Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish speaking groups in Limerick?

Options
  • 26-05-2016 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭

Hi all. I'm looking to see if there are any Irish speaking meet ups in Limerick. So far I've asked in the Conradh na Gaeilge offices on Thomas street, they didn't have anything suggestions beyond a kind of kitchen they run, but that's only on certain times of the year. I've also checked out meetup.com; there is a group called Gaeil Lumní but they don't seem to be very active.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Gaeil Luimní would probably still be the best bet, but they only meet up every month or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,988 ✭✭✭leakyboots

I was actually going to post about something similar - I'm looking to get my Gaeilge back to a decent conversational level, I don't want lessons per se, just want to meet someone once a week for lunch and have a natter. Anyone know anyone who'd be interested?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'd usually be up for something like that, but I'll be teaching at Irish colleges in the Gaeltacht for most of the next 8 weeks. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Supermensch

@An File thanks for your suggestions, ag cén gaeltacht an mbeidh tú ag múineadh? :)

@leakyboots that's exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for. I just don't get enough opportunities to talk Irish conversationally with other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭cailleach an airgid

On Friday lunchtime in the market there is an informal ciorcal comhra - in Marie's coffee shop. They are very friendly! They meet from about one to two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

Is múinteor mheánscoile gaeilge ó a Ghaillimh mé. I only moved to limerick but don't know many gaeilgeoirs in the city - just one or two teachers in the Gaelcholáiste.I was looking for group too but Conradh na Gaeilge not as active in Limerick as in Galway. Will be between Galway and Limerick for the summer so if anybody wants to meet up for even coffee and practice cúpla focail just let me know. Btw am not from the Gaeltacht - none of my family speak Irish. Just want to keep trying to speak it in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭georgem25

Advertisement