Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Degree results

Options
  • 25-05-2016 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Hi, im entering final year now and based on my results so far im goin to be on a bare pass degree. Just a couple of things I'd like to know

1) have any current doctors here got on terribly? How have you got on once you've qualified? Im so worried im going to be terrible on the wards in just over 13 months time.
    2) what's the regional hospitals like for teaching and learning? Pretty safe to say im not going to be in any of the Dublin hospitals and while I know they might not be the be all and end all, all my class see really keen on getting the Dublin hospitals!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Once you have your degree, potential employers/schemes will soon forget whether you got a pass or honours. It might affect one or two marks out of 50 or 100 in scheme applications.

Many peripheral hospitals provide good teaching opportunities. Once you're out of intern year,schemes will rotate all round the place.

Might be worth trying to get your hands on the marking schemes used for SHO scheme applications. ICGP usually have theirs up, I'll try to find it.

Advertisement