Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St. Pats vs. Marino

Options
  • 26-05-2016 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm currently 2 weeks away from sitting my leaving certificate and I've still not decided on what college I would like to go to. My main problem is that I can't decide which to put first on my CAO, St. Pats or Marino.

Most of the information regarding this is quite dated and I'm really stuck between the two. The info I found deals mainly with accommodation differences, however I live in Dublin so that does not apply to me.

From reading comments about St. Pats I'm worried that if you don't live on campus it will be more difficult to make friends as you'll miss out on all the craic.

I know there is a major difference between the year groups sizes however I'm not fully aware of the impact of this.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide me with any additional information that separates the two please? i.e. Hours, college year (holidays etc), strictness on attendance, placement etc. Opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭An Bradán Feasa

I'm currently 2 weeks away from sitting my leaving certificate and I've still not decided on what college I would like to go to. My main problem is that I can't decide which to put first on my CAO, St. Pats or Marino.

Most of the information regarding this is quite dated and I'm really stuck between the two. The info I found deals mainly with accommodation differences, however I live in Dublin so that does not apply to me.

From reading comments about St. Pats I'm worried that if you don't live on campus it will be more difficult to make friends as you'll miss out on all the craic.

I know there is a major difference between the year groups sizes however I'm not fully aware of the impact of this.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide me with any additional information that separates the two please? i.e. Hours, college year (holidays etc), strictness on attendance, placement etc. Opinions or experiences would be greatly appreciated!!

Marino is quite strict when it comes to attendance but I found this to be a good thing.

Both courses are a four-year honours B.Ed. so nothing different there.

Marino is on a less-busy campus on a less-busy main road. Parking is free in Marino but not in Pat's.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're unlikely to find someone who did the course in both places.
    Go for which ever one you like the feel of or is easier to get to for you.
    You'll make friends anywhere.

Advertisement