Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stables and Guards

Options
  • 25-05-2016 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭

Here comes the ban because God forbid, we mention Travellers.

Reading the Sligo Champion this week (24/05/2016) is surreal.

Sligo County Council with funding from the Department of Agriculture are going to build stables for horses owned by Travellers on Ash Lane. FOR FREE (well for them not for taxpayers).

This is land owned by the HSE where illegal grazing has gone on for years with horses (presumably not the same ones). So the HSE will lease the land to the County Council :eek:

Meanwhile Sligo Garda Station Public Area had to close due to it being so old, a sewage pipe burst encroaching on the area.

My gripe is with the authorities who pander pander pander. My gripe is with the lack of priorities inherent in whatever system we pretend to have. A car breaks down in Abbey Street and a person working part time has to raise money to have it recovered but in the interim, 3 weeks later, their car is towed and they get a bill for treble what they were going to pay anyway.

Leave a horse on land for 3 years, and we'll build you a free stable. OK paradoxing and surmising but seriously, what is wrong with this county/country.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

This is great. My daughter's always wanted a pony, now I can get one and have grazing land and stable for free! That's how it works, right...?

Advertisement