Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford fulltime firefighthers reruitment June 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Papp9

Will be given it a go anyway, looks like a great place to work with all the work been done down there, new station and that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

Will many people apply do you reckon?
    How many are they recruiting I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭123kid2014

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    Will many people apply do you reckon?
    How many are they recruiting I wonder?

I heard 4 external and 2 internal

1000+ will apply id imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭nicknackgtb

123kid2014 wrote: »
    I heard 4 external and 2 internal

1000+ will apply id imagine

I heard 2 full time and 1 retained!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DeltaDelta

I imagine there will be anything 5-6000 applying. Any idea what the last recruitment drive attracted?

• Advertisement

Anybody heard anything back yet?

I rang HR last week and they said no dates or anything confirmed for next stage. Still sorting through the applications. Could take a while....

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sjc10

I rang HR last week and they said no dates or anything confirmed for next stage. Still sorting through the applications. Could take a while....

That's a bit slower than usual; anyone go for it the last time? Dealing with some of these councils is a job in itself. Galway is by far the worst so far though

Rang them there again.. Still nothing set, still no dates for any further steps. She said it'll be a good while

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sjc10

Rang them there again.. Still nothing set, still no dates for any further steps. She said it'll be a good while

Yeah I emailed them as well and they weren't very helpful. The hr department probably took the summer off and are emailing from a cruise ship in the Mediterranean. 5 weeks past the closing date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

DeltaDelta wrote: »
    I imagine there will be anything 5-6000 applying. Any idea what the last recruitment drive attracted?

Well 6800 went for DFB so i would imagine your figure is optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Choppy1916

Well 6800 went for DFB so i would imagine your figure is optimistic

Ye definitely, sure 2000 went for cork city last time so I'd imagine waterford would be approx 1500 .

DeltaDelta wrote: »

Last recruitment for Waterford attracted 1000 approx. I went for it that time and HR told me this over the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DeltaDelta

Wow! I thought that DFB would attract a lot more than that. Looks like I was being too optimistic!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Choppy1916 wrote: »
    Last recruitment for Waterford attracted 1000 approx. I went for it that time and HR told me this over the phone.
    last time they recruited the competition was ran by publicjobs.ie not the council HR

Anybody get anything at all yet?? 8 weeks now is it. Anybody who might be in the know?

Spoke to HR. Apparently we should hear next week and then the testing will be three/four weeks from that time.

Brilliantly, if that is the case and I'm fortunate to make that stagethat's the week I'm on holidays! :(

last time they recruited the competition was ran by publicjobs.ie not the council HR

I asked the kind lady in HR further on in the competition how many applied. She told me.

But what you say is correct.

I asked the kind lady in HR further on in the competition how many applied. She told me.

But what you say is correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BE_THE_HOKEY

Anyone hear any more about this or get any correspondence? it's a pretty slow process!

• Advertisement

No nothing here anyway! So much for the next week I was told on the 11th!!

Another month on.. Don't suppose anyone has heard anything?

not a single word!!!!

Rang again today for the craic, as I didn't for the last 6 weeks.

"It'll be three weeks anyway, no date set for the psychometric tests yet"

I'll take that with a pinch of salt even..

Rang again today for the craic, as I didn't for the last 6 weeks.

"It'll be three weeks anyway, no date set for the psychometric tests yet"

I'll take that with a pinch of salt even..
    jaysus incredibly slow, its probably looking more like the new year then

Any further developments?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Was talking to 2 people I know going for this and they both got letters yesterday with a date in October for the physcometric test

i got a response and it wasn't the response i was looking for, it said unsuccessful reason for not ticking endorsments/unendorsments drivers licence.
    to say i'm gutted is and understatment. this is my third attempt in ten years and to miss one simple thing on the form. i must have let it blank coz i have no endorsments as i need my truck licence for my job

Anyone any idea how many are doing the psychometric tests?

• Advertisement

Hi slightly off topic but what type licence do u need? Anyone know off hand

Advertisement