the commentators and brand leader get all excited about getting someone like Connor from The Ascension as if it's a great pick.

Wonder who we could see benefit from separate rosters. Like could there be a new Smackdown 6? Will one be the wrestling show and the other the entertainment show?

How does the draft work? Is it that they each get 5 picks each then the rest are done at random?

Always laugh when they have random draws then the commentators and brand leader get all excited about getting someone like Connor from The Ascension as if it's a great pick.

Wonder who we could see benefit from separate rosters. Like could there be a new Smackdown 6? Will one be the wrestling show and the other the entertainment show?

People are hoping this will happen and have been talking about it so much that you'd think its inevitable. Thing is, that SD6 era only lasted about six months. By 2003 Luther Reigns and other muscle guys were getting pushed. SD still had cruiserweight matches but Lesnar was wrestling Big Show, Undertaker was wrestling his usual monster heels, JBL was champion, Batista, Khali etc. Little bit of rose-tinted glasses imo.

Vince did say on Monday that he wanted SD to compete with Raw. Time will tell...

• Advertisement

Yeah I was thinking it's gonna be the likes of Dolph getting a more prominent role. I've nothing against him but don't see him in that kind of role.

Yeah I was thinking it's gonna be the likes of Dolph getting a more prominent role. I've nothing against him but don't see him in that kind of role.

Shudder :eek:

Acht, we'll see. I doubt Vince McMahon is going to rediscover a love of workrate matches, linear rational storylines and character development and i dunno if he'll delegate SD booking to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

lads were not asking vince to change the world here....

Vince just needs to put a bit more effort into each show... and obviously put more value on smackdown! Ive said it before Smackdown over the last few years has been little more than a raw recap with and a couple of matches!

I dont think the best thing for the company is to put all the 'Wrestlers' on the same program - but grouping some together would make for 2 stronger brands! All depending on who comes up from NXT - and if the rumours are true as to some of the guys coming back they could have solid rosters with great workers - with not so great workers. Good mic skills guys - with not so good!

Im eager to see what they do but i honestly cant help but feel it may fall flat.... and im really worried about how many guys they bring up from NXT - not for the fear of NXT but for the fear of the guys coming up and just being too diluted on the roster.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-rumor-wwe-to-split-up-tag-teams-during-next-week-s-wwe-brand-split-draft

Dudleys- Bubba will be successful on his own but D Von wont be a big draw i think. Keep them together

Enzo & Cass- Obvisouly it is going to happen someday (cue Cass beating the hell out of enzo, heel promos saying he held him back, cant take bumps etc). Cass will be a big solo star but Enzo will struggle on his own. Id vote to split them up before we have to suffer a team rivilary with a heel Cass

Wyatts- Keep the team but put Braun and Bray on Raw and Luke Harper and Erik Rowan on SD. They can help each other out on the shared PPVS

New Day- Think they have gone as far as team as they could, some awful days but some very good days too. Big E in a mark henry type gimmick could be good, Kofi as before will be a good mid card solo star and Maybe throw Xaiver woods in a tag team with Darren Young and create some gimmick for them

could not care less TBH about the rest of the tag teams

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'm in two minds as to whether the Dudleyz will split and furthermore whether WWE have any interest in giving "Bully Ray" a substantial push.

If he got resigned on the back of his fantastic TNA run wouldn't it have made sense to bring him back in on his own and hit the ground running.

Maybe D-Von was part of the deal, or maybe it was WWE signing him for that reason but not wanting him to know it was the reason, so as to not give him too big a head.

So with this week's Raw being the last before the split, will we see anything of significance happen or will it just be mostly the go home show for Battleground?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Draft rules

http://www.wwe.com/article/wwe-draft-rules-2016?sf31145497=1

Raw to pick first
    Raw to get three picks for every two that Smackdown get
    6 NXT stars/acts to be picked
    Tag teams stay together unless the commissioner only wants one of them

I wonder who the nxt 6 will be ?
    There is a video of certain nxt superstars in the ring together and it's only five but you'd easily see those five on the main roster.

So the tag team split will come into play with that rule. Also as was pointed out in the comments, the Wyatt family and Lucha Dragons are listed as singles but not tag teams.

Bayley and Finn to be called up? Too soon for American Alphas?

• Advertisement

So the tag team split will come into play with that rule. Also as was pointed out in the comments, the Wyatt family and Lucha Dragons are listed as singles but not tag teams.

Bayley and Finn to be called up? Too soon for American Alphas?
    Well the five were bayley, Finn, American alphas, Shinsuke Nakamura.

Advertisement