Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Nissan Juke - €21500 plus 4k scrappage

• 25-05-2016 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone have any opinions on this.

Its mainly for the wife but I'll be driving it from time to time too, mainly urban.

Seems a great deal getting the €4,000 off the list price of the car.

My current car is worth about €1000 max.

Looking at the 1.2 turbo petrol model.

Smaller enough milage approx 7500 per year.

Planning on keeping the car for about 10 years so long term.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The looks of it are pretty Marmite, personally I don't like the way it looks. I would think going by the shape there would be little headroom in the back and a very small boot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,782 ✭✭✭Doodah7

New version due next year if that makes a difference to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A friend of mine has one. He loves it, but I find the looks and the interior a bit too wild for my tastes. Boot is pretty small, although it does have a 'cubby hole' under the floor which helps a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭kfrp

Alun wrote: »
    A friend of mine has one. He loves it, but I find the looks and the interior a bit too wild for my tastes. Boot is pretty small, although it does have a 'cubby hole' under the floor which helps a bit.

Cheers, I like the looks, something different.

The boot is mainly going to be used for a small dog and looks plenty big for that anyway :)

Going for test drive on Saturday in the 1.2 turbo petrol SV model so will post after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

I test drove a few Jukes earlier in the year and my brother has a 15' plate pre facelift model with the new 1.2 Petrol engine. I had my heart set on a 1.2 Petrol, SVE spec with Ink Blue paint :)

A few things from my perspective put me off. The engine can feel a little underpowered, especially at full load. The boot space is quite small, much smaller than anything else in the same class. There is a two tired shelf which is nice though. The visibility isn't the best and there are a number of blind spots. I'm 5'7' and found it quite difficult to get a comfortable position that gave me a complete field of view in my opinion. The cabin is also quite small, cramped really. The slope into the back seat because of the roofline causes plenty of bumped heads too but it's something you'd probably adapt to. The backseat space is tiny. Really quite small but fine if you're not going to have too many passengers (I wouldn't so that part didn't bother me). The parcel shelf is kind of annoying too. My brother has broken the clips off his on multiple occasions. He has it removed altogether now. It handles nicely though and really is a small enough car so it can be parked handy enough. Tax is €280 for the petrol I think which isn't the worst. Some of the body kit extras can impact the CO2 band though.

If you could get the SVE spec it'd be well worth it IMO. The leather seats are great and the Nissan Connect with the lane departure warning, screen etc give the cabin a nice feel. The SVE spec comes with the nice dark grey headliner too which is a nice upgrade over the grey standard headliner. My brother has the ambient lightning kit too and it's a nice extra. The interior can be specced to a quite sedate finish too so don't let that put you off. There is a new model due next year too, worth keeping in mind.

• Advertisement

I recently bought a new Pulsar with that same engine, and I find it great so far, far stronger than the 1.6 engine in my old '09 Qashqai. It does struggle a little in 6th sometimes if you let the revs drop, but there's a lot of pull in the lower gears for overtaking and stuff like merging onto motorways.

I too have the SVE spec in pearl white, with all the gadgets including heated leather seats and 18" alloys. All the online car reviews tell me it's "boring", but I beg to differ.

Thanks for the all the feedback, some useful info here :)

I'll prob go for the SV model if possible, maybe white

The old 1.6 is still available too, the only reason I could see how it could be better is its non-Turbo so less to go wrong.

The pearl white is a great colour, good choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Soarer

So it only costs €17500?

Soarer wrote: »
    So it only costs €17500?

For the model I'm looking at the list price is €21,500.

I'll be trading in my old Rover 75 towards it which they will give €4000 for so that leaves €17,500 then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

For a few pennies more you can buy a Leaf. Also 9 out of 10 on the ugly scales, but you can not own a car cheaper to run than that. €200 home charging will fuel about 15k km. The same would set you back €1200 to €2000 in a diesel or petrol...

unkel wrote: »
    For a few pennies more you can buy a Leaf. Also 9 out of 10 on the ugly scales, but you can not own a car cheaper to run than that. €200 home charging will fuel about 15k km. The same would set you back €1200 to €2000 in a diesel or petrol...

I like the idea of the Leaf but we will be doing some long journeys, prob one per month.

I'd prefer not to have to worry about charging it when away.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

Juke is great fun to drive. I have 1.2 turbo and puts smile on my face. Do not expect advertised economy thou.
    When you decide, the must have is the reverse camera and the LCD screen. Makes live so much easier :)
    Other than that, boot is big enough but limited space in the back. Front is grand, I am 6ft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I actually like the look of them. But are too small inside. Much smaller than a vw polo which I was trading in. I would struggle to fit my son car seat in the back.

Would you consider the new note? It'd cheaper and much bigger inside. The boot is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭oscar2

Hyundai I30 Classic 1.4 petrol comes in at €17600 with scrappage. Bit bigger than Juke more conventional styling. Engine non turbo so less fun but less to go wrong.
    Poor visibility when reversing.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Tom__jnr2

Millem wrote: »
    I actually like the look of them. But are too small inside. Much smaller than a vw polo which I was trading in. I would struggle to fit my son car seat in the back.

Would you consider the new note? It'd cheaper and much bigger inside. The boot is excellent.

I fit two car seats (rear and forward facing) so unless they are 7ft this is not an issue.

Again, juke is fun car. Love it or hate it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Tom__jnr2 wrote: »
    I fit two car seats (rear and forward facing) so unless they are 7ft this is not an issue.

Again, juke is fun car. Love it or hate it :)

My seats are erf ones to 25kg. They take up way more space then baby seat or forward facing ones.

New Juke ordered now!

Went for a couple of test drives recently and really likes the engine.

Nifty for a 1.2.

Performance comparable to my Rover 75 2.0 diesel.

Drove the 1.6 too just to see and the difference is night and day, 1.6 has 5 gears compared to the 1.2's 6 speed box.
    The 6th is important to have for motorway driving.

Ordered it now so looking forward to getting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Irishder

Looking at one of these also. Do you mind me asking how much did you end up paying. What spec did you get. Did you buy any extras? they throw anything in for free for you.

Hi

Went for the SV model with the 1.2 turbo petrol engine, 17 inch alloys, privacy glass etc.

Tried two garages and neither would budge on price, I'd say they are not making much on them once the €4000 scrappage is factored in.

I tried to get them to include the extended warranty but no go either :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

any feedback from recent buyers, thinking about getting a Juke but not fully convinced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

kfrp wrote: »
    For the model I'm looking at the list price is €21,500.

I'll be trading in my old Rover 75 towards it which they will give €4000 for so that leaves €17,500 then.
    You should have wrote minus 4k scrappage in the heading then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is a new model out soon, the current one is 7 years old and a bit old hat at this stage.

Advertisement