If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Recommendation up to 49 inch?

Options
  • 25-05-2016 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm interested in upgrading my TV from an 32LH200-ZA (from some years back) to something newer and shinier.

It'll be used for some gaming, streaming movies, and I have a satellite that's hooked up to an old Sky box, via SCART.  Could I hook the satellite directly to the TV for some channels, if so, great.

I can go up to 49 inch, depending on actual WxHxD measurements, due to the unit it will go into.  I'd prefer is the stand was straight, not forked or legs, the lip it sits on it 7 inches front to back, and plugs are hidden directly behind the TV, so have to allow for space for that.

3D isn't a concern, but if there was an option, great.

I was in Currys, and saw the LG 43UF680V, and wondered what your opinions were on it, or if you had anything bigger or better?  The width of that stand on that model is a concern, I know the legs come our a fair bit, but I cannot for the life of me find the measurements.  I also wasn't hugely impressed with the blacks, but for £399, it's not bad.

Budget wise, I'd like change from £500/€650.  So... Sell me something?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hey guys,

I'm interested in upgrading my TV from an 32LH200-ZA (from some years back) to something newer and shinier.

It'll be used for some gaming, streaming movies, and I have a satellite that's hooked up to an old Sky box, via SCART.  Could I hook the satellite directly to the TV for some channels, if so, great.

I can go up to 49 inch, depending on actual WxHxD measurements, due to the unit it will go into.  I'd prefer is the stand was straight, not forked or legs, the lip it sits on it 7 inches front to back, and plugs are hidden directly behind the TV, so have to allow for space for that.

3D isn't a concern, but if there was an option, great.

I was in Currys, and saw the LG 43UF680V, and wondered what your opinions were on it, or if you had anything bigger or better?  The width of that stand on that model is a concern, I know the legs come our a fair bit, but I cannot for the life of me find the measurements.  I also wasn't hugely impressed with the blacks, but for £399, it's not bad.

Budget wise, I'd like change from £500/€650.  So... Sell me something?
    HI Sofiztikated, thanks for your post

On the LG 43", unfortunately this is a finished product for us, pretty much all of the UF models are finished for us. There is a new range out, and the closest model would be the LG43UH604 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201910-43lh604v.aspx at £449/€629 including delivery and our 6 year warranty
    There is no scart on this model, but it does have a satellite connection, and it does have the feet at each end which probably won't suit for you

To get the best for your money, I would say to look at the Panasonic 49DS500 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201920-viera-tx49ds500b.aspx?swapstore=1 at £499 but only €599 EURO!!! Again this includes delivery and our 6 year warranty.
    It doesn't have Freesat, but it has 1 scart socket for your Sky box, plus the stand is a central style stand so would probably suit you a lot better there too.

Have a look at these and let me know if you have any other queries

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Cheers Brian,

How are the Panasonics these days?  Or they rebadged or of decent quality?  I've been nosey at LG and Samsungs, pushing Panasonic to the edge of my mind.

I've a healthy appreciation for the 6 year warranty, but how is the TV, many returns/complaints?

How is the web browser on it?  Flash or HTML5 enabled?  

Is the stand easily removed?  Judging by the pictures & measurements, I reckon that the front part won't sit on the shelf, so I may have to mount it.  

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Cheers Brian,

How are the Panasonics these days?  Or they rebadged or of decent quality?  I've been nosey at LG and Samsungs, pushing Panasonic to the edge of my mind.

I've a healthy appreciation for the 6 year warranty, but how is the TV, many returns/complaints?

How is the web browser on it?  Flash or HTML5 enabled?  

Is the stand easily removed?  Judging by the pictures & measurements, I reckon that the front part won't sit on the shelf, so I may have to mount it.  
    Thanks for the call and order Sofiztikated.

I got it all processed and managed to get it out with the couriers today, so you should get it tomorrow morning. I'll PM you tracking number
    Any problems, just drop me a post/PM

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Ordered Thursday, delivered Friday before lunch, can't say better than that.

Thanks for the recommendation, the easy transaction and the lightspeed delivery.  Happy camper, once again.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Ordered Thursday, delivered Friday before lunch, can't say better than that.

Thanks for the recommendation, the easy transaction and the lightspeed delivery.  Happy camper, once again.
    Thank you very much for your message, we're very glad you were happy with the service! If you need anything else don't hesitate to give us a shout!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.