Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spray Tan before Hols

Options
  • 26-05-2016 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭

Has anyone gotten a spray tan before going away on a sun holiday? I'm going away soon for a wedding abroad but would like a bit of a base to start off with-I'm not great at tanning so could do with a wee colour.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Yep! What do you want to know?

Do you normally get a spray tan, or have you gotten one before?

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

I'm just wondering have other people gotten one before a holiday and does it fade well after being in and out of water and against the intense heat etc. Or can anyone recommend a spray tan that wears off well.

I havn't had one done in a long time and I'm not sure which tan it was!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

The only spray tans I will use are St. Tropez and Xen. They are so natural you would never know you're wearing tan (obviously this is down to the application too, if you're in south dublin I'll recommend someone). You should always moisturise your hands, knees, elbows, heels and feet immediately before application.

Chlorine is going to make it fade. The key is to exfoliate very well before getting it applied. Shower after you swim to remove excess chlorine. Moisturise every evening with a non oil based moisturiser. And then use a moisturising SPF during the day (there's a great one in Aldi!).

These two tans do not crack, do not "scale", they fade gradually and can be removed easily.

I've just come back from a few days in the sun and the above means I never felt dirty and my tan was never patchy. I use SPF 30 on my body and 50 on my face.

All that said - if you rarely get tan then do you really want one? or do you just feel like you should have one? If it's the latter then think again. Pale skin is beautiful in a bikini!

You could also look at the gradual moisturises like holiday skin/dove etc. The St. Tropez is the one I would recommend but I don't use them very often so someone else might have better knowledge of those :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Thanks a mill-that'd pretty much what I was looking for. I'm based in Dublin 15 but I might see who spraytans using St. Tropez out that direction.

Ah yeah I definitely want a bit of a colour before leaving, even a very slight tan.

Thanks for the info!

Advertisement