Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Desperately looking for temporary foster home for out 2 lovely doggies

• 26-05-2016 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I have found myself in a terrible situation where the place Im living wont accept dogs, I have had them minded for the last while and this has ended and left me with nowhere for my dogs, they are 2 lovely, fully house trained placid collies and I just need a temporary home for the next 12 weeks until I can get new accomodation sorted so we can keep them, Ive tried everywhere and having no joy from anywhere, I really dont want to have to surrender them it would break our hearts but nowhere seems to be able to help and I cant afford a private kennels, is there anybody out there that can help, this is really urgent any help or advice at all would be great thanks in advance x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Sorry to hear your tough situation. :( It'll be hard to find someone alright, but what would make it easier is if you would let them know that you can provide food etc. for whoever is fostering for the duration of their stay. Have you contacted some of the smaller rescue pages on Facebook?

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MissyBuddy

Yes I have contacted everywhere and still am in the process, i could afford to pay probably a small amount per week and also provide food and bedding and any other costs, if I can find somewhere in Dublin we can even take them out if nearby can even do the daily walks etc.. its just a base really we need for the moment for them until we can get new accommodation so we can keep them :( heartbroken at the thought of losing them :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

MissyBuddy wrote: »
    Yes I have contacted everywhere and still am in the process, i could afford to pay probably a small amount per week and also provide food and bedding and any other costs, if I can find somewhere in Dublin we can even take them out if nearby can even do the daily walks etc.. its just a base really we need for the moment for them until we can get new accommodation so we can keep them :( heartbroken at the thought of losing them :(

Putting emphasis on the bolded part when communicating with these rescues may help you. Most people would think that the dogs total care would be on them, which is off putting as most people aren't in the position to do that.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

I've sent you the name, by PM, of a small charity who would certainly do their best to help you if they could.

Advertisement