Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford fulltime firefighthers reruitment June 2016

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭DuckyFuzz

For the psychometric test? As far as I know just the normal B car licence. Don't think you needed the C or D for this recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭cookie.monster

Hi slightly off topic but what type licence do u need? Anyone know off hand
    id imagine a full clean b class

How did people find the psychometric tests?

Was it on just the Wednesday or a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 BE_THE_HOKEY

DuckyFuzz wrote: »
    How did people find the psychometric tests?

Was it on just the Wednesday or a few days?
    Tests were tough!
    I only know of 2 test sittings on Wednesday morning up to dinnertime!

Ya, was tough alright.

Hopefully now we'll hear in next few days.

• Advertisement

Is anyone surprised that it's taking the full 2 weeks for results 😊

Is anyone surprised that it's taking the full 2 weeks for results 😊

haha exactly what I was thinking.

During my test, they were like "it could take 2 weeks but we should have it to you in 1 week".
    Why even bother saying that? :)

Would it be that surprising if it didn't come tomorrow?

Did you know many/any doing it?

Only Know 2 others wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come tomorrow either! Anyway best of luck everyone I don't think I done well enuf this time!

They came anyway but it just says the numbers, not if you make the next round or when we will find that out...

I did awfully anyway (i think? its kind of hard to judge) so I'm assuming I won't make next round.. Fingers crossed though.

Just average myself too fingers crossed maybe we'll get another bite @ the cherry.

• Advertisement

with the way this campaign is being handled by the HR dept of the council i'm sure they will pick the wrong people and it will be up again?

[font=arial, sans-serif]I thought the psycometric test results would be given with the cutoff for interview - letting you know have you made it that far or not.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Fair enough a date for interview might be difficult to organise but a cutoff so that you know if your in or not surely is just a simple calculation based on the results from the testing company?[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Obviously they aren't very comparable but it's already taken longer from application to this far (1 psycometric test) than it did for the entire process - initial application to panel numbers for DFB..[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]It is understandable I guess when you break it down - probably far less people working on it, smaller council and not as much of a rush on to get people in. It's just being in the dark is a pain.. [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Realistically, you'd imagine interviews will be after Chistmas if letters don't go out in the next 2 weeks.[/font]

Anybody do an interview last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭iceage

Any word as to have positions been offered and if so how many?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭TJHooker2016

Just to update, two Retained Firefighter got the roles i was told they are in the OBI training with the current class of DFB recruits.

Just to update, two Retained Firefighter got the roles i was told they are in the OBI training with the current class of DFB recruits.
    no surprise there then, same thing happened in 2013

Advertisement