Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The brand split is back: Official Draft thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,819 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So who do u think will be the general managers

Sting has general manager experience ??? Lol

Can see a certain recently retired wrestler (Yes Yes Yes) take over the mantle of SD

Girl power could be the thing for Raw. Nikki or Brie Bella, Trish, Lita could be contenders. I'd love Stone Cold to be a general manger but WWE been there done that, same with Triple H(oddly absent from the whole saga and TV for the last few months) and Stephanie, Mick Foley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

If it kept them from the fighting in the ring I'd have no problem with Kane and Big Show as GMs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He's "Demon Kane" according to the above link. Maybe Corporate Kane can be drafted to the other brand.

Daniel could be smackdown GM. Steph will probably go the heel GM route. Wouldn't mind if she got AJ back.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Raw: Triple H
    smack down: Bryan

Helps the two also have a history together as well.

Weird that they did the Three Picks to Two thing. It makes Raw looks like it's still the A show which everything to this point had avoided. But if Shane builds Smackdown as the Underdog show, that could play into things fine.

EDIT: Did not see the explanation give: Raw = 3 hours = 3 picks. Smackdown = 2 hours = 2 picks. Yeah, that actually makes 100% sense, so fair enough.

6 NXTers? Finn, Bayley, Alphas (do they count as two?), Tye, Joe and Graves?

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

I read the update on the WWE Website about the rules.... Im all for releasing information etc...

Like Raw getting First Pick - why not have a commissioner vs commissioner match on raw for first pick - i.e. Steph pick some1 and Shane pick some1 - just to shake it up

Single picks for the tag teams makes sense but there is def gonna be a tag team split up cos they keep mentioning it - my money is on Bubba purely cos he was brought back before devon and he is a top heel if used right

My major issue with this update is the amount of information again that they are giving - its too predictable - why say 6 NXT Superstars will be picked.... why do we need that info - were now going to be counting each one as they get drafted - I for one wasnt pro pushing up 10 at the same time cos there would be to many to get any sort of a push - but its like the royal rumble - When your getting to the last 5 ppl in you know who is coming - after the 6 nxt superstars are picked - i dont think i care after that!! So it'll just be like blah!!

WWE is massively predictable and thats been the problem - i would have loved Smackdown getting the first pick and shane picking Rollins to shake the whole thing up.... where now Steph will get Rollins.... and id love to see Finn pushed as the Number 1 pick!!

Finn, Bayley, Joe, Nia Jax, Nakamura, Alphas - not that i like Jax just think that vince wants some1 like that in the womens division

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »

6 NXTers? Finn, Bayley, Alphas (do they count as two?), Tye, Joe and Graves?

Alphas def a tag team so they only count as 1....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

WWE is massively predictable and thats been the problem - i would have loved Smackdown getting the first pick and shane picking Rollins to shake the whole thing up.... where now Steph will get Rollins.... and id love to see Finn pushed as the Number 1 pick!!

I know Steph doesn't like him, but surely Ambrose has to be Pick #1 as the WWE Champion?

doesnt exactly fall into the whole steph persona tho... who knows - championship match on monday could change the landscape of the wwe forever.... see you listen to michael cole talking crap for long enough.... just comes out!!

I dunno I think ambrose is 3rd pick - with or without the belt! Rollins 1 - Cena 2 - Ambrose 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,252 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

But if they still insist on a Reigns push when he comes back, then there will need to be a big deal made about him. I think he should be picked before Rollins just to annoy Rollins more since he's already constantly going off on Reigns.

Should the WWE Champ be eligible for the draft? I think he should be available for both brands really then if he loses he takes the winner's spot on the roster. Same for women's champ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/backstage-rumor-wwe-to-split-up-tag-teams-during-next-week-s-wwe-brand-split-draft

Dudleys- Bubba will be successful on his own but D Von wont be a big draw i think. Keep them together

Enzo & Cass- Obvisouly it is going to happen someday (cue Cass beating the hell out of enzo, heel promos saying he held him back, cant take bumps etc). Cass will be a big solo star but Enzo will struggle on his own. Id vote to split them up before we have to suffer a team rivilary with a heel Cass

Wyatts- Keep the team but put Braun and Bray on Raw and Luke Harper and Erik Rowan on SD. They can help each other out on the shared PPVS

New Day- Think they have gone as far as team as they could, some awful days but some very good days too. Big E in a mark henry type gimmick could be good, Kofi as before will be a good mid card solo star and Maybe throw Xaiver woods in a tag team with Darren Young and create some gimmick for them

could not care less TBH about the rest of the tag teams

I don't think the Dudley's will be split up. They seem to be there to help put over the younger guys and can see them being put into a feud with American Alpha to put them over.

The break up of Enzo and Cass will be for next years draft. I think they'll take the New Day's spot on Raw as the comedic group. Can see them winning the belts at Summerslam and going into a storyline with Alpha.

The Wyatts on two different shows would actually be interesting but a injury to Bray and Braun would be goosed on his own and same would go for Rowan if Harper picked up an injury.

The New Day will be the big tag team split in this draft. They have gone as far as they can go and isn't anyone left for them to feud with unless they carry on the Wyatt feud and end it at Summerslam. Kofi will probably go it alone and resume his role as mid card title challenger but wouldn't mind seeing Big E and Xavier teamed up but with Xavier as Big E's manger/mouth piece.

So who do u think will be the general managers

Sting has general manager experience ??? Lol

Can see a certain recently retired wrestler (Yes Yes Yes) take over the mantle of SD

Girl power could be the thing for Raw. Nikki or Brie Bella, Trish, Lita could be contenders. I'd love Stone Cold to be a general manger but WWE been there done that, same with Triple H(oddly absent from the whole saga and TV for the last few months) and Stephanie, Mick Foley.

If the bearded one is to be Smackdown GM I wouldn't mind seeing Kane as the Raw GM before the return of Triple H to take over sometime in the coming months. Kane and DB have that chemistry from their time as team Hell No and if it keeps him from competing in the ring all the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Are they doing pick throughout the night? so steph/new gm picks one then shane/new gm picks one. or going the random route where its a computer picking them like the later drafts

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But if they still insist on a Reigns push when he comes back, then there will need to be a big deal made about him. I think he should be picked before Rollins just to annoy Rollins more since he's already constantly going off on Reigns.

Should the WWE Champ be eligible for the draft? I think he should be available for both brands really then if he loses he takes the winner's spot on the roster. Same for women's champ

If they push ahead with the two PPV's a month would be difficult to have the champ compete on both brands I think and if they really want to push each show as two different entities competing against one another then they'll need their own champions.

I'd love if a newly picked raw superstar done a promo and talked about how great Raw will be and how much SD will suck, when cue Finns Music Hits and he beats up the Raw guy and shano says the newest superstar to join SD is ' the Demon Finn Balor'

It will be a travesty if Finns theme/gimmick is changed

CastorTroy wrote: »

If they push ahead with the two PPV's a month would be difficult to have the champ compete on both brands I think and if they really want to push each show as two different entities competing against one another then they'll need their own champions.

Also to have the 1 champion would it not make it more difficult to build storylines - have a story building between No1 contender on RAW and the Champ - and No1 on Smackdown and the champ - then RAW PPV comes up and the title changes hands the next weekend the Smackdown PPV is on and the whole build changes!!

I'd love if a newly picked raw superstar done a promo and talked about how great Raw will be and how much SD will suck, when cue Finns Music Hits and he beats up the Raw guy and shano says the newest superstar to join SD is ' the Demon Finn Balor'

It will be a travesty if Finns theme/gimmick is changed

I think he'll be thrown as the fourth member of the club and start him out as the heelish guy sporting the leather jacket before having the club turn against him and going into a feud with Styles and then busting out the Demon gimmick.

I can't wait to watch the cut away segments of the commissioners and Gms in serious discussions lol trying to trick us into thinking its a legit draft lol

would be fun if they drafted outside of the norm.... like i know all the rumours are around about past employees coming back - but drafting free agents could be epic...

The list of current WWE Superstars eligible for the WWE Draft will be as follows:

Male Superstars

AJ Styles
    Alberto Del Rio
    Apollo Crews
    Baron Corbin
    Big Show
    Braun Strowman
    Bray Wyatt
    Brock Lesnar
    Cesaro
    Chris Jericho
    Darren Young (w/ Bob Backlund)
    Dean Ambrose – WWE Champion
    Demon Kane
    Dolph Ziggler
    Erick Rowan
    Jack Swagger
    John Cena
    Kalisto
    Kevin Owens
    Mark Henry
    Neville
    Randy Orton
    Roman Reigns
    Rusev (w/ Lana) – United States Champion
    Sami Zayn
    Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    Sin Cara
    The Miz (w/ Maryse) – Intercontinental Champion
    Titus O’Neil
    Zack Ryder

Tag Teams
    Breezango (Fandango and Tyler Breeze)
    Enzo and Cass (Enzo Amore and Big Cass)
    Gallows and Anderson (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson)
    Golden Truth (Goldust and R-Truth)
    Shining Stars (Epico and Primo)
    Social Outcasts (Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel and Heath Slater)
    The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor)
    The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley)
    The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) – Tag Team Champions
    The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso)
    The Vaudevillains (Aiden English and Simon Gotch)

Female Superstars
    Alicia Fox
    Becky Lynch
    Charlotte – WWE Women’s Champion
    Dana Brooke
    Eva Marie
    Naomi
    Natalya
    Paige
    Sasha Banks
    Summer Rae

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The list of current WWE Superstars eligible for the WWE Draft will be as follows:

Male Superstars

AJ Styles
    Alberto Del Rio
    Apollo Crews
    Baron Corbin
    Big Show
    Braun Strowman
    Bray Wyatt
    Brock Lesnar
    Cesaro
    Chris Jericho
    Darren Young (w/ Bob Backlund)
    Dean Ambrose – WWE Champion
    Demon Kane
    Dolph Ziggler
    Erick Rowan
    Jack Swagger
    John Cena
    Kalisto
    Kevin Owens
    Mark Henry
    Neville
    Randy Orton
    Roman Reigns
    Rusev (w/ Lana) – United States Champion
    Sami Zayn
    Seth Rollins
    Sheamus
    Sin Cara
    The Miz (w/ Maryse) – Intercontinental Champion
    Titus O’Neil
    Zack Ryder

Tag Teams
    Breezango (Fandango and Tyler Breeze)
    Enzo and Cass (Enzo Amore and Big Cass)
    Gallows and Anderson (Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson)
    Golden Truth (Goldust and R-Truth)
    Shining Stars (Epico and Primo)
    Social Outcasts (Bo Dallas, Curtis Axel and Heath Slater)
    The Ascension (Konnor and Viktor)
    The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray and D-Von Dudley)
    The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) – Tag Team Champions
    The Usos (Jey and Jimmy Uso)
    The Vaudevillains (Aiden English and Simon Gotch)

Female Superstars
    Alicia Fox
    Becky Lynch
    Charlotte – WWE Women’s Champion
    Dana Brooke
    Eva Marie
    Naomi
    Natalya
    Paige
    Sasha Banks
    Summer Rae

Eva Marie ? Oh god. When was the last time Alicia fox was on tv ? And keep them all on one brand.

I know they said that tag teams count as one pick except if the GM wants tospilt them up but looking at the teams eligible with the exception of the ascension I think they work well together and should stay together. I mean they break up all the teams.

I just hope that whatever they do on Tuesday night that they give smackdown a fair of it roster wise. I mean raw will always be the flagship show but with smackdown going live and costing the company more money to produce I hope the effort matches the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Epico and Primo to be split up actually hopefully let go and Carlito re hired instead of them.

His discarded chewed apple has more talent than Epico and Primo put together in whatever guise the WWE want to put them in.

aq6TAo.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just re-hire Carlito and make them a trio with him as their front man.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

NXTer's

I think it will be people who have nowhere else to go in NXT, time for a call up because of how well they have done (1) or they need to sink or swim on the road (2).

So: Finn, Bayley and American Alpha from Category 1
    Alexa Bliss, MoJo Rawley and Tye from Category 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Has it been stated that its exclusively superstars cause somebody mentioned Graves to Raw/Smackdown earlier and think it is a great shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,301 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Has it been stated that its exclusively superstars cause somebody mentioned Graves to Raw/Smackdown earlier and think it is a great shout.

No I've only lists of in ring talent being eligible. Graves is a great shout to go to raw or smackdown if he's allowed to be who he is on nxt( the commentary love child of Bobby Heenan and Jesse Ventura) otherwise I'd keep him on nxt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Hopefully Carlito never returns, stupid one note gimmick and phoned in matches, even when he tried they were awful.
    Fingers crossed for Samoa Joe in those ugly fat guy pants he wore in 2009

13775420_1148222748550561_8758746977421925414_n.png?oh=fe5e4abb22871543c7e002bcc2431fa9&oe=581EEF54&__gda__=1478330339_2f6e62f4b990557350d28d885df0e61b

cant wait hopefully its true.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭Monokne

I think he'll be thrown as the fourth member of the club and start him out as the heelish guy sporting the leather jacket before having the club turn against him and going into a feud with Styles and then busting out the Demon gimmick.

It feels like this would be a huuuuuuge mistake, just like the Rollins debacle over the past few months. Balor is a massive babyface with the NXT audience, which usually makes up the most vocal audience at the TV tapings. The idea they would introduce him as a heel when the crowd desperately wants to cheer him feels very counter intuitive.

And perhaps even more importantly, a huge part of the act is his entrance. If he debuts in The Club, he loses that.

I am not a particularly big fan of him as a babyface, but to me the choice is clear - debut him as a face and he can get a superstar reaction and a big run right out of the gate. Debut him in the Club and he's a heel, second level at best playing second fiddle to AJ. I know which I'd do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,832 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

NXT curtain call ;)

You just know now that's the biggest troll ever and Finn will be staying on Nxt.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

Is D-Von not just employed at this point to keep Bubba company? D-Von's singles matches in TNA were so dull - even when Pope nicked his kids.

Advertisement