Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

robertshill

Options
  • 26-05-2016 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Any one here living in Robertshill, how do they find the area? I was up there today looking at a place and one of the houses in the estate was boarded up so it looks like it might be a bit of a rough area?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've not lived there but lack of greenspace (if you have kids) and the sheer amount of cars parked everywhere and anywhere during the evenings/weekends is seriously annoying,

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

like any housing estsate it started off decent but over time got rough

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

miece16 wrote: »
    like any housing estsate it started off decent but over time got rough
    Anything to back that up miece?Do you live here??
    I'm living in Robertshill for the last 14 years and my wife and family wouldn't move for diamonds. The developer and council abandoned it years ago and the residents set up a Residents Assiciation and text alert system to deal with what was left to them, it's now classed by our local councillors and Gardai as one of the best/active associations in the county. The "lack of green space" comment is a joke, it takes the residents 6 hours to cut the green areas with a mower they purchased themselves (the council and developer refuse to cut it). They have also won two large estate awards with the tidy towns plus there is an excellent Youth Club for "residents only" which hs won numerous awards at Ossory Youth led competitions.
    Like every estate in KK it had it's problems especially during the boom when so called "landlords" rented to anyone and everyone but that seems to of passed now as they know the residents wont accept bull****e behaviour. Many of the "rented" houses are going up for sale and selling fast so that's a good sign eh! Throw away comments from people can seriously ruin people's ideas so probably best to ask someone who knows the whole story. On the "boarded up house" that was taken over by a bank who then boarded it up, it does look terrible and the Association are dealing with it through a TD and local councillors. If you have any questions OP please feel free to PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Comerman wrote: »
    Anything to back that up miece?Do you live here??
    I'm living in Robertshill for the last 14 years and my wife and family wouldn't move for diamonds. The developer and council abandoned it years ago and the residents set up a Residents Assiciation and text alert system to deal with what was left to them, it's now classed by our local councillors and Gardai as one of the best/active associations in the county. The "lack of green space" comment is a joke, it takes the residents 6 hours to cut the green areas with a mower they purchased themselves (the council and developer refuse to cut it). They have also won two large estate awards with the tidy towns plus there is an excellent Youth Club for "residents only" which hs won numerous awards at Ossory Youth led competitions.
    Like every estate in KK it had it's problems especially during the boom when so called "landlords" rented to anyone and everyone but that seems to of passed now as they know the residents wont accept bull****e behaviour. Many of the "rented" houses are going up for sale and selling fast so that's a good sign eh! Throw away comments from people can seriously ruin people's ideas so probably best to ask someone who knows the whole story. On the "boarded up house" that was taken over by a bank who then boarded it up, it does look terrible and the Association are dealing with it through a TD and local councillors. If you have any questions OP please feel free to PM me.

That's great to hear. I think at one stage it was looking bad for the area but fair play to the residents for stepping up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Comerman

That's great to hear. I think at one stage it was looking bad for the area but fair play to the residents for stepping up.
    Cheers Tipsy, it's like every estate in the county really, there's always one or two families/renters that don't give a tuppence or have any respect for the area or other residents but when they realise their behaviour won't be tolerated they move out and slate the area on facefook etc. In my experience these are the only people that have had a problem with Robertshill.

Advertisement