Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

refund to debit card

• 26-05-2016 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I hard a large sum of money refunded to my debit card yesterday and I checked my online statement and it states that it has been refunded. however it is not shown up on my balance as of yet. Does it take some time to process even though it shows that a refund has been made. ? thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

boodamon wrote: »
    Hi I hard a large sum of money refunded to my debit card yesterday and I checked my online statement and it states that it has been refunded. however it is not shown up on my balance as of yet. Does it take some time to process even though it shows that a refund has been made. ? thanks in advance.

It can take a few days for the funds to show up and become available to spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 boodamon

Thank you I just panicked when it said on my online bank statement that the money was paid into my account even though it was not visible or is not visible in my balance. I thought it would take a few days to even show up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Hmm.. I thought debit refunds were instant unlike credit card refunds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Joseph wrote: »
    Hmm.. I thought debit refunds were instant unlike credit card refunds.

Usually much longer. Depends on the bank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭VincePP

If the refund was processed yesterday, it will show fiarly quickly as a pending transaction and will be "cleared" the following working day.

Doesn't matter whether its credit or debit - they all use the visa or mastercard systems.

When the laser system was being used it was quicker as it was an internal Irish bank system - it still took 2 days though. (credit cards took 3-4 days until systems changed last year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Shouldn't it take at most one working day with sepa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,685 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Shouldn't it take at most one working day with sepa?

Nothing to do with SEPA, it will be the relevant Card Scheme (Visa or Mastercard) that will process the transaction.

Advertisement