Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellamianta Tan

Options
  • 26-05-2016 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Has anyone tried this tan out yet? Either the lotion or mousse?
    I've been seeing bloggers/influencers raving about it but don't trust 99 percent of those. It claims to wear off evenly but I'm sceptical about that.
    I normally use Vita Liberata and it's time to buy a new bottle so thought I might give this a go instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I literally just applied the mousse at lunchtime (productive lunch break!). Didn't really smell like biscuits. It does seem to go one dark enough but I'm looking for a dark tan anyway. Will report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭scarbouro

How much is it? I've a few events coming up and wouldn't mind giving it a go.

Hi, I meant to come back sooner and give a little update on the tan.

I applied a layer of it last Thursday lunchtime. I then showered it off that night and applied another layer. Showered again Fri morning and had the wedding that day. The tan came up a lovely colour on me. I looked (and felt) like I was just back from holidays! It was a bit obvious around my hands and feet but that was probably due to my application of it. Since application it has been through a wedding (with a lot of dancing), a funeral, numerous showers, a dip in a Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, a sweaty 10km run, and life in general.

I noticed yesterday it was a little patchy in places, but again I put that down to myself, I probably need to moisturise a bit more and it needs a bit of a scrub at this stage. But overall I was happy with the tan, while it was dark (which I wanted) it was still natural enough looking (if that makes sense). Didn't smell like a biscuit was my husband's response! Tan was a bit pricier than what I would normally go for, I used the mousse and that was €22.95.

Edit: I did notice some transfer under the arms as I was wearing a white top the day of the wedding. Also wore a white top yesterday to work and there was another bit of transfer under the arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

Thank you Sunny Dayz! It sounds better than some other tans I've used and it costs less than the Vita Liberata one that I got before I saw the lotion in my local pharmacy for 20 so I might get that & try it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭rougegal

I tried this out last week (the lotion) and I'm impressed with the colour and that it hasn't gone patchy so far - it's been on for 4 days. I'll be scrubbing it off tomorrow as I have to get my skin ready for another tan application on Wednesday. The joys of wedding season!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭anon71

Tried this on Saturday. Found it dried much quicker than 60 secs but that could have been the heat. I did think it went on very dark, there's no way I'd have gone out in public before I showered it off!! I showered it off after 4 hours because I was stuck for time and I lost a lot of the initial colour on my back and legs but it had come back up a nice bit by Sunday again. Haven't scrubbed it yet just normal showers.

Did transfer under my arms and a little on the bedsheets. I got it in medium but I do think it's quite a dark medium. I'll definitely use it again but I'll leave it longer to develop before I shower.

Also it doesn't have a strong fake tan smell. I could smell it a little bit on day 2 but nothing compared to other tabs.

Edit: it also is wearing off very evenly. No snakeskin effect. Cost me €19.95 in my local pharmacy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Anywhere in Dublin city centre that does this spray tan

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I saw Tara makeup got hers done for her wedding in Dublin, but not sure where? Maybe check her FB page it might say? Sorry can't be more helpful:..

Try finding out from SoSueMe - I think she gets this tan done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Out in drumcondra :( need something in town ideally... The stress!

• Advertisement
Advertisement